Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Normal Life

Normal Life

n/m
    Last edited by 9mmprincess; 06-14-13 at 03:40 AM.
    There is security in fearlessness.

k

Quote Originally Posted by 9mmprincess View Post
    n/m
    hi 9mmprincess,it's nice to see you here,speakup !~ what's going on with you ? all good I hope

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    hi 9mmprincess,it's nice to see you here,speakup !~ what's going on with you ? all good I hope
    Hi Dan Actually since I posted that, things are looking up I was complaining about the boringness (yes that's a word) of normal life, and how I don't understand how people get up and go to work and come home and watch American Idol and have 15 minutes of missionary sex and go to bed, and that's their life and they're CONTENT. I would die of boredom, and sometimes I feel like I am. But I've taken some steps to get what I want in my life INTO my life, and it was actually easier than I thought. So I'm feeling better.

Am I the only person who feels like this though? I feel like I should be ready to settle down. I'm not - in my head I feel the same as I did at 23, maybe just a little wiser. I've never felt I fit in with normal society. For a long time I tried to make myself fit, but no more. Life's too short (as recent unfortunate events have shown me) to waste your life being unhappy to please other people.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    You a Gemini?
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    You a Gemini?
    No. Capricorn actually, but i don't believe in that.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    No. Capricorn actually, but i don't believe in that.
    I didn't either..until I met my current wife. She fits the description you have. I'm more the routine guy, but I love my wife for keeping me trying and seeing and experiencing new things. I used to be all over the place when I was younger, never wanting the routine, but settled into routine in my middle age years. Since I've been with my current wife...in the past 8 years, I think I've seen more and done more and lived more than I have in my prior 40 years.

Life is too short to sit back and watch it go by from the cheap seats. She keeps me from settling into a routine.....same TV shows each night, and a minute 'n a half of missionary!
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Hi Dan Actually since I posted that, things are looking up I was complaining about the boringness (yes that's a word) of normal life, and how I don't understand how people get up and go to work and come home and watch American Idol and have 15 minutes of missionary sex and go to bed, and that's their life and they're CONTENT. I would die of boredom, and sometimes I feel like I am. But I've taken some steps to get what I want in my life INTO my life, and it was actually easier than I thought. So I'm feeling better.

Am I the only person who feels like this though? I feel like I should be ready to settle down. I'm not - in my head I feel the same as I did at 23, maybe just a little wiser. I've never felt I fit in with normal society. For a long time I tried to make myself fit, but no more. Life's too short (as recent unfortunate events have shown me) to waste your life being unhappy to please other people.
    have seen this movie ? if not,it's a real good one.worth a rental IMO
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119822/

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    Since I've been with my current wife...in the past 8 years, I think I've seen more and done more and lived more than I have in my prior 40 years.

D
    That's awesome having the right partner can help a lot i think. Youre never too old to try new things & go after what you want.

Dan-i love that movie, but its been ages since i saw it-i should rewatch.

I've just had some things happen recently that are making me reevaluate my life. Life is short & you can be gone any second. It's important not to waste it, not even a day. & who cares if most people dont understand the things that make you happy-I'm finding that if you just look, you'll find some people who get you

That's awesome having the right partner can help a lot i think. Youre never too old to try new things & go after what you want.

I've just had some things happen recently that are making me reevaluate my life. Life is short & you can be gone any second. It's important not to waste it, not even a day. & who cares if most people dont understand the things that make you happy-I'm finding that if you just look, you'll find some people who get you
    I agree 100% with all that ,
    and I gotta say it again,it's really nice to see you here again,I hope you stop by more often !

and are you still shooting with your Canon rig ?
    Last edited by Dan; 06-17-13 at 06:42 PM.

I actually just took my Canon out the other day - I felt so guilty, there was dust all over it I'm getting back into it though, I miss it. They sent me a brochure the other day showing the SL-1, have you seen it? So freaking cool... I want one, easier to carry around. I also want to upgrade though, I don't know to which model. Going to Reno in a month or two, if I win some money I might get a new one

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    have seen this movie ? if not,it's a real good one.worth a rental IMO
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119822/
    i just watched that movie again the other day, must have seen it 4 times by now LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    i just watched that movie again the other day, must have seen it 4 times by now LOL
    one of my favorite movies too !

I actually just took my Canon out the other day - I felt so guilty, there was dust all over it I'm getting back into it though, I miss it. They sent me a brochure the other day showing the SL-1, have you seen it? So freaking cool... I want one, easier to carry around. I also want to upgrade though, I don't know to which model. Going to Reno in a month or two, if I win some money I might get a new one

we have plans for my bday this year to go to your area ,lunch here > http://www.hrdcoffeeshop.com/ and then this http://www.bayareatattooconvention.com/ it would be great to meet up !?!?!!???

and have 15 minutes of missionary sex
    15 minutes!!!! Daymn! Is the guy an Olympic athlete?!!!!!!!11111111111 He is setting the mark awful high for us selfish guys!

People tend to take care of the things that are important to them and make excuses for the things that are not. The meaning of life seems to have evolved. Have fun, have no regrets, go do the things that you want while you can as we never know when life can/will throw a curve...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    15 minutes!!!! Daymn! Is the guy an Olympic athlete?!!!!!!!11111111111 He is setting the mark awful high for us selfish guys!
    They say men are like stains, the older they get, the harder they are to get off.

While there is comfort in routine, it can be a living Hell of ennui. As good as any person can be, they become lost in the background noise if they become "uninteresting". They become an appliance, a dehumanized machine that serves a purpose, taken for granted.

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    As good as any person can be, they become lost in the background noise if they become "uninteresting". They become an appliance, a dehumanized machine that serves a purpose, taken for granted.
    so ****ing true. And I don't want that. what's the point then? So many people seem to just live to pay the mortgage and wear the right suit (or carry the right purse) and look perfect in other peoples eyes... to the point where they lose themselves. Everything they want to do, they deny themselves. "oh I'd like a tattoo - but I'm too old for that". "I'd like to go skydiving" - but it's too risky now." "I'd like to take some time off and go do xyz, but that important client is coming next week". Again - at that point - what exactly are you LIVING for?

Dan - if I can, that'd be really cool Just checked and it's in late October - might definitely be doable

Hi Mer Nice to see you.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
    I often wonder if the voices in my head ever get frustrated because I'm just too damn lazy to climb that clock tower.
    Click image to enlarge
    click image to view full version

Hi Bastid