Thread: I never heard of this "Orianthi" female guitarist...

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England

I never heard of this "Orianthi" female guitarist...

stumbled across a youtube video of her with Carlos Santana...so had to find more of her on YouTube...wow, she can play! Seems to have roots in a SRV heavy blues style...but you can find videos of her shredding with Steve Vai (although I much prefer the heavy blues style).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcDl5iurD_c

Do a search for some of her stuff on youtube...Orianthi
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Good find! I've watched a few videos of her before. Simply amazing.

Orianthi is good. Makes you wonder if she's Jimmy Hendrix's adopted child. What can I say, big Nicole Richie fan. Orianthi is good. Gonna have to check out a couple of her vids. "shut up and kiss me"? and, "According to you"?, and, an Alice cooper cover? Google is awesome.

WOW! she is awesome...

I have always drooled over Santana's guitar most of my life but now im confused because hers is blue and I cant decide which i want more...
    Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
    I often wonder if the voices in my head ever get frustrated because I'm just too damn lazy to climb that clock tower.
    Click image to enlarge
    click image to view full version

I have been finding things to listen to but im not enjoying it... Im not a big country fan and it sounds like most of the stuff that has lyrics is really leaning that way.
    I would rather just listen to her just shred, no singing just straight up guitar talent flowing through my speakers and soul.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
    I often wonder if the voices in my head ever get frustrated because I'm just too damn lazy to climb that clock tower.
    Click image to enlarge

She is an incredible player. My problem is that nothing she does really seems to have a "hook". Personally I think that's why most people have not heard of her. Just not mainstream and musical. Technically she's awesome. I just don't find it very musical.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastid View Post
    I would rather just listen to her just shred, no singing just straight up guitar talent flowing through my speakers and soul.
    Here's a poor quality vid of a show she did with Steve Vai and Joe Satriani
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAB5fwQ66y8

Another of her shredding after some show she did...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLjl9U-B1R4

A poor quality vid of her solo during an Alice Cooper show...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKSgz8dhwF8

A pro video of a "question and answer" solo duel with Steve Vai...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7b-_YcACuQ

She's ain't just country...
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

I know, but i think that is what the music biz folk are trying to make her go because to be honest, SRV, Vai, Satriani, Santana all this is a dying market. She excels/totally owns this genre unfortunately, its not a money maker. You can tell it too... listen to some of the some of the song/vids on you tube... there is just nothing there, no passion, no stirring your soul. just cookie cutter countryish/pop stuff. Of course this is all just my humble opinion.
    Click image to enlarge

yeah the vai q & a was awesome and thats what im talking about there was passion, fun and just pure talent oozing all over the stage.
    Click image to enlarge