Thread: I need to apreciate what I have more,,,,,,we all do,,,

Smile I need to apreciate what I have more,,,,,,we all do,,,

I think I am blessed,or someone is watching over me,or something good is going on,

because

I have good health,I have a good job,I have a wife that loves me,I have the things that I want,I love going to Hawaii often,I'm lucky to have all that.

and with all this going on in just our little SG world with Ken & Shinobi & Humboldt,

I need to remember to take time to smell the flowers and appreciate my good fortune.

I also think we should all appreciate what we have and hold on to it,tell the ones you love how much you love them EVERYDAY !

I hear you and I totally agree.

Blog Entries
    Hi Dan

A heart attack in 1982 had me rethinking my life & lifestyle. From then on i tried to let those i cared for know i loved them and it also gave me the courage to let those i did not care for to leave my life.

Life is too temporary to burden yourself with wasting time & emotions on those who do not respect you, your loved ones or your ideals.

Smile when you can & live each day to the fullest is something i pay daily attention too.

---

Larry

luv u man!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I think I am blessed,or someone is watching over me,or something good is going on,

because

I have good health,I have a good job,I have a wife that loves me,I have the things that I want,I love going to Hawaii often,I'm lucky to have all that.

and with all this going on in just our little SG world with Ken & Shinobi & Humboldt,

I need to remember to take time to smell the flowers and appreciate my good fortune.

I also think we should all appreciate what we have and hold on to it,tell the ones you love how much you love them EVERYDAY !

Blog Entries
    Focus on what you have and you will be happy.
    Focus on what you want and you will be unhappy.

Basic Buddhism, desire is the source of discontent

Like you Dan, I am also very blessed. Alive and reasonably well.

Cheers to you, my friend.

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Dan, you're right on! We all need to appreciate what we have. I wake up everyday knowing that I am very forunate to be where I am, at the end of the day I pray that I can do it again tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post

because

Well said!

Yes siree Bob er I mean Dan. Many times, I think life sucks, then the next day, something better happens to remind me that not all is lost.
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

Thanks Dan. Sometimes I need to re-focus.

Well, said Dan.

Spend time with family. They won't always be there.

My dad has a cancerous cyst in the roof of his mouth. He also needs knee and wrist surgery. The doc told him they would remove the cyst first because he might not need the other surgeries.

WTF!
    Nutty like squirrel terds!!!

Reminds me of a bad joke.

Guy goes to the doctor because he's feeling terrible.

Doctor gives him a bottle of pills and says hopefully these will help but he'll have to take them for the rest of his life.

The guy looks at the bottle and it says...No Refills.
    Nutty like squirrel terds!!!

Quote Originally Posted by minir View Post
    Hi Dan

A heart attack in 1982 had me rethinking my life & lifestyle. From then on i tried to let those i cared for know i loved them and it also gave me the courage to let those i did not care for to leave my life.

Life is too temporary to burden yourself with wasting time & emotions on those who do not respect you, your loved ones or your ideals.

Smile when you can & live each day to the fullest is something i pay daily attention too.

---

Larry

I appreciate this.