Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SG f@h is hurting

I saw the same error message as well, but have never seen any errors. There are other considerations to look at. Open the Nivida Control panel, read each option and set everything to performance or off, avoid Quality options. Save them and then start your folding.
    USAF RETIRED

Quote Originally Posted by Far-N-Wide View Post
    I saw the same error message as well, but have never seen any errors. There are other considerations to look at. Open the Nivida Control panel, read each option and set everything to performance or off, avoid Quality options. Save them and then start your folding.
    thanks for the advice.

hey loop2kill, i think you might need to set a passcode to get bonus points

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    thanks for the advice.

hey loop2kill, i think you might need to set a passcode to get bonus points
    I just did it last night so hopefully it will start working...I still quite sure that I am not getting all my points for my GPU, At least every other one never shows up in the points total.

Quote Originally Posted by loop2kil View Post
    I just did it last night so hopefully it will start working...I still quite sure that I am not getting all my points for my GPU, At least every other one never shows up in the points total.
    If you look at the log file, does it show them being completed and sent?

Quote Originally Posted by Humboldt View Post
    If you look at the log file, does it show them being completed and sent?
    Yes, and as I watch the points on the page I never see that one get posted. It's usually after the next one is done that points get posted.

My points are looking a bit better today, though I still expect my production to be a bit slower than Mark's...I only have a Xeon E3-1270 @ stock speeds.

Yes, and as I watch the points on the page I never see that one get posted. It's usually after the next one is done that points get posted.
    If you've double checked that the user/team are correct (and don't see how they couldn't be if one gpu is getting points and the other isn't) you might want to ost on the f@h forums: https://foldingforum.org/

Please let us know what they say.

I'm going to ask if my college can implement this. Will give an update as I am dealing with a state funded school (not sure if the state mandated security policy will allow this).

Quote Originally Posted by RaisinCain View Post
    I'm going to ask if my college can implement this. Will give an update as I am dealing with a state funded school (not sure if the state mandated security policy will allow this).
    Best of luck That would be awesome.

I doubt they will, but better ask instead of installing w/out their knowledge (ahem...Prey).

If you've double checked that the user/team are correct (and don't see how they couldn't be if one gpu is getting points and the other isn't) you might want to ost on the f@h forums: https://foldingforum.org/

Please let us know what they say.
    There's only 1 GPU in the system but I don't think the points were getting posted for every unit that it finished. It would be the next unit that received points. I think the Passkey being setup has fixed the issue though, looks like I am rolling now with 290k for the week so far....that's more like it.

Watch out Mark, I'm coming for ya
    Last edited by loop2kil; 11-26-13 at 12:55 PM.

There's only 1 GPU in the system but I don't think the points were getting posted for every unit that it finished. It would be the next unit that received points. I think the Passkey being setup has fixed the issue though, looks like I am rolling now with 290k for the week so far....that's more like it.

Watch out Mark, I'm coming for ya
    bring it on !

not sure how long i am going to fold, stress testing CPU over clocks mostly, i can't really afford to run 24/7 like i did back in the day.

good to see some activity again though , thumbs up everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    bring it on !

not sure how long i am going to fold, stress testing CPU over clocks mostly, i can't really afford to run 24/7 like i did back in the day.

good to see some activity again though , thumbs up everyone
    Same here. I no longer share the electric bill. so its all on me. I cut back on a few cores and added a GPU today.

Blog Entries
    Re Folding

Due to the excessive increase in hydro costs here as well as my now having to run an oxygen supply machine 24/7 which in total is showing a $60 per month increase in my billing i have to bite the bullet and shutdown my main folding machine. I will try to maintain my smaller one.

I feel bad but not much else i can do.

---

regards

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by minir View Post
    Re Folding

Due to the excessive increase in hydro costs here as well as my now having to run an oxygen supply machine 24/7 which in total is showing a $60 per month increase in my billing i have to bite the bullet and shutdown my main folding machine. I will try to maintain my smaller one.

I feel bad but not much else i can do.

---

regards

Larry
    Hey
    Don't feel bad. Every little bit helps.
    What rig did you shut down? I remember you having a main system and a laptop?

Take care Minir.

Blog Entries
    Hey
    Don't feel bad. Every little bit helps.
    What rig did you shut down? I remember you having a main system and a laptop?

Take care Minir.
    ---

Hi Humboldt

My main system is my Dell XPS 9100 / i7 CPU 960@3.20GHZ (Shut down)

My Laptop i no longer use for Folding

The one still churning is my oldie a AMD Fathom 64x2 Dual Core 5200+ putting out about 1200 per day. Not much but hopefully it helps.

Our Liberal Govts. here in Ontario have really cocked things up with our Hydro Utilities that they figure our costs will double in 5yrs. Its sinful what they have done. They have been playing politics with our hydro by shutting down all coal fired plants and not building any nuclear replacement, but spending a fortune on solar and wind that simply can't meet demands here. The cost of greening is ridiculous as its unreliable. They will as a party be booted out of office in the next election but unfortunately the damage is already done.

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by minir View Post
    ---

Hi Humboldt

My main system is my Dell XPS 9100 / i7 CPU 960@3.20GHZ (Shut down)

My Laptop i no longer use for Folding

The one still churning is my oldie a AMD Fathom 64x2 Dual Core 5200+ putting out about 1200 per day. Not much but hopefully it helps.

Our Liberal Govts. here in Ontario have really cocked things up with our Hydro Utilities that they figure our costs will double in 5yrs. Its sinful what they have done. They have been playing politics with our hydro by shutting down all coal fired plants and not building any nuclear replacement, but spending a fortune on solar and wind that simply can't meet demands here. The cost of greening is ridiculous as its unreliable. They will as a party be booted out of office in the next election but unfortunately the damage is already done.

Larry
    Personally, I'm all for green when it's done right. Solar is the way to go IMO, there's more solar energy hitting the earth than we could ever use. Wind is great in certain situations, but here in the US we're getting reports of gov't sanctioned bird kills of bald eagles being covered up as they try to push wind power through as eco-friendly. In this situation that's BS.

No fan of coal either. It's cheap but dirty as hell, and in the long run the cost of using it will skyrocket given the amount of damage it delivers. Not the cost of burning it, but the cost of fixing all the problems that arise later.
    Hell-bent against nuclear, nasty sh*t. It works, but we've still never figured out how to safely dispose of the "spent" fuel. Get a human error or nature at its worst and you have the whole Fukushima horror in your backyard. No thanks.

Sounds like you're caught between a rock and a hard place. I'm sorry it's trickled down to such a hardship for you. We all need the energy, IMO the technologies that can make the safe and efficient methods of delivering it have been severely throttled.