Thread: ICS in windows server 2003

ICS in windows server 2003

I have a problem, I use windows server 2003 r2, have 2 Internet Card
    Properties (internet card)> Advanced tab> just "Windows Firewall" display but ICS is not display

Help me, i need ICS

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324286

You really don't want to use this though.
    *Having a Windows based computer with a NIC on a public IP address...you'll pickup infections and trojans and rootkits and it will be under constant hacking attempts
    *Horrible performance

Really better off letting a router do the job of sharing an internet connection...and at a minimum have at least the hardware based NAT firewall stand between your network and the internet.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324286

You really don't want to use this though.
    *Having a Windows based computer with a NIC on a public IP address...you'll pickup infections and trojans and rootkits and it will be under constant hacking attempts
    *Horrible performance

Really better off letting a router do the job of sharing an internet connection...and at a minimum have at least the hardware based NAT firewall stand between your network and the internet.
    Thanks your Idea, i trying NAT between network and internet but IP address Internet card not changes because Mail server ( MDeamon ) running. When i enable Lan card and NAT config then Client connect to server not found my domain and just connect to internet with DNS 8.8.8.8
    i try config ISA 2004 and ISA give to me IP address 169.254.0.0 - 169.254.255.255 and Lan card config ip address is 169.254.0.1, CLient ip address 169.254.0.2 and client connect to Lan card but not connecting to internet, i think DNS wrong but i changes, changes changes,... but it not connecting to internet, just ping to Lan card - it ok

Current : Internet > modem > Switch > Server ( Internet card : 192.169.100.10 and not changed ) and client
    Server ( domain, DNS, DHCP, mail server - MDeamon, not NAT )
    i want to config : Internet > modem > Server ( Internet card 192.168.100.10 and Lan card ???.???.???.??? ) > Switch > Client ( need join domain )

Hope you help. Thanks
    Last edited by nguyencuong030889; 11-23-12 at 10:40 AM.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    I would just do single NIC on the server, have Internet==>Modem==>Router==>Switch.
    And into the switch, is all of your computers...servers, and workstations. Server runs DHCP for the LAN/workstations. Naturally server and workstations need to use servers LAN IP for their DNS, since you say this a domain (active directory).

Since the server runs a mail server, simply open/forward port 25 on the router..and lock it down to accept traffic only from whoever you use as your mail filtering service/smart SMTP host. Lock down Exchange also with similar rules.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!