Thread: Fringe and it's Finale - SPOILERS INSIDE

Fringe and it's Finale - SPOILERS INSIDE

At first I liked this show. I thought it was going to be a procedural type show with some multi-episode story arcs. Then the season one finale aired and I was blown away. Overall they could have done things better in various parts, but I enjoyed season 2, 3, and 4 a ton. Season 5 seemed sloppy and rushed, probably because it was rushed, but it was still decent.

The finale had a nice build up, I was enjoying it more than the rest of the season until the end. Resetting time shouldn't have brought Etta back to Peter and Olivia. Peter and Olivia should have never met. If the Observers would be erased from ever existing, then the original 12 would never have been alive to go back in time, and that means that September would never have distracted Walternate from seeing that his cure for Peter worked, and Walter wouldn't have crossed over to save him.

Peter and Olivia should have been carrying out the plan knowing that if they succeeded in protecting the human race, they would would be creating a time where they never met, fell in love, and had Etta. It feels like they threw it in that everything would be fine to have a happy and nice ending that didn't fit with the story. I think if they stayed true to their events the ending would have been more powerful.

I'm probably the only person left here that watches Fringe so i'll leave it at that.

Don't worry I just finished watching it too. If I remember correctly it was the observers that distracted him and caused Walter not to find the cure for his son in the first place so technically the timeline should be mostly the same.... Also fox network was trying to cancel the show back in season 4 so they where lucky to get a fifth season in. All in all I am happy with the series. I am glad fringe didn't drag on like X-files did back in the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilog B
    Loading the dishwasher at brembo's house means bringing the fiancee a sixpack home.

I got bored with it after Olivia became the lead and focused too much on characters and not Fringe events.
    "I was once banned from a bookstore for moving all the bibles to fiction"

Quote Originally Posted by nightowl View Post
    Don't worry I just finished watching it too. If I remember correctly it was the observers that distracted him and caused Walter not to find the cure for his son in the first place so technically the timeline should be mostly the same.... Also fox network was trying to cancel the show back in season 4 so they where lucky to get a fifth season in. All in all I am happy with the series. I am glad fringe didn't drag on like X-files did back in the day.
    Ya, Wlaternate missed the cure cause of the observer, so Walter had to travel to the other side and help Peter. If the Observers never existed Walternate would have found the cure and Peter would never have been moved to this side. EVen if Walternate was somehow distracted still, it was an Observer that saved Walter and Peter in the lake and that would not have happened as well.

The timeline would be very different.