Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What the heck..

What the heck..

Why is it OK to viciously bully the President of Chick-Fil-A & his company for stating his honest opinions? Are we not ALL free to have personal beliefs anymore? "Hey, let's not eat their chicken because they are different" Hypocrisy if I've ever seen it. I've read numerous pages about this family and their business and they sure appear to be some down to earth, honest, genuine folks who have a great business and treat their employes very well.
    I guess the next step might be to call any married heterosexuals intolerant & meanies.
    USMC RETIRED

Steve

Tacoma Guitar Forum

Had to look around to figure out what you're talking about.

That done, I see no point in bullying anyone for their personal beliefs and disagree he should be a target. As you state, everyone has a right to their opinions.

I have no problem with people boycotting his business though.

Quote Originally Posted by Leatherneck View Post
    Hypocrisy if I've ever seen it.
    I guess the next step might be to call any married heterosexuals intolerant & meanies.
    True story,

My GF stopped eating there, But I still make the 1.5 hour drive when I have a craving! NO ONE WILL EVER TAKE MY CHICK-FIL-A FROM ME!

So I'll assume the owner is anti gay. Probably not great for business but oh well, non story to me. Did someone get kicked out of a Chick Fil A or something?

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    So I'll assume the owner is anti gay. Probably not great for business but oh well, non story to me. Did someone get kicked out of a Chick Fil A or something?
    No one has ever been discriminated against, kicked out or otherwise harassed. This came about from an interview where the owner said he believes marriage is a bond between one man and one woman. They bullied this man and his business for simply stating his principles. Just irks me that the very group who claims to be the subject of continual bullying and ridicule would even waste time attacking a Christian who actual holds Christian beliefs. I guess they drive on a one way street.
    USMC RETIRED

Steve

Tacoma Guitar Forum

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Never heard of that chain.....never seen one. Had to Google to see what Chik Fil A was.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    Never heard of that chain.....never seen one. Had to Google to see what Chik Fil A was.
    they have really good milkshakes

No one has ever been discriminated against, kicked out or otherwise harassed. This came about from an interview where the owner said he believes marriage is a bond between one man and one woman. They bullied this man and his business for simply stating his principles. Just irks me that the very group who claims to be the subject of continual bullying and ridicule would even waste time attacking a Christian who actual holds Christian beliefs. I guess they drive on a one way street.
    I googled a bit and found that they donate to some organizations that have been labeled "anti gay" so I would assume thats where the hate is coming from. Its just something thats gonna happen when you have 2 groups with opposite views like that.

Didn't you get the memo? You are no longer allowed to have traditional faith or values. You must bow to the collective. The mere mention of God brings on the hate mongers. Personally, I agree with owner and his families beliefs and I hope he stands firm in his convictions. Far too many people want unacceptable behaviors to be acceptable. By acceptable, I mean by the law of the bible. I already know that isn't going to be a popular statement for many on this very forum.
    Last edited by blebs; 07-26-12 at 07:36 AM.
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

Quote Originally Posted by blebs View Post
    You must bow to the collective. The mere mention of God brings on the hate mongers..
    OK here are my demands and if they are not met then I will spend my entire life trying to convince the world that they are the root of all evil.

-I want little kids in elementary school taught that they have a 50/50 chance at being gay or straight and either way is 100% "normal".

-I also want little kids caught praying over their PB&J sandwich flogged in the auditorium, but not too hard and with those cute little whips that my boyfriend uses...

-I want to be able to choose whether I work for a living or live off other people's sweat because most of them are greedy, meanies anyway who won't give us a publicly funded chicken sandwich

-I still want "In God We Trust" taken off currency because I sure don't trust him. My friend got the clap even though he washed his pee pee. What kind of God is that?
    USMC RETIRED

Steve

Tacoma Guitar Forum

Quote Originally Posted by blebs View Post
    Didn't you get the memo? You are no longer allowed to have traditional faith or values. You must bow to the collective. The mere mention of God brings on the hate mongers. Personally, I agree with owner and his families beliefs and I hope he stands firm in his convictions. Far too many people want unacceptable behaviors to be acceptable. By acceptable, I mean by the law of the bible. I already know that isn't going to be a popular statement for many on this very forum.
    I don't think there should be a law to try and change the bible's stance on gay marriage, but I do think gays should be allowed to be married by the state, like a civil union.

Some compromise needs to be made and I can't see various religions changing their ancient scriptures.

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    Cat your missing out, I discovered them in PA when i went down there for the first time a few month's ago. Now its all I eat when I go down there. Then I found one in Mass, So I drive up there sometimes with some friends. Amazing amazing sandwiches! I usually grab a chicken nugget platter and eat ti on the way back

Another thing they have always been ridiculed for is not being open on Sundays. The Cathy family wants folks to have the "choice" to go to church on Sunday and many mall owners and patrons have voiced disgust over this. Good grief there are so many other places to stuff your pie hole....
    USMC RETIRED

Steve

Tacoma Guitar Forum

Being "politically correct" is like trying to pick up a terd by the clean end.

My mind says "marriage" is a bond between a man and a woman. You can make civil unions or whatever you want to call them and have the same rights as married folk but I disagree with changing the definition.

I guess I'm not "progressive" enough. But we got here supposedly through Adam and Eve...not Adam and Steve.

Which makes me think...how is there a gay population if they don't breed? Must be social influence. I disagree with teaching it's ok to be gay by anyone else than parents. If, they choose that it's ok. But it's my right and privilage to teach my children proper morals.

I don't care what you do with your life. It's not my concern until you press your "ways" upon my and my children making them think it's normal behavior.

I know this isn't PC and I appoligize if I have offended any buttdarts or carpet munchers.
    Nutty like squirrel terds!!!

My one rule of business is do not eliminate customers. If I sold records, books, chicken or anything the last thing I would do is piss off someone buying my wares. Donna Summer made that mistake when she found religion and denounced gays. The number 1 purchaser of her music was gay men. There is a lesson there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    My one rule of business is do not eliminate customers. If I sold records, books, chicken or anything the last thing I would do is piss off someone buying my wares. Donna Summer made that mistake when she found religion and denounced gays. The number 1 purchaser of her music was gay men. There is a lesson there somewhere.
    Is the lesson money is more important than morals?

Quote Originally Posted by SlyOneDoofy View Post
    Is the lesson money is more important than morals?
    Morals is not the issue here. When in business it comes down to the bottom line. It happens that someone used their position in life to bring up politics. If John Doe said it no one would be talking about it.

I understand what you are saying. I'm just trying to figure out when morals should trump money.

Stupid business decision. But, when do morals trump money? I mean everyone yells at wall street, corporations, etc...

Think of it this way...If I write a song..and people buy it because it makes them want to drink alcohol and it has huge sales and I dislike the fact that people get drunk on alcohol should I voice my opinion? Unless I wrote the song for that specific intent.

Kinda the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    No doubt a business must do what it takes to profit but Chick-Fi-La has had the same business model forever and they sure sell some chicken! 39 states, over 1600 stores and sponsor of collegiate bowls. They are also a very big contributor to many charities. Works for them even if Doogie Howser switches to tacos.
    USMC RETIRED

Steve

Tacoma Guitar Forum

Quote Originally Posted by SlyOneDoofy View Post
    I guess I'm not "progressive" enough. But we got here supposedly through Adam and Eve...not Adam and Steve.

Man, that would be one hell of a translation error.