Thread: '88 GMC Sputtering Issue at around 40 mph

'88 GMC Sputtering Issue at around 40 mph

Hello, I am new to this forum and not sure if this is the place to post this diagnostic problem but here it is: My '88 GMC S-15 has been acting up: [Just started yesterday.] Sputtering at around 35-40 mph. [I think the truck shifts into 3rd gear at this speed.] Mainly when going up hill, and not so much when going down hill or on level roads. The last time I had this problem I found a dislodged vacuum tube and the problem went away once the tube was re-connected. I naturally checked this area again but found all vacuum tubes attached. I have also considered water in the tank and will be treating for that today. I checked the spark wires and found some to be warn and will be replacing Wires/Cap/Rotor today. If anyone has any ideas on anything that I may have over looked I would appreciate hearing any ideas for other items to check. Another symptom is that I can feel the truck begin to shimmy just before the sputtering starts up. This leads me back to thinking it's a vacuum issue but I do not find any loose tubes. Thanks for any suggestions on what to look for.

Replace the plugs as well. Does it sputter in neutral when you rev the engine?

ииии

ииии