Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eCigs

eCigs

I'm not a smoker, but the idea of trying out an eCig is kinda appealing with all the flavors that exist. Cherry crush, pina colada, mint chocolate chip, mountain dew, peppermint... its crazy!

They have 0 nicotine juice...
    Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
    I often wonder if the voices in my head ever get frustrated because I'm just too damn lazy to climb that clock tower.
    Click image to enlarge
    click image to view full version

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    I'm not a smoker, but the idea of trying out an eCig is kinda appealing with all the flavors that exist. Cherry crush, pina colada, mint chocolate chip, mountain dew, peppermint... its crazy!
    my sister in law uses those and loves em !

but be careful,it might make you a smoker ! LOL

fixed
    Last edited by Dan; 01-04-13 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    my sister in law uses those and loves em !

but be careful,it mike make you a smoker ! LOL
    Oh no! I'll have to stay away from all Mikes

Ya the 0 nicotien would be the way i'd go, its interesting seeing all the flavors available.

someof the flavors are really good... right now i have banana, watermelon, cottoncandy, red bull. Banana tastes like banana flavored laffy taffy, watermelon tastes just like jolly ranchers. red bull not so much but its tastes good. A friend of mine says he is using the 0 nic to help him curb cravings for food and candy while he is on his diet.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
    I often wonder if the voices in my head ever get frustrated because I'm just too damn lazy to climb that clock tower.
    Click image to enlarge

The Chair Man has them.

Quote Originally Posted by yardofstuf View Post
    oh no! I'll have to stay away from all mikes

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bastid View Post
    someof the flavors are really good... right now i have banana, watermelon, cottoncandy, red bull. Banana tastes like banana flavored laffy taffy, watermelon tastes just like jolly ranchers. red bull not so much but its tastes good. A friend of mine says he is using the 0 nic to help him curb cravings for food and candy while he is on his diet.
    That sounds like a really good idea actually.

Blog Entries
    One of the hygienist saunters about the office puffing on one. If nothing else, it gives smokers the ability to enjoy their addiction without having to be remanded to the outdoors.

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    One of the hygienist saunters about the office puffing on one. If nothing else, it gives smokers the ability to enjoy their addiction without having to be remanded to the outdoors.
    Many places around here will not allow any type of smoking or vaping. If you ask me, that's just plain stupid, but I guess the general public doesn't understand that it's vapor and not smoke, so they go ballistic over it.
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    The wife uses them at times when going outside to have a ciggie isn't practical. She was nervous on the plan trips down and back from Jamaica a few weeks ago...they helped calm her (even though using electronic ciggies isn't even allowed on planes).
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by blebs View Post
    Many places around here will not allow any type of smoking or vaping. If you ask me, that's just plain stupid, but I guess the general public doesn't understand that it's vapor and not smoke, so they go ballistic over it.
    I had heard somewhere that they were going to label these as "tobacco" products... there is no tobacco in them. How would that be possible?
    Click image to enlarge

Blog Entries
    I had heard somewhere that they were going to label these as "tobacco" products... there is no tobacco in them. How would that be possible?
    I suppose if they have a nicotine content, they can be treated as such.

Hell_Yes

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

I was under the impression that it was just a chemical...
    Click image to enlarge

Blog Entries
    Like alcohol is a chemical. Again, I can only surmise that it the reason for the delineation and appropriate age restriction.

Hell_Yes

Most of them do have nicotine.
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    Most of them do have nicotine.
    Depends on what the person gets, theres options for a large, medium, small or no amount of nicotine in the flavors cartridges or whatever they are. It would be hell to try and restrict the usage of the ones with nicotine in them and not the ones without it though.

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    Depends on what the person gets, theres options for a large, medium, small or no amount of nicotine in the flavors cartridges or whatever they are.
    Correct....I was just stating that "most" of them do have it...as a post above thought that they didn't have any. Like I said...my wife uses them....so I'm not a stranger to them, it's not an opinion or a guess....it's fact based on actually seeing them every day for a long time.
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    Correct....I was just stating that "most" of them do have it...as a post above thought that they didn't have any. Like I said...my wife uses them....so I'm not a stranger to them, it's not an opinion or a guess....it's fact based on actually seeing them every day for a long time.
    Do you know if they're marked differently for nicotine and non nicotine ones? Like in a way someone could say, oh you cant smoke that in here cuz its a nicotine one.

Blog Entries
    The ecig has three (or more) components, one is the battery, the second is a "cartomizer" (or a combination of atomizer and liquid container) that vaporizes liquid, and the third component is the actual e-liquid. You can use different type of liquids with the same ecig.

There were FDA hearings in mid-December, the FDA is trying to establish some type of standards for safe handling of the e-liquids, etc. as there are none now. Hopefully they'll not lump the product as a nicotine delivery device, as many of the liquids simply use vegetable glycerin (or PG) and food flavoring, which is all USDA food grade approved already.