Thread: Networking Error - PLEASE HELP

sugar_rhea7

Angry Networking Error - PLEASE HELP

I'm trying to set up a simple peer to peer network, using Windows 98 2nd. ed. I put in two brand new NICs, bought a new hub and new cables. NICs say that they are configured correctly. I have all the settings correct. Netbui and Tcp/ip are all installed. When one computer tries to log on to my windows network, I can see it in network neighborhood just before I hit enter to sign on. After I sign on though, the computer disappears, and each can only see itself. Even when I could see the other computer, I could not share files. Both print and file sharing is enabled on both computers. I can't seem to find out what the problem is, please help.

Question

Did you actually right-click on your drives and share them? I've made that stupid mistake many times.

Justin

Make sure NetBIOS is enabled over TCP/IP in the TCP/IP properties. Also make sure all of your computers are in the same network.

J

Justin

Errr workgroup, not network.. duh

J

sugar_rhea7

Originally posted by Justin:
    Make sure NetBIOS is enabled over TCP/IP in the TCP/IP properties. Also make sure all of your computers are in the same network.

J
    I have enable Netbios over Tcp/IP and i have the workgroup as the same name

sugar_rhea7

Lightbulb

Originally posted by monty:
    Did you actually right-click on your drives and share them? I've made that stupid mistake many times.
    yes i am sharing all both hard drives in both computers.