Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SG f@h is hurting

well after messing around with the new client, Found that it defaults to "medium" and on medium, the GPU does not fold unless your at a screen saver or the screen shuts off, lost a day of folding on 2 GPU's. Set to full and its working fine now

Quote Originally Posted by morbidpete View Post
    well after messing around with the new client, Found that it defaults to "medium" and on medium, the GPU does not fold unless your at a screen saver or the screen shuts off, lost a day of folding on 2 GPU's. Set to full and its working fine now
    Not sure how I feel about the new client, but yes, it does default to a lower setting. I don't even use the web aspect of it.

yea, Cuda kicks the crap out of AMD. F@H has to use open CL to utilize AMD cards.
    Hold on a minute there bucko I've had it running since Saturday and it's stayed showing ~100k Ppd the whole time
    Something has been optimized on the either the AMD drivers or F@H client....or it's just a lie, like the pie.

Quote Originally Posted by loop2kil View Post
    Hold on a minute there bucko I've had it running since Saturday and it's stayed showing ~100k Ppd the whole time
    Something has been optimized on the either the AMD drivers or F@H client....or it's just a lie, like the pie.
    Ahem

@loop good god, my nvidia always beat my AMD, But that was last year and AMD was just starting to be supported. I have a an AMD 7750 only pushing 12k :-(

@loop good god, my nvidia always beat my AMD, But that was last year and AMD was just starting to be supported. I have a an AMD 7750 only pushing 12k :-(
    I think it's a lie personally, look at my production so far it just doesn't add up. I think I will wait until the end of the week and see what it has done then celebrate or curse it.

P.S. I still have a hard time calling them AMD video cards...Always will be ATI to me

Okay, looks like my GPU finished a 28k point unit over an hour ago and it hasn't shown up in my points today on the website. Is it lost or does it normally take this long to post. Are there point hackers out there?

Okay, looks like my GPU finished a 28k point unit over an hour ago and it hasn't shown up in my points today on the website. Is it lost or does it normally take this long to post. Are there point hackers out there?
    stanford and extreme overclocking dont update immediately, they poll every so often. It will show.

Like Pete said, it's not instant. They show updates every 3 hours, and I've found that points submitted in the last hour before an update often won't show until the following update.
    Just to be sure, double check your team # and username.

Moved up a slot, #9 now!

Moving on up!
    Thanks Paft, DV, Fastchevy, Loop2Kil, and MorbidPete for starting up again

Always good to see you Minir.

Looks like I might need to add another machine to stay ahead of you guys.

Wouldn't be anywhere close to where we are without rickoic (99% of the SG team right there, look at his stats and you'll be amazed), BTracy, Far-N-Wide, and Mr SCat

Everyone else, we still need your help!
    Feel free to ask any questions here or in the SG distributed computing forum. It's as easy as trini's sister, equally rewarding, and for a great cause.

does this look about right for a 6 core intel cpu @4.2Ghz and a new amd rx 290 video card ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    does this look about right for a 6 core intel cpu @4.2Ghz and a new amd rx 290 video card ?

Not sure Mark, my system's are old hyper-threaded and dual core, and looks like the jury is still out on that gpu: http://www.overclock.net/t/1436884/r...-h-ppd-results

The total ppd seems way high to me, are you seeing any results like that?

Also, in the picture the "folding power" is turned off.

Mark, the PPD statistic is a lie. Mine shows ~116k PPD but I actually only averaged 30k per day over the last week.

The better core processor is nice but the big points come from the GPU video card. I have a quad core I7 920 2.6gig, each core maybe makes 700 points a day. The gtx560 display card does about 17k. I've been playing with only 3 active core the 4th core is not in use and the points on the display card went up about by about 500 to 2000 per day.
    USAF RETIRED

Quote Originally Posted by Far-N-Wide View Post
    The better core processor is nice but the big points come from the GPU video card. I have a quad core I7 920 2.6gig, each core maybe makes 700 points a day. The gtx560 display card does about 17k. I've been playing with only 3 active core the 4th core is not in use and the points on the display card went up about by about 500 to 2000 per day.
    What he said

how would i change that setting ?

To understand this a little better a Quad core has 8 CPUs (look at the performance Tab on your task manager). You can leave all 8 folding or If you have a single Display card leave 2 CPUs inactive. By default the 2 inactive CPUs will assist the display card fold GPUs faster.

Open your Folding client and click on Configure. Click n the Slot tab, under the Folding slots highlight "ID 1 type cpu" On the lower right of this tab, click on edit. You will then see a section for CPU and a section for GPU (leave the GPU section alone).

On the CPU section change the setting from -1 to 6. Remember 8 is max of a quad core, so setting at 6 will free up 2 CPUs for the display card. At 1st it will seem that there is no change on points. but over time you will see an increase. It took me several weeks of off and on testing to decide to leave this at 6.

Some one punch my Nerd Card!
    USAF RETIRED

To understand this a little better a Quad core has 8 CPUs (look at the performance Tab on your task manager). You can leave all 8 folding or If you have a single Display card leave 2 CPUs inactive. By default the 2 inactive CPUs will assist the display card fold GPUs faster.

Open your Folding client and click on Configure. Click n the Slot tab, under the Folding slots highlight "ID 1 type cpu" On the lower right of this tab, click on edit. You will then see a section for CPU and a section for GPU (leave the GPU section alone).

On the CPU section change the setting from -1 to 6. Remember 8 is max of a quad core, so setting at 6 will free up 2 CPUs for the display card. At 1st it will seem that there is no change on points. but over time you will see an increase. It took me several weeks of off and on testing to decide to leave this at 6.

Some one punch my Nerd Card!
    Thanks Far-N-Wide. I could get him to the Slot CPU configuration but wasn't sure what value to set. Hoping you'd chime in.

okay i changed it to 10 for my 6core CPU, but it says in log file that it may cause errors ?

still waiting for bonus points from my passkey and only folding at nite time for now