Thread: Gym use

Gym use

Owner of my store went for a group package:
    $50 per month business account.

As a business client can use any of the 3 local gyms, and $200 initiation fee is waived.
    Join as an individual and pay the $200 plus can only use the gym you join with.

Of the 3, one is a couple miles south of me and one is right across the highway from where I work.

Would use this more for swimming than the weight rooms, used to swim 2 miles at a time and loved it.

Worried about paying the money and never using the access.

$50 per month per person?

Quote Originally Posted by morbidpete View Post
    $50 per month per person?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Humboldt View Post
    Yes
    That sounds steep. The thing about waiving the $200 is just BS to make you feel like you got something.

You hit the nail on the head about using it. If you're stuck in with a contract and not using it... that would suck.

Just send me $25 a month and I'll tell you how much better you look. Hell, I'll do it for a whole year!

Quote Originally Posted by Easto View Post
    That sounds steep. The thing about waiving the $200 is just BS to make you feel like you got something.

You hit the nail on the head about using it. If you're stuck in with a contract and not using it... that would suck.

Just send me $25 a month and I'll tell you how much better you look. Hell, I'll do it for a whole year!
    $50 per month is actually pretty cheap for around here...really cheap.
    Waiving the $200 initiation fee is a crock given how much they'll charge per month anyways, but to actually pay that by not going through the employee plan is an even bigger pile.

We're actually looking for another Gym membership for Mrs. Easto right now. It will probably be through the local 24hour near our house. Just a 1 club membership which fits us fine. The thing is, if we go to the club they want a signup fee and then $25 per month. We can go to Costco and buy a discount membership (same as if we walked into the place) for 2 years for $349. We're going the Costco route.

Thats crazy. I just threw away an ad for a year membership to a gym for $115.

SG Enthusiast
    Yes, $10 per month with no commitment fee for gyms around here, So yes u would be paying so much more.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    How is your discipline? I'm about to revisit mine....as I'm going to do a Tough Mudder event this coming summer.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 24giovanni View Post
    Yes, $10 per month with no commitment fee for gyms around here, So yes u would be paying so much more.
    If there was more competition around I'm sure the monthly would be lower, but there isn't.

Handful of other gyms that are about the same cost, without pools. If I'm going to join again, really want to be able to swim laps.

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    How is your discipline? I'm about to revisit mine....as I'm going to do a Tough Mudder event this coming summer.
    Discipline comes and goes. My last membership (same gym), I went at least 4 times per week for about 18 months. Then paid another 18 months without going once

Just had a co-worker complete a Tough Mudder a couple months ago. Her team came in second I think, after a Marine team.