Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hurricane Sandy

404 Sanity Not Found PsykoPenguin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blebs View Post
    Yeah well this about sums it up for me. Time to hit the liquor store.

Attachment 940
    and get all that alcohol you can't afford.
    "I'm like a lion on the prowl after prey"

Quote Originally Posted by PsykoPenguin View Post
    and get all that alcohol you can't afford.
    With red lights flashing, time to retire.

So since I live directly on the water (seawall stops it from entering our basement) took my servers offline and moved them upstairs. Went to the hotel I do work for and staying here for the day and Monday night. For the bubble :-) hoping no damage when I get home. Stay safe everyone

Blog Entries
    I am seeing patients this morning. Some see this as a day off, and choose to take care of their personal business.

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

stay dry and safe all you northeastern peeps

Blog Entries
    Most of our barrier island shore towns are under water. Part of the Atlantic City boardwalk washed away.

The images are quite distressing.

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Yes. This quite a disturbing situation. I hope everyone that lives in the affected areas is doing well.

Blog Entries
    Stopping back in again.. guys this does not look good "at all". I just heard that the NYSE has 3 feet of water in it.
    I have some friends and family living on Cape Cod, Mass. and at 1:00pm today.. they even have power outages and trees falling down... think about the distance that is, from say NYC or NJ!

I was thinking it may take a week in the major cites to clean up.. but I think it's going to take 2 weeks or more at least. The other thing to think about, is the financial problems this is going to cause. Not just in damage.. I mean if the subway's are shot makes it rough for companies to operate without employees. Just a lot of things.

Hopefully some of our New England and Tri-State members will post on their current status... praying for you.

Luckily this one passed right on by my family in NC, hope everyone north of there is doing ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi View Post
    Hopefully some of our New England and Tri-State members will post on their current status... praying for you.
    It isnt bad here in CT, by the shore probably is, but the central area is doing better than when Irene hit last year, and much better than the winter storm after it.

I don't think theres too much to worry about with people getting to work, with snow storms we're use to that issue. People make it, and places run with reduced staff, it ends up working out.

EDIT: And I'm shocked, I still have power! The worst grid in the country is holding up well this time.

Storm was like nothing here, we lost a tree branch. Our power even held out, looks like Meggie lost power though.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    We got dumped on bad. Had a window blow out of the house, tree fell on north side, along the shoreline we lost a lot of trees...a major tree across the road about every block...so we'll be without power well towards the weekend.

At the office now, which is also without power, but on generator. Getting some of our clients up remotely..doing D/R 'n business continuity stuff.

Neighbors of ours closer to the water had the ocean surge come through their house....homes ruined..water through the living rooms, another neighbor had a huge oak tree squash their ranch home. Friend of mine that owns a package store had 3x feet of ocean in it.

A good friend of ours lost their house completely to the ocean claimed..he lived literally right on the water and his house is in the deep!
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

SG Enthusiast
    Just a lot of wind and rain here. Never lost power.

Just stopped in to check on our northern friends here on SG.. Sorry to hear about your friends & neighbors there Brian.. Glad you're ok and thanks for updating us. Hopefully you get power restored soon and can begin the cleanup/repair efforts. It sounds like you'll have a lot of work on your hands this week and into next on both ends of the spectrum (personal home stuff and plenty of extra work-related D/R stuff). Good luck with everything! Hang in there!
    "Nobody's invincible, no plan is foolproof, We all must meet our moment of truth." - Guru

I still have electricity. I was worried about the trees around my house. So many wires going through them. 2/3 of New Rochelle is out of power.

A couple of homes in my neighborhood lost their aluminum siding.

My son is exhausted. He works for the Village of Mamaroneck and worked 24 hours straight. I'm waiting to hear from them today. They don't have power. I told them to come here to take a hot shower and fully charge their cell phones.

My sister lives on the other side of town by the Marina. She has no power. The surge carried a few boats into Hudson Park.

I have been just sitting here listening to the radio. Tuesday I hugged the tree in front of my house and thanked it for staying put. The wind was amazing!! My floors were vibrating!

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, My floors were vibrating!
    hummmmmmmmm, i wonder how that felt LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    hummmmmmmmm, i wonder how that felt LOL
    WARNING: Thread derailment imminent!

Crazy bastards!!!

New Jersey got hit hard. My heart also goes out to the people in the 111 homes that burnt down in Breezy Point, Queens.

Limited train service. I'm going in tomorrow just to take care of a few things and hopefully will be out of there by noon.

Hope everyone made it through the storm okay.