Thread: Entitlement minds

Angry Entitlement minds

Be sure to also watch the short video included with the article and pass this along. Disgusting!

http://www.gopusa.com/theloft/2013/0.../?subscriber=1

Disgusting would be you not allowing my freedom of thought.

Huh.

According to what I found in 30 seconds this is less about 1 guy being a jackass and manipulating the system than Fox "news" putting a BS spin on whatever they can find, hoping for ignorant people like you to bite.

And trust me, you bite hard Gerald.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/08...-recipi/195338

According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA) Food and Nutrition Service, the fraud and waste rate in SNAP is roughly 1 percent, contrary to recent Fox claims that the program is rife with fraud.

Unlike Greenslate, 41 percent of food stamp recipients live "in a household with earnings," and use SNAP benefits to supplement their primary source of income. Furthermore, the USDA reports that most food stamp recipients stay in the program for only a short period of time:

Half of all new SNAP participants received benefits for 10 months or less in the mid 2000s, up from 8 months in the early 2000s. Single parent families and elderly individuals tended to stay in the program longer than did working poor individuals, childless adults without disabilities, and noncitizens. Seventy-four percent of new participants left the program within two years. This is an increase from 71 percent in the early 1990s.

Fox's attempt to demonize food stamp recipients as a caricature of willful dependency ignores the fact that SNAP kept 4.7 million people out of poverty in 2011, many of whom are children or the elderly. Unlike Greenslate, the majority of these individuals relied on the program not because of laziness, but necessity.

Surely it would not have been difficult for Fox to find a realistic face of food stamp recipients, as 76% of SNAP households include a child, elderly person, or disabled American. This dishonest depiction of SNAP is the latest example of Fox's longstanding tradition of maligning the poor.
    http://www.inquisitr.com/901153/jaso...tles-fox-news/

Maybe itís awesome to him. For most of us, letís be honest. A $200-a-month hustle simply isnít worth our time. Of course, the idiotic Fox News report has angered serious political observers on the left. Media Matters pointed out that to call Jason Greenslate the face of SNAP is itself food stamp fraud. He is far from typical. In fact, MM said 76 percent of SNAP households included a child or an older or disabled person. They also noted that 41 percent of SNAP recipients do work. The work simply doesnít pay enough to keep hunger away without the food stamps.
    Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/901153/jaso...eG8AyjR3FOM.99
    Don't get me wrong, this guy Jason is an idiot who deserves nothing from taxpayers. To spin the story around the way Fox has manipulates the simple-minded.

So you believe the government?

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald285 View Post
    So you believe the government?
    Did I say that? Don't put words in my mouth.

Aren't you missing a Fox special or some other brainwashing-for-the-ignorant broadcast?

This just cracks me up. I mean, come on... I opened your link and without reading 3 words you know where that article is going.

With that said...
    1. There are people that resell their benefits at a minimum. Here is Los Angeles it's mostly the severely down and out drug addicts and drunks on skid row. I'm sure there are other but that is my understanding of the problem here in Los Angeles.
    2. I make it a point of avoiding and discounting people who I meet and within the first 30 seconds of a conversation they use the word "Obama". If they do, you automatically know where the conversation is going.

There are abusers of every type of help for the needy. Now that this morons face is posted and if his story is true, then it's the states fault for not cutting him off.
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

"The current welfare system provides such a high level of benefits that it acts as a disincentive for work," the report for the libertarian think tank says. "Welfare currently pays more than a minimum wage job in 35 states, even after accounting for the Earned Income Tax Credit."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/wel...8/21/id/521546
    Nutty like squirrel terds!!!

When i was growing up, for a time, my mom got food stamps. We got government cheese, too. So did people we knew. None of us were "working the system". My mom worked her ass off all her life - she just needed some help at some points.

Even if there IS fraud, does that mean the programs should be discontinued? Lets let kids starve, because god forbid a few *******s jack the system.
    There is security in fearlessness.

Quote Originally Posted by Humboldt View Post
    To spin the story around the way Fox has manipulates the simple-minded.
    That's how FOX makes their living.

Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    That's how FOX makes their living.
    True

Who has the larger part in perpetuating the BS spin stories...Fox or the weak-minded that take it as gospel?

Is it Gerald's fault for taking the bait and passing it on, or Fox's for targeting the simple people out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Humboldt View Post
    True

Who has the larger part in perpetuating the BS spin stories...Fox or the weak-minded that take it as gospel?

Is it Gerald's fault for taking the bait and passing it on, or Fox's for targeting the simple people out there?
    Bit of both I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by 9mmprincess View Post
    When i was growing up, for a time, my mom got food stamps. We got government cheese, too. So did people we knew. None of us were "working the system". My mom worked her ass off all her life - she just needed some help at some points.

Even if there IS fraud, does that mean the programs should be discontinued? Lets let kids starve, because god forbid a few *******s jack the system.
    I agree. The way things are currently, I wonder if anyone knows how many people would starve to death without a safety net. To me, this is just another form of getting others to go at each others throats. More division and hatred.
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

I can't believe the Fox bashing in this thread... ....

You folk need to be more respectable. After all, more viewers over 65 watch it than any other news source.

Side Note. Al Jazeera is coming to America and the funny thing is? My guess is it'll probably be more accurate and less political BS than Faux News.
    The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, and prejudices to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own for the children and the children yet unborn and the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone.

Quote Originally Posted by downhill View Post
    I can't believe the Fox bashing in this thread... ....

You folk need to be more respectable. After all, more viewers over 65 watch it than any other news source.

Side Note. Al Jazeera is coming to America and the funny thing is? My guess is it'll probably be more accurate and less political BS than Faux News.
    I thought AL Gore sold them that channel....

Anyway, it really doesn't matter what your opinion is or what you think. Government is too big to stop.

All you can do is try and make a way to minimize the damage when the country breaks down.