Thread: Atheros Adapter Network issue

Atheros Adapter Network issue

Alright first let me say that however is gonna help or try to help you are one the greatest men I ever met.So eager help someone in trouble without expecting much in return.

I have this issue that could be fix.Now in random occasions last few months I suddenly lost connection.

I run troubleshoot and most of time it does't give me any information but sometimes is say default gateway fixed.that happen sometimes and problem is fixed.
    But then it come up again.When I go to network connections I see my Atheros L1 Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000Base-T Controller disabled.If I try to enabled is says enabling but
    it never changes.

I'm running win7 64bit

We got 2Pc networked to modem

Vendor IskraTEL
    Product Prospero632+ Home Gateway
    Hardware type GGE+ OPTICAL v1.0 / Gallus CSP v1.0 (ISOS 9.0)
    LAN IP Address 192.168.1.1
    Default Gateway automatically set
    Primary DNS Server 212.18.32.10
    Secondary DNS Server 212.18.32.12
    Firmware Version 5.1.38-12.3-1.3

Identification Number 00D0505A7891
    System Up Time 05:13:25s
    Voice
    Status Enabled
    Phone Numbers
    -Channel 1 057690690
    -Channel 2 Disabled

If you need any further information please don't hesitate.
    Big thanks for help!

It isn't easy to guess what is wrong from that information.

It could be a hardware problem, a driver problem, a repeated router fault that Windows is dealing with by disabling the interface.

On a Vista system here, we had the ethernet interface giving problems for a while, and that turned out to be due to McAfee antivirus. I'm not suggesting that is your problem. But it does illustrate that there could be many causes.

I'm mostly a linux person, so I'm not sure where Windows keeps its logs. If you can find them, see if they show anything.

Quote Originally Posted by nwrickert View Post
    It isn't easy to guess what is wrong from that information.

It could be a hardware problem, a driver problem, a repeated router fault that Windows is dealing with by disabling the interface.

On a Vista system here, we had the ethernet interface giving problems for a while, and that turned out to be due to McAfee antivirus. I'm not suggesting that is your problem. But it does illustrate that there could be many causes.

I'm mostly a linux person, so I'm not sure where Windows keeps its logs. If you can find them, see if they show anything.
    The description for Event ID 194 from source AtcL001 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\NDMP3
    Atheros L1 Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000Base-T Controller

The specified resource type cannot be found in the image file

this is one of numerous same event logs

And I Find this one interesting

The master browser has received a server announcement from the computer ROSE-PC that believes that it is the master browser for the domain on transport NetBT_Tcpip_{21AA11B6-EC36-41A2-A3D0-500AACAA07B5}. The master browser is stopping or an election is being forced.

Oh and about security I only got avast!free antivirus

Note that Rose PC is the other pc connected to modem
    Thanks for quick post I appreciate a lot

Blog Entries
    You may want to check this for "master browser" issues: http://www.speedguide.net/faq_in_q.p...ory=90&qid=289

Other than that, you may want to reinstall your network adapter driver. Intermittent stopping of the NIC may also sometimes be linked to "green" switches and gigabit network adapters that power down when the system is in sleep mode/idle to conserve power.

I hope this gives you some ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    You may want to check this for "master browser" issues: http://www.speedguide.net/faq_in_q.p...ory=90&qid=289

Other than that, you may want to reinstall your network adapter driver. Intermittent stopping of the NIC may also sometimes be linked to "green" switches and gigabit network adapters that power down when the system is in sleep mode/idle to conserve power.

I hope this gives you some ideas.
    Thanks for giving me direction I will try unistall and take a look of your hotlink.I will post any further development after that

Okay I installed latest drivers(=At least that what I think) Driver_Version=2.4.7.27 and I changed in tab power managment uncheck allow computer to turn off this device to save power.
    I will come back if it works on long term.SO far so good, but still too soon to tell.

Problem persist.Just few minutes ago my connection died.This is one of the logs:
    They all got same time stamps:

The client was unable to validate the following as active DNS server(s) that can service this client. The server(s) may be temporarily unavailable, or may be incorrectly configured. 192.168.1.1

Name resolution for the name www.microsoft.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

So after troubleshooting problem is fixed.But nearly 2 or 3 minutes later same thing all over again.

Okay this morning one call figure out all the problems.Seems like there is a problem with cabels or station in nearby settlement.So that is the problem why lines sometimes don't working.Thanks for help everyone that replied
    If you want feel free to lock it or mark it "solved"