Thread: Youíll be surprised by this news, I guarantee it: Menís Wearhouse fires founder!

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England

Youíll be surprised by this news, I guarantee it: Menís Wearhouse fires founder!

"Youíll be surprised by this news, I guarantee it: Menís Wearhouse (MW) has fired founder and chairman George Zimmer"

Wow! The guys had one of the coolest voices in the world, and who doesn't know that phrase?
    http://www.businessweek.com/articles...-george-zimmer
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

I haven't really followed the company but that was the BIG new on the Street yesterday. No reason given (so far). It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

That's unfortunate. I actually like shopping there, for the most part, and his vision drove a good mid-level clothing company.

Personally, this makes me sad. In some ways he was a frickin' level headed and rational dude.

I remember reading a Reddit thread a bit back about him that made me want to send him a personal letter saying how awesome he was in that context..... as a recovering alcoholic, he would rather judge a person's character than rely on the flawed US justice system to make that judgement

Haven't checked thread since, so forgive the normal Reddit useless banter derailing the point.
    "Today is a black day in the history of mankind."

- Leo Szilard

I thought him and his commercials were freakin' annoying !