Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looky at these speeds...

Quote Originally Posted by Leatherneck View Post
    Sometimes it's nice to be where I am!

http://home.comcast.net/~tgfmo/speed.jpg
    Sweet.

Nope, I work at the headend where the product originates. I work on and touch the equipment that sends and receives to your home. Those speeds are the result of something like Stonecat is referring to. While it is certainly possible that "your" service is crappy, all I am saying is that we don't provide those speeds. It's not even possible for something like that to leave my building without alarms, tickets and immediate action. You likely have an RF issue and also likely very close to your premise or the entire area would be screaming. Try and refrain from the ignorant assumptions also as it adds nothing to the conversation.
    This is exactly the type of response I would expect from someone like you. Obviously everyone should believe whatever you happen to tell them, and clearly since I don't I'm classified as being ignorant. I wouldn't expect you to try and understand anything about the issues I've had with Comcast or what I've been through either. This is what is wrong with corporations these days; I simply stated my connection was unsatisfactory and you immediately go on the defensive. Do you really expect to solve problems this way? Oh, I forgot — you guys don't do that anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Someone Else View Post
    This is exactly the type of response I would expect from someone like you. Obviously everyone should believe whatever you happen to tell them, and clearly since I don't I'm classified as being ignorant. I wouldn't expect you to try and understand anything about the issues I've had with Comcast or what I've been through either. This is what is wrong with corporations these days; I simply stated my connection was unsatisfactory and you immediately go on the defensive. Do you really expect to solve problems this way? Oh, I forgot you guys don't do that anymore.
    I don't mean to be gruff. I am not a customer care person or even a customer facing tech. I am in engineering and only look at this from an edge equipment stand point. I'm not saying you don't have issues rather that the issues you are experiencing are not because "Comcast Sucks" This is the general attitude when someone has an issue and no one will convince them otherwise unless a problem is fixed to their satisfaction. We also have chronic complainers looking for eternal credit who do nothing but sit on forums swearing 24/7. Do you know if anyone has done a test right off the tap? If it's good there then it isn't difficult to figure out. If the whole trunk or feeder run was performing like yours you can bet it would be a priority plant fault.

I did not call you Ignorant but statements like this are indeed ignorant. "I've had 5 techs here within the past month and they must learned at the same place you did."

I could look at your service from work but I'm sure I'm too ignorant to be trusted...
    USMC RETIRED

Steve

Tacoma Guitar Forum

Quote Originally Posted by RaisinCain View Post
    That's why I blocked you.

whatever you did to "block" me did'nt work,
    so please put me on your "ignore list".
    Last edited by Dan; 08-11-12 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Someone Else View Post
    This is exactly the type of response I would expect from someone like you. Obviously everyone should believe whatever you happen to tell them, and clearly since I don't I'm classified as being ignorant. I wouldn't expect you to try and understand anything about the issues I've had with Comcast or what I've been through either. This is what is wrong with corporations these days; I simply stated my connection was unsatisfactory and you immediately go on the defensive. Do you really expect to solve problems this way? Oh, I forgot — you guys don't do that anymore.

if you have a problem with Comcast,then contact them! but don't come here and attack a respected member here just because he works there !

Odd first post.. me thinky troll or multi.

I'm pretty happy

Name:  160842522.png
Views: 25
Size:  51.8 KB

Hoo Rah and well said. As a recent retiree, I had to look into trimming my costs and the first area I looked into was tv and internet. Having switched from my tel company last yr I can state that Comcast is by far the best internet I have ever had. I was getting 125mbs DL until this week when I went to a new Triple Play package. My new speed is 56mbs which is more than enough for streaming tv and internet. Having spent 50+ years in retail you are correct that today far too many people complain without trying to work out their problems be it with companies or each other.