Thread: Monday breakfast/dinner

Monday breakfast/dinner

Oh Yeah

Salad (from the garden: radicchio, endive, butter-leaf, oil and vinegar and black pepper)

Oysters, shucked, marinated in beer w/ wasabi powder, red pepper flakes, and a bit of dry rub.
    Sauteed in olive oil w/ minced garlic and more wasabi powder.

Lasagna
    (no boil w/swiss chard, onion, garlic, zucchini, sweet baby bell peppers)

Loaf of bread, split and topped w/ pepper, parsley, and red pepper, fresh basil, and swiss cheese.

On the side: baby curly red russian kale w/ yellow, red, and white swiss chard, collard greens (garden), mushrooms, and baby bells w/ onion and garlic.

Sauteed the onion, garlic, and chopped stems and sliced sweet peppers, added the greens and stirred the whole mess down.

Blog Entries
    Hi Humboldt

Sounds good & should pretty much cover supper as well.

---

Larry

Hey Minir,
    Hope you're well.

I should be set for a while, lot of left-overs.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Humboldt View Post
    Hey Minir,
    Hope you're well.

I should be set for a while, lot of left-overs.
    ---

You should know by now to never ask an old person how they are feeling Humboldt

My Ma was pretty sick for awhile suffering from heart arrhythmia, but is doing much better now thankfully. I was running back and forth to her house for a bit and also spent a month or more living with her to help her get going again and between the running, lack of sleep, worry and change in diet i somehow managed to pack on 40 lbs which went unnoticed by me till allergy season hit and breathing became and issue with me.

I climbed on the scales and was shocked to see i was now 240-lbs up from my norm of 220 or so. Major bummer as i npw have to lose that and get back to where i am much more comfortable. Never really suffered from allergies but the past few years it seems more and more people here are beginning to to feel the effects of it. My 1 son, mother, sister are all complaining about it this year and my pharmacist says she has never had so many people complaining as she has this year.

We had an early onslaught of hot weather which moved things up and has caused a lot of folks discomfort. Always something. This getting old can suck at times.

Hope your doing well my friend? Whilst you have a great appetite i have to scale back on my intake fro a couple of months it seems.

Take care & keep Smilin

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by minir View Post
    ---

You should know by now to never ask an old person how they are feeling Humboldt

My Ma was pretty sick for awhile suffering from heart arrhythmia, but is doing much better now thankfully. I was running back and forth to her house for a bit and also spent a month or more living with her to help her get going again and between the running, lack of sleep, worry and change in diet i somehow managed to pack on 40 lbs which went unnoticed by me till allergy season hit and breathing became and issue with me.

I climbed on the scales and was shocked to see i was now 240-lbs up from my norm of 220 or so. Major bummer as i npw have to lose that and get back to where i am much more comfortable. Never really suffered from allergies but the past few years it seems more and more people here are beginning to to feel the effects of it. My 1 son, mother, sister are all complaining about it this year and my pharmacist says she has never had so many people complaining as she has this year.

We had an early onslaught of hot weather which moved things up and has caused a lot of folks discomfort. Always something. This getting old can suck at times.

Hope your doing well my friend? Whilst you have a great appetite i have to scale back on my intake fro a couple of months it seems.

Take care & keep Smilin

Larry
    Glad to hear you're doing ok, and it's great your mother is feeling better (lost mine about 10 months ago). I'm sure she appreciates your help and the time you spend with her.
    Check your diet and see what you can do to help trim a few pounds. You don't have to be hitting the gym to get a work out, do you walk or spend time outside?

Hope the pounds melt back off

Allergies are not too bad yet this year, once the dry weather sets in the hay fever makes it feel like someone poured ground glass and sand into my eye sockets. Have had good luck w/ over the counter Zyrtec.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Humboldt View Post
    Glad to hear you're doing ok, and it's great your mother is feeling better (lost mine about 10 months ago). I'm sure she appreciates your help and the time you spend with her.
    Check your diet and see what you can do to help trim a few pounds. You don't have to be hitting the gym to get a work out, do you walk or spend time outside?

Hope the pounds melt back off

Allergies are not too bad yet this year, once the dry weather sets in the hay fever makes it feel like someone poured ground glass and sand into my eye sockets. Have had good luck w/ over the counter Zyrtec.
    ---

I was getting into bad habits with my Ma Humboldt. Ice cream poses a real threat to my waistline, so i have quit that, plus cutting back on sandwiches & paying attention to fruits etc along with portion sizes. I will get there over time.

Always easy to put on the weight but not so easy getting it off again. I just have to stay focussed.

Be well

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by minir View Post
    ---

I was getting into bad habits with my Ma Humboldt. Ice cream poses a real threat to my waistline, so i have quit that, plus cutting back on sandwiches & paying attention to fruits etc along with portion sizes. I will get there over time.

Always easy to put on the weight but not so easy getting it off again. I just have to stay focussed.

Be well

Larry
    Funny, I turn down ice cream daily. My co-worked buy it 3 quarts at a time, fight over it and split quarts of Haagen Dasz with a knife, but I have no interest. Probably about 2 years since I last ate ice cream.

Sandwiches are a definite weak spot Hogie roll with cheese and mustard, or veggie dog w/ cheese, or avocado.

I make breakfast for dinner sometimes,

something with eggs.

Where are the pics man?
    Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
    I often wonder if the voices in my head ever get frustrated because I'm just too damn lazy to climb that clock tower.
    Click image to enlarge
    click image to view full version

Quote Originally Posted by Bastid View Post
    Where are the pics man?
    Well, it looked like a lasagna

Next time there will be copious amounts of photos just for you.
    Not as many pictures now until I get a new card reader. I forget about the tablet sometimes.

Your awesome man!
    Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
    I often wonder if the voices in my head ever get frustrated because I'm just too damn lazy to climb that clock tower.
    Click image to enlarge
    click image to view full version