Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Zimmerman acquited

Quote Originally Posted by 9mmprincess View Post
    It bugs me that Zimmerman had a domestic violence arrest. I don't care if his wife had one too - that makes it ok?

Where are you getting your info from?

He was never arrested for domestic violence.

He was arrested and charged for "“resisting officer with violence" and "battery of law enforcement officer" both were later reduced to “resisting officer without violence”and later waived when he entered an alcohol education program.

His ex-fiancée alleged domestic violence but so did George against her, they both got restraining orders granted........

Hope this helps.

wow, look at this racist police officer............

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news...rg_suspen.html

see what i did there, wink wink

It bugs me that some people act like because Martin had been in trouble before, he deserved to be shot and killed. If that's the case, then so do I. Kids can't sag their pants and make stupid mistakes anymore now? That's a capital crime? Smoke a little weed, wear baggy clothes, steal something once - and you deserve to be killed?

/

i don't know of anyone who thinks that, but the jury thought he deserved to get shot because he was beating the hell out of GZ

i agree with them, it doesn't matter to me what race either party was.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    i don't know of anyone who thinks that, but the jury thought he deserved to get shot because he was beating the hell out of GZ

i agree with them, it doesn't matter to me what race either party was.

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    True...and fair enough statement. Many of us went down the wrong paths in our misguided youth. Some of us got lucky and nothing terribly bad happened to us...we wisened up, and are here now living to tell (or type) about it.

I don't know your age, I can guess you're younger than me...but back in my youth...we got into "fights" all the time. Boys getting into fights was common...happened frequently, even in school. Often just broken up by the teaches and life went on. A bloody nose, a cut lip, a bruise/rash on the cheek. Sometimes a little worse. But it was good healthy guy fights, the "winner" knew when to stop.

These days...from what I've seen in the past 10 years, and from what I've heard others say....kids don't know how to socialize anymore. They're socially challenged, and one (of the many) bad results of that is what you see in fights. They don't know when to stop! It's like all of a sudden one of them releases all of this penned up anger and they flip out and pummel the loser into some puddle of goop! A knife or a gun will come out and get used. You just didn't see this stuff in the 60's 'n 70's 'n 80's.

An interesting story from 2009 is recirculating the social media...certainly due to this Zimmerman/Martin trial. The 2009 story is the case on Roderick Scott and Christopher Cervini.
    I don't recall such intense media coverage, nor riots...back in 09 from that case.
    I'm 41 I still feel 25 most days, though.

I agree with what you said about things having changed, and kids not knowing how to socialize, and kids having a temper and just snapping... I don't know why it's like that, but I definitely see it. Back in the day, even the guys I hung out with, when they got in fights it was all fists. Not even a pocketknife or anything. Now kids are quick to pull out guns :/
    There is security in fearlessness.

/
    for some reason I thought you were younger than 41.
    Last edited by Dan; 07-26-13 at 11:26 AM.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England

I agree with what you said about things having changed, and kids not knowing how to socialize, and kids having a temper and just snapping... I don't know why it's like that, but I definitely see it. Back in the day, even the guys I hung out with, when they got in fights it was all fists. Not even a pocketknife or anything. Now kids are quick to pull out guns :/
    Yeah I had the impression you were younger also.....thought I recalled some picture where I envisioned you as around late 20's or around 30 or so.

Anyways...yeah, I dunno why kids lost their social ability. This subject could turn into a long, but interesting, thread. I can start guessing...I think it started when game consoles and computers started becoming prevalent. Kids no longer went outside, they didn't play with each other anymore. From school, they went home...ran to their rooms, and hid behind their keyboards....removing their school personality clothing and putting on their perceived "internet" personality. Internet personalities tend to be inflated. And I think they have to now try to portray themselves as their internet personality when out in the real world.

Combine the above, with the fact that kids aren't disciplined anymore in school. They no longer learn to respect adults, and no longer learn to respect rules.

There's something about "entitlement" that has grown also, no more learning to work towards something, no more "earning" something by paying your dues, they think they just have the right to have or do something.

I dunno, lot of things have changed. Lost my train of thought in the last 3 lines...work related, gotta run.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Blog Entries
    Yeah I had the impression you were younger also.....thought I recalled some picture where I envisioned you as around late 20's or around 30 or so.

Anyways...yeah, I dunno why kids lost their social ability. This subject could turn into a long, but interesting, thread. I can start guessing...I think it started when game consoles and computers started becoming prevalent. Kids no longer went outside, they didn't play with each other anymore. From school, they went home...ran to their rooms, and hid behind their keyboards....removing their school personality clothing and putting on their perceived "internet" personality. Internet personalities tend to be inflated. And I think they have to now try to portray themselves as their internet personality when out in the real world.

Combine the above, with the fact that kids aren't disciplined anymore in school. They no longer learn to respect adults, and no longer learn to respect rules.

There's something about "entitlement" that has grown also, no more learning to work towards something, no more "earning" something by paying your dues, they think they just have the right to have or do something.

I dunno, lot of things have changed. Lost my train of thought in the last 3 lines...work related, gotta run.
    An excellent topic for us oldsters. I do sincerely see the generational difference as being more substantial than the past. In suburbia, parents have been spooked out if permitting their children to play in the neighborhood. Compounded with ubiquitous game systems, cell phone social lives and the internet in general, it is no wonder that children and adolescents have become stunted. No patience what so ever.

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    An excellent topic for us oldsters. I do sincerely see the generational difference as being more substantial than the past. In suburbia, parents have been spooked out if permitting their children to play in the neighborhood. Compounded with ubiquitous game systems, cell phone social lives and the internet in general, it is no wonder that children and adolescents have become stunted. No patience what so ever.
    The problem is that being a male doesn't make you a man. Society has let the definition of manhood degrade. We raise kids and don't teach them to be responsible for their actions and defend them when those actions result in something bad. All that teaches kids that their will always be an excuse for what they did. Parents are a huge problem. How does a black kid grow up and see life as it should be when he's taught as a child that the white man has put him down? I know you'll argue that's not always the case and that's true. But, like all things that kids grow up with, kids tend to have their lives defined by the morals and ideals of the parents.

Until the black community accepts the fact that they, as a society are moving in the wrong direction, more Trayvon incidents will occur.

It only takes one generation to make huge changes in society. Unfortunately, the newest generations are disfunctional and lacking any moral compass.
    Nutty like squirrel terds!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cybotron r_9 View Post
    Where are you getting your info from?

He was never arrested for domestic violence.

He was arrested and charged for "“resisting officer with violence" and "battery of law enforcement officer" both were later reduced to “resisting officer without violence”and later waived when he entered an alcohol education program.

His ex-fiancée alleged domestic violence but so did George against her, they both got restraining orders granted........

Hope this helps.
    Thanks for updating my info in such a polite and helpful way

I take care of myself I could tell ppl I was 32 if I wanted and be believed, but I don't. There's nothing wrong with being 41. I sure as heck don't feel it, in any way And I don't edit the way I talk or live according to my age - what I mean is I don't think "well I want to say that" or "I want to do that, but I'm 41, so..."

I think that's a terribly misguided way to go through life. Maturity isn't whether you do or don't wear a lip ring or talk with street slang. Maturity is how you treat others and whether or not you contribute to society or make it worse. We only get one life - if I want to rock a lip ring at 41, I damn well will /tangent

I take care of myself I could tell ppl I was 32 if I wanted and be believed, but I don't. There's nothing wrong with being 41. I sure as heck don't feel it, in any way And I don't edit the way I talk or live according to my age - what I mean is I don't think "well I want to say that" or "I want to do that, but I'm 41, so..."

I think that's a terribly misguided way to go through life. Maturity isn't whether you do or don't wear a lip ring or talk with street slang. Maturity is how you treat others and whether or not you contribute to society or make it worse. We only get one life - if I want to rock a lip ring at 41, I damn well will /tangent

I'm 53 and STILL getting tattoos constantly ! so "rockin" is cool !!
    and
    well,we're gonna have to see an up to date pic !
    Last edited by Dan; 07-27-13 at 05:14 PM.

wow ! thanks,

dam ! you're a knockout !

Thanks <3

41? No way. I put you at 30 or so.

Dan you can't be older than me. It's not acceptable. I'm older then dirt.
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

Quote Originally Posted by blebs View Post
    41? No way. I put you at 30 or so.
    Thank you <3 SUNSCREEN! A lot of it (not just a dab) every day, rain or shine no matter what, since I was 14 years old. The sun ages you more than anything else (except maybe smoking or really hard living). Everyone should wear the highest SPF they can find, that includes guys.

Thank you <3 SUNSCREEN! A lot of it (not just a dab) every day, rain or shine no matter what, since I was 14 years old. The sun ages you more than anything else (except maybe smoking or really hard living). Everyone should wear the highest SPF they can find, that includes guys.
    I do everyday,I started doing it because of my tattoos,but I know it's just better for me since I am out in the sun a lot,and since my wife got skin cancer,it's really an eye opener for sure.
    here is my arsenal

since I go to the islands so often & get ink over there,no artist will tattoo sunburned skin,I really slather it on over there & always get work done the last day I'm there.
    BTW this has been a good thread hijack,it has trended to a much more friendly thread

I am conflicted like a lot of folks, But as a mom, what my heart says he is guilty. Just as that first female juror who came out, in her heart Zimmerman is guilty. I pray Travon and our final Judge are waiting for George Zimmerman when it is time for him to pass into the other side.

So.... why are you still slumming with the likes of us? LoL