Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Zimmerman acquited

How the hell did we get so screwed up? Is it hate, arrogance, societal evolution or bad luck. Right wing media is on the defense, liberal media is on the offense & both sides seem to rush in for the buck. Both sides make me sick. Audio tampering by a major broadcaster was an example of how screwed up the media is and our own president opened his pie hole when he should have been a great mediator. Yeah, right now we suck.
    USMC RETIRED

Steve

Tacoma Guitar Forum

Just thought someone might want to know the names of the children that were murdered in Chicago while the media agenda was being propagated.

Four Children Gunned Down in Chicago During Zimmerman Trial.
    five-year-old Sterling Sims
    16-year-old Antonio Fenner
    14-year-old Damani Henard
    15-year-old Ed Cooper
    Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
    I often wonder if the voices in my head ever get frustrated because I'm just too damn lazy to climb that clock tower.
    Click image to enlarge
    click image to view full version

What if GZ had been a paid security guard or off duty policeman supplementing his income and not just a volunteer watchmen? Would that have made any difference? By the evidence presented by the prosecution, no.

We had a police officer here that did pretty much the same thing that GZ did. Things went horribly wrong with that also. The difference was, the cop was getting his ass kicked and used as a street mop until an ex marine came to the cops rescue and tackled the suspect and kept him pinned to the ground until other officers arrived on the scene. Tim, the police officer said, "All that was going through my head was, I'm going to have to shoot this guy." Tim never got a chance to draw his weapon. This guy had skull pounded him so badly that he nearly passed out. If not for the ex marine stepping in, Tim would have been killed.

http://www.cantonrep.com/news/x53673...-civilian-hero

What I don't like about this whole thing is Eric Holder attempting to find any means possible to file a civil suit by asking for the publics suggestions. That is lynch mob, Chicago mafia style rule. The FBI's investigation turned up nothing on this case being, in any way, racially motivated. Then we have TM's mom attempting to make money out of this, then throw in the usual race baiting crowd, including Obama, who should have kept his mouth shut, and you can see what this is really about. Now they're attacking Florida's Stand Your Ground law. I have 2 questions for Eric Holder and company:

1. Zimmerman was on neighborhood watch because there'd been a rash of break-in at that housing development. So, how many break-ins were reported after the Zimmerman-Martin confrontation?

2. Our attorney general is protected by an armed security team. Should an attacker come toward the attorney general, should his security team shout, "Come on, Eric, let's run for it!" -- or does he want them to stand their ground and shoot?
    Last edited by blebs; 07-19-13 at 08:39 AM.
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

Quote Originally Posted by blebs View Post

2. Our attorney general is protected by an armed security team. Should an attacker come toward the attorney general, should his security team shout, "Come on, Eric, let's run for it!" -- or does he want them to stand their ground and shoot?
    Heh. I wish someone would ask him that in a press conference.
    There is security in fearlessness.

Knock knock....

Who's there?
    Not trayvon.
    Nutty like squirrel terds!!!

Trayvon Martin Jury

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by SlyOneDoofy View Post
    Knock knock....

Who's there?
    Not trayvon.
    ooh.. macho posturing on the internerd!

Blog Entries
    Clearly, initial reports were tilted to make GZ to appear as a racist. Editing the 911 and mischaracterizing what he was told by the dispatcher has been crucial in in bending public sentiment. ABC adjusting photos to create the image of an uninjured Zimmerman was libelous as well. This particular incident has been marred by interests seeking to ride their agendas into the spotlight. It is not apparent that GZ was a racist. It was self defense, not stand your ground. This is not Emmit Till or Amadou Diallou...

It is profoundly sad that Mr. Martin had his life cut short, as it is the slew of other teens who have met their violent ends in a less than newsworthy fashion.

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

It bugs me that some people think that just because Zimmerman had a gun, the shooting must have been justified.

It bugs me that some people think that just because Martin was black, he must have been an innocent victim of racism.

It bugs me that some people act like because Martin had been in trouble before, he deserved to be shot and killed. If that's the case, then so do I. Kids can't sag their pants and make stupid mistakes anymore now? That's a capital crime? Smoke a little weed, wear baggy clothes, steal something once - and you deserve to be killed?

It bugs me that they called Zimmerman a "white hispanic". That's not even a THING.

It bugs me that the news distorted the 911 call.

It bugs me that Zimmerman had a domestic violence arrest. I don't care if his wife had one too - that makes it ok?

I don't think there are any totally innocent parties here, but as Americans we seem to require a hero and a villain to make sense of a story :/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 9mmprincess View Post
    It bugs me that some people act like because Martin had been in trouble before, he deserved to be shot and killed. If that's the case, then so do I. Kids can't sag their pants and make stupid mistakes anymore now? That's a capital crime? Smoke a little weed, wear baggy clothes, steal something once - and you deserve to be killed?

It bugs me that Zimmerman had a domestic violence arrest. I don't care if his wife had one too - that makes it ok?
    Either both of their backgrounds count or none of them do.
    I had my entire tape collection from college stolen from my car. Roughly 300 irreplaceable 90 minute tapes... I would have rather had my ass kicked.

But you are correct, he did not need to die.

I don't think there are any totally innocent parties here, but as Americans we seem to require a hero and a villain to make sense of a story :/
    again, I agree.

Hell_Yes

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Either both of their backgrounds count or none of them do.
    This is true. But would you rather be friends with someone who smoked some weed and stole a necklace, or someone who hit his wife?

I had my entire tape collection from college stolen from my car. Roughly 300 irreplaceable 90 minute tapes... I would have rather had my ass kicked.
    I would've been heartbroken :/ Had my system stolen out of my car a few years back, a system I worked hard and saved money to get - came out and my trunk was open and it was gone. I hate thieves. Still, had I confronted the thief, I wouldn't have shot him. Might've fantasized about it, but I wouldn't have done it.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    This is true. But would you rather be friends with someone who smoked some weed and stole a necklace, or someone who hit his wife?
    I would take the person that puffed some herb and only had petty theft under his belt. However, TM was not just that. It was not admitted in court, because it could not be 100% proven that he was the one that typed the texts on his own phone, but did you read up the articles on what sort of text history were on TMs phone? Texting other "gang guys" that were teaching him how to street fight and hurt someone bad. And texting about getting guns. He was embracing a violent life. This life style doesn't care what color you are, it's a bad life style that kids of any color skin are embracing.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    I would take the person that puffed some herb and only had petty theft under his belt. However, TM was not just that. It was not admitted in court, because it could not be 100% proven that he was the one that typed the texts on his own phone, but did you read up the articles on what sort of text history were on TMs phone? Texting other "gang guys" that were teaching him how to street fight and hurt someone bad. And texting about getting guns. He was embracing a violent life. This life style doesn't care what color you are, it's a bad life style that kids of any color skin are embracing.
    There was a time when I was young and stupid and hung around a rough crowd and got in fights (with other girls) for fun. We didn't text back then but if we did, I shudder to think what mine (and my friends) would've looked like. Eventually I changed, and I like to think I'm a productive member of society now, but it didn't happen overnight. It's the thinking that as soon as a kid starts to fall in with a bad crowd, or idolize a bad crowd, that his life is worthless, that makes it so hard to save kids from a life on the streets.

I mean I get what you're saying - he was already falling in with the wrong crowd, he was already getting violent and heading down a bad path. But there's nothing to say that's the path he would've taken. Maybe he would've messed with it for a few months, realized it's ****ing stupid, and straightened up and eventually went to college and become a doctor. We'll never know now, though.

case in point:

http://www.unheardvoicesmag.com/2013...s-perspective/

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    There was a time when I was young and stupid and hung around a rough crowd and got in fights
    ... But there's nothing to say that's the path he would've taken. Maybe he would've messed with it for a few months, realized it's ****ing stupid, and straightened up and eventually went to college and become a doctor. We'll never know now, though.
    http://www.unheardvoicesmag.com/2013...s-perspective/
    True...and fair enough statement. Many of us went down the wrong paths in our misguided youth. Some of us got lucky and nothing terribly bad happened to us...we wisened up, and are here now living to tell (or type) about it.

I don't know your age, I can guess you're younger than me...but back in my youth...we got into "fights" all the time. Boys getting into fights was common...happened frequently, even in school. Often just broken up by the teaches and life went on. A bloody nose, a cut lip, a bruise/rash on the cheek. Sometimes a little worse. But it was good healthy guy fights, the "winner" knew when to stop.

These days...from what I've seen in the past 10 years, and from what I've heard others say....kids don't know how to socialize anymore. They're socially challenged, and one (of the many) bad results of that is what you see in fights. They don't know when to stop! It's like all of a sudden one of them releases all of this penned up anger and they flip out and pummel the loser into some puddle of goop! A knife or a gun will come out and get used. You just didn't see this stuff in the 60's 'n 70's 'n 80's.

An interesting story from 2009 is recirculating the social media...certainly due to this Zimmerman/Martin trial. The 2009 story is the case on Roderick Scott and Christopher Cervini.
    I don't recall such intense media coverage, nor riots...back in 09 from that case.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Blog Entries
    I have a personal contempt for any man who would beat his wife. That said, what if the jewelry was a valued treasured keepsake, and the domestic dispute only involved incidental or a single contact? I should research it, out of curiosity. The weed is a non-issue, though his abuse of dextromethorphan (Lean) which was significant in causing some liver and brain damage (as per autopsy report) should be considered. Still, it is subjective and not proper reasoning.

I would've been heartbroken :/ Had my system stolen out of my car a few years back, a system I worked hard and saved money to get - came out and my trunk was open and it was gone. I hate thieves. Still, had I confronted the thief, I wouldn't have shot him. Might've fantasized about it, but I wouldn't have done it.
    I do feel your pain. There is a visceral difference between a casual item being swiped vs. a hard earned, carefully constructed or collected object(s).

You would not have shot him for his theft, however what if he ambushed you and was beating you about the head. At that point he could a thief or the prince of England.

Hell_Yes

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Clearly, initial reports were tilted to make GZ to appear as a racist. Editing the 911 and mischaracterizing what he was told by the dispatcher has been crucial in in bending public sentiment. ABC adjusting photos to create the image of an uninjured Zimmerman was libelous as well. This particular incident has been marred by interests seeking to ride their agendas into the spotlight. It is not apparent that GZ was a racist. It was self defense, not stand your ground. This is not Emmit Till or Amadou Diallou...

It is profoundly sad that Mr. Martin had his life cut short, as it is the slew of other teens who have met their violent ends in a less than newsworthy fashion.

It bugs me that they called Zimmerman a "white hispanic". That's not even a THING.
    According to the 2010 census it is a Thing.

If I understand it correctly Hispanic is the Ethnicity and White being race.

http://www.census.gov/prod/cen2010/b...c2010br-02.pdf

The Hispanic population predominantly identified as either White or Some Other Race.

People of Hispanic origin may be any race. For the 2010 Census, a new instruction was added immediately preceding the questions
    on Hispanic origin and race, which was not used in Census 2000.

The instruction stated that “For this census, Hispanic origins are not races” because in the federal statistical system, Hispanic origin is
    considered to be a separate concept from race.

However, this did not preclude individuals from selfidentifying their race as “Latino,” “Mexican,” “Puerto Rican,”
    “Salvadoran,” or other national origins or ethnicities; in fact, many did so. If the response provided to the race question could not be
    classified in one or more of the five OMB race groups, it was generally classified in the category Some Other Race.

Therefore, responses to the question on race that reflect a Hispanic origin were classified in the Some Other Race category.