Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Presidential Debate

Presidential Debate

Ok, I'll start it.

Who did better?
    Nutty like squirrel terds!!!

Romney did better on style although he didn't help himself with the impression he stands for nothing. He was a moderate when he governed. When he ran for the Republican nomination he went far right and last night he bounced back to ideas that contradicted what he said when running to be the Republican nominee. The President clearly did not get the job done last night. Historically incumbents haven't done well the first debate and Obama was no different. I think it's fair to say Romney won last night. What happens during the 2nd and 3rd debate remains to be seen.

It's all just talk and "normally" the President is pretty good but he looked and sounded pretty anemic last night. Romney has the advantage of at least telling new lies while the President can only be on the defense and go on his record. The simple fact is that they cannot tax us out of a deficit so the economy needs to flourish. How that gets done at this point I don't know.
    USMC RETIRED

Steve

Tacoma Guitar Forum

Blog Entries
    Seemed like Mit was better prepared and his presentation was better than expected. As to substance, I didn't hear enough from either, but I suppose those debates give you more of a general personality perception than going into much detail.

The big question is how much of an impact this will make in the polls. The difference between the two is so decisive it's hard to imagine anyone not having already decided unless they simply have not paid attention at all. If they haven't and last night was their first look then Romney will benefit. One has to think the President will do much better in the 2nd debate, but time will tell.

According to statistics debates don't change poll results.

Here is an example of Romney's wishy washy nature.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ZykA7oQm8Eg

Obama looked like a amateur he is, period. He proposes all of these things like job creation, tax cuts etc., he's been in office for 4 years..... why hasn't he already done these things if he was going to do them?

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    The big question is how much of an impact this will make in the polls. The difference between the two is so decisive it's hard to imagine anyone not having already decided unless they simply have not paid attention at all. If they haven't and last night was their first look then Romney will benefit. One has to think the President will do much better in the 2nd debate, but time will tell.
    Historically, with the first debate...the challenger usually comes out ahead.
    I want to like Mitt...but I just cant.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

The Presidential race is pointless. I firmly believe that the "Powers That Be" will put in whomever they choose and that voting is pure BS.

Romney is a whole new kind of liar. Politicians are all in some way slimy, but Romney will say and do anything to get elected including contradicting himself over and over. His plan clearly is set to give tax breaks to the wealthy and yet last night he said otherwise. He's a flake of unseen proportions.

Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    Romney is a whole new kind of liar. Politicians are all in some way slimy, but Romney will say and do anything to get elected including contradicting himself over and over. His plan clearly is set to give tax breaks to the wealthy and yet last night he said otherwise. He's a flake of unseen proportions.
    Amen brother!

Some people will NEVER get it.

Quote Originally Posted by mnosteele52 View Post
    Some people will NEVER get it.
    I hear ya!

Quote Originally Posted by SlyOneDoofy View Post
    Ok, I'll start it.

Who did better?
    I did...I went to bed!

Like I stated, Romney at least has a new set of lies. Obama has already used his up. I am from Illinois and I know the type of politician we breed. Most end up in orange jump-suits.
    USMC RETIRED

Steve

Tacoma Guitar Forum

Blog Entries
    There used to be a time when polititians stood for something, had visions, used to rally people, used to inspire dreams and hopes... Seems like these days it's all about getting/being in office. Or maybe it's just me getting older and more cynical, idk.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisinCain View Post
    The Presidential race is pointless. I firmly believe that the "Powers That Be" will put in whomever they choose and that voting is pure BS.
    Am I to assume you've seen the light?
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    There used to be a time when polititians stood for something, had visions, used to rally people, used to inspire dreams and hopes... Seems like these days it's all about getting/being in office. Or maybe it's just me getting older and more cynical, idk.

I agree with you...and I also agree we do get more cynical,,,at least I know I have...

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    Agreed! You're not getting more cynical...you're accurately voicing what's happening. These days it's all about the candidates using "buzzwords"...what their marketing campaign people tell them to say, even though they don't know what they're saying or believe in what they're saying.

Prime example....during that sesame street thing...."to stop borrowing money from China to pay for things we don't need". His campaign people told him to say that because they knew it would bring a big round of applause. Yet..we all know Mitt isn't going to do anything along those lines....it was just a bunch of BS spewed forth to sound good.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!