Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Zimmerman acquited

Zimmerman acquited

same. I feel like we'll never really know what happened. I feel like he should have LISTENED TO THE COPS when they said DONT FOLLOW. But I also feel like Trayvon wasn't an innocent little kid like he was portrayed, and its very possible he saw Zimmerman following him, and... well, there's two ways to look at it.

1. Trayvon sees Zimmerman following him, and thinks he's trying to start crap with him. He decides he's going to **** him up, and assaults him. Zimmerman fears for his life, and shoots.

2. Trayvon is minding his bizness walking down the freaking street (being black and wearing a hoodie - omg scurry). Zimmerman comes up to him talking crap. Trayvon feels threatened, and to PROTECT HIMSELF, decides to attack this "threat". Except this threat has a gun and is a wanna be cop. You know the rest.

I dont even know which version I believe. It's a tragedy no matter how you look at it.
    There is security in fearlessness.

I followed the trial closely. With all the evidence presented, the only possible verdict would have been Not Guilty. People have turned this into a race issue. It's not. There are pot stirrers out there still trying to incite others to arms or rioting. Those are the ones that should be arrested.
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

Quote Originally Posted by 9mmprincess View Post
    I feel like he should have LISTENED TO THE COPS when they said DONT FOLLOW.

He did, it's evident in the 911 call from GZ, unless you got the transcript from CNN.....

If he didn't follow, how did he end up in a physical fight with Trayvon? Shouldn't he have gone back and sat in his car? Not arguing, just asking.

If he didn't follow, how did he end up in a physical fight with Trayvon? Shouldn't he have gone back and sat in his car? Not arguing, just asking.
    1st, TM started to run off to the back entrance after realizing he was being watched, that is the reason GZ started to follow, IMO to keep tabs on him while the police were dispatched, I've done this myself at work and in my own neighborhood.

GZ went back to his truck, evident by the 911 call telling dispatch where to me him after they said "OK, we don't need you to do that.", and later TM reappeared to confront, he could've just kept going and gone home.

Also, the dispatcher asked GZ to keep an eye on him and let them know if he does anything else.

it sickens me to hear some people portray TM as an innocent young child, they seem to fail to mention the part where he was beating the **** out of GZ MMA style.

I'm just glad it's over,,

so they can get on with the rioting & looting & burning

I dont think there's been any yet, right? Not according to CNN anyway.

Cybertron - you know someone else said the same thing to me, that he DIDNT follow. I read the transcript once or twice, but it was CNN's version. Like I said above, I don't know what to believe, really. I think both sides were at fault to a degree. The whole thing bums me out. Even if Trayvon was guilty of assault and Zimmerman really did feel threatened and worried for his life, and was justified in using deadly force (which I believe is a decent possibility), I just wish people would keep in mind that there are plenty of black teenagers walking around in hoodies who ARENT a threat to anyone. Even if Zimmerman was in the right, imagine you're a 17 year old black kid wearing a hoodie, walking back to your parents home at dusk. You're a walking target. People look at you and think: danger. Which means YOU'RE in danger, all the time, just for being who you are.

Anyway, I'm tired of talking about this case, it bums me out

well if more young black youth just acted in a decent manner, than they wouldn't be suspect, i mean most of the inmate population is black.

by no means am i saying that black people in general are criminals, but some of them do make it harder on the whole population by acting like idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    well if more young black youth just acted in a decent manner, than they wouldn't be suspect, i mean most of the inmate population is black.

by no means am i saying that black people in general are criminals, but some of them do make it harder on the whole population by acting like idiots.
    There's millions of white inmates too, though. Why don't we freak when a white boy in a hoodie walks down the street?

And the fact that many young black men commit crimes still doesn't change the fact that an straight A, honor roll student who helps old folks after school is still a target if he's black and wearing a hoodie. he's busted his ass to NOT be a stereotype. Who's looking out for ::him::?

Every young black man is not a threat.

Although by the rule of Law I think Zimmerman is not guilty. I do know that a young man died needlessly. GZ had no reason other than bravado than to initiate the contact which led to the ultimate conclusion.

I see no reason to directly conftron TM unless he was in the process of committing a crime. As said, the rule of Law makes GZ not guilty. But I'm sure it will weigh on his soul throughout the years. All he needed to do was wait for the police.

I dont think there's been any yet, right? Not according to CNN anyway.

Cybertron - you know someone else said the same thing to me, that he DIDNT follow. I read the transcript once or twice, but it was CNN's version. Like I said above, I don't know what to believe, really. I think both sides were at fault to a degree. The whole thing bums me out. Even if Trayvon was guilty of assault and Zimmerman really did feel threatened and worried for his life, and was justified in using deadly force (which I believe is a decent possibility), I just wish people would keep in mind that there are plenty of black teenagers walking around in hoodies who ARENT a threat to anyone. Even if Zimmerman was in the right, imagine you're a 17 year old black kid wearing a hoodie, walking back to your parents home at dusk. You're a walking target. People look at you and think: danger. Which means YOU'RE in danger, all the time, just for being who you are.

Anyway, I'm tired of talking about this case, it bums me out
    Yah, it's a tragedy for sure and I'm tired too.

I'm not saying GZ didn't follow TM at all, just saying that when he was told "OK, we don't need you to do that." IMO he stopped and went back to his truck and waited to meet with police who were being dispatched.

I think the whole "black kids are scared to go out now" is BS.

This wasn't about profiling a black kid in a hoody, it was about profiling a suspicious person, walking in the rain looking at houses in a neighborhood which had some previous break-ins.

If the shoe fits.

Didn't really follow the case, seemed like a lot of hearsay when it started getting news coverage, guess it stayed that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I'm just glad it's over,,

so they can get on with the rioting & looting & burning
    Yeah because that is what "those" people do. Ignorant statement.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisinCain View Post
    Yeah because that is what "those" people do. Ignorant statement.

you came after me this time.

was that really necessary ? I thought we agreed to leave each other alone.

it was just sarcasm .

everyone else seems to have gotten it.

and YES ! it seems after every major sports win or controversial court case verdict "Those people" seem to do stupid s h i t !

LOL white black yellow brown,THEY all do it !

now.once again,please leave me alone.
    do you need that explained too ?
    Last edited by Dan; 07-14-13 at 10:50 PM.

At least GZ can get his ass handed to him in civil court - Wrongful Death and all. Sue him for all he's worth!

Quote Originally Posted by RaisinCain View Post
    Yeah because that is what "those" people do. make Ignorant statements.
    "If I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon"

Lots of bigotry in this thread for sure.

Then again I'm not surprised.
    The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, and prejudices to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own for the children and the children yet unborn and the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Whole case driven by the media, GZ was't even arrested right away, that fact alone shows the police initially thought it was righteous.
    Only after Jackson and Sharpton followers started chanting that the DA had to go and make a big media joke out of it. I was surprised that the "racism" picked up so much momentum in this case, I saw GZ's picture from the get go..he's...uhm...."not white". All those riots where the TM fans are chanting "cracka" at GM...yet he's mixed hispanic....his mom was from Peru. He labeled himself as a Mexican. Typically Hispanics and Blacks share the receiving end of "profiling".

Evidence that the liberal media ran with this one and turned it into a race thing..they labeled him "white".
    Why? Because "Mexican man kills black man" does not sell newspapers.
    Yet "White man kills black man" will sell newspapers.

To further fan the flames...they "clean up" TM in how they portrayed him. Showed innocent school pics from his youth. Hiding the facts that he had a long and growing rap sheet..and never showing the "thug pics" of him that you can find on the internet now.

GZ didn't use his head either....he was in over his head, trying to act a bit tough, some kid put a whoopin' on him and handed him his ass...so instead of taking his licks, he pulled his gun and opened up this whole situation. He apparently had a bit of "wanna-be-cop" mentality. Florida has the "Stand your ground" law which allows lethal force when confronted with a threat, even if you can retreat. I am a huge supported of the "Castle Doctrine"...but I will say that the Stand your Ground law can create some gray areas such as this. However, I feel GZ was justified in this....and what happened, combined with Florida laws....he was legally righteous.

TMs thug attitude only worked against him. Any neighborhood watch people have the right to check and monitor any activity in their neighborhood. If I came home late one night and was in the streets of my neighborhood or out in my driveway doing <something>...and a neighborhood watch started checkin on me or even came up to me and asked who I was or what I was doing, I wouldn't go pound the daylights out of him. I would state who I am, point to where I live...and thank them for checking up on things. TM could have said he was staying with his father who lived in that gated community.(he normally doesn't live there..he normally lived with his mother...but that week he apparently was staying with this father after being suspended from school again for a week).

So all of that stuff....I don't know how it could have some out any different..unless it was shown that GZ faked the injuries and bashed his head against a concrete wall multiple times in some way to "fake" the attack on him. TM was probably doing nothing wrong that night, he was confronted by neighborhood watch (remember..he didn't live there....so most people did not know him)...but he reacted in the wrong way, instead of doing something smart like explaining that he was staying with his father...he puffed up his chest and took his street thug attitude towards the person questioning him.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!