Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Keep Ken in yuor thoughts, he is having surgery tomorrow

Blog Entries
    Seems he had a rough weekend at the hospital.. They had him on meds to control his heart rate that caused some kind of reaction and he had a mild heart attack at some point on Saturday. They stabilized him and he's doing much better now that most of those meds are out of his system. In fact, I just called him and he said he had some solid food including bacon, and they may let him out of the hospital tonight or tomorrow.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    That bunghole! I'm gonna call him right now soon as I leave this onsite and tell him to ship that bacon up here!
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Sending good thoughts your way Ken

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    That bunghole! I'm gonna call him right now soon as I leave this onsite and tell him to ship that bacon up here!
    Just don't make him laugh too hard so he doesn't bust his sutures (again), lol.

Hmm, heart attack and bacon.....Marriage in heaven?
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

Thumbs up Thanks everyone!

I am at home and doing better.

I have 2 drainage tubes sewn into my abdomin and a 3" x 7" silver patch (yes, ...silver...) covering the hole through my skin. The stomach muscles were stretched together and sewn shut, with the actual skin left open to allow healing down below. Once the muscles have sucessfully regrown/joined together, the drainage tubes will be removed and the silver will be removed to allow the skin to then grow together and maybe for the first time in >5 years, I will be normal! ...well, as normal as I can be!

Yeah, I may have died (again...) on Saturday. My team of doctors/surgeons perhaps were over enthusiastic in trying to control my heart. Basically lowering it too much then raising it too much, then lowering, etc... I was on a roller coaster, sorta like taking speed, then downers, then speed again, each to counteract the other... (Not a technical explaination, just an easy one from mind that is full of narcotics! Morphine, demerol and dilaudid, ya gotta luv it!

I want to say thanks to all of you for the well wishes as I felt them while laying on the tablet teetering between life and death.

Oh, I would also like to remind everyone that SCat is a wanker!

Very glad you're back home and resting.
    And yes, we know he's a wanker.

glad your home Ken, i hope things turn out well for ya

That's cool, you're home already...crappy health insurance huh?

Take care and get your rest, you'll need it to tame the "wanker" when you get back on your feet!

Blog Entries
    I'm glad your doing better Ken. :-)

glad you are home ken and hope you continue to get better

While I don't like that part of you trying to escape life and leave me here, I'm happy to hear your home. I do hope yours is now corrected for good. I've had mine repaired 3 times and it's back again. I look like I have an alien wanting to pop out. They told me that if it came back, forget about it. Doc said my tissues are junk and there is nothing to sew to that will hold..
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    I am at home and doing better.

I have 2 drainage tubes sewn into my abdomin and a 3" x 7" silver patch (yes, ...silver...) covering the hole through my skin. The stomach muscles were stretched together and sewn shut, with the actual skin left open to allow healing down below. Once the muscles have sucessfully regrown/joined together, the drainage tubes will be removed and the silver will be removed to allow the skin to then grow together and maybe for the first time in >5 years, I will be normal! ...well, as normal as I can be!

Yeah, I may have died (again...) on Saturday. My team of doctors/surgeons perhaps were over enthusiastic in trying to control my heart. Basically lowering it too much then raising it too much, then lowering, etc... I was on a roller coaster, sorta like taking speed, then downers, then speed again, each to counteract the other... (Not a technical explaination, just an easy one from mind that is full of narcotics! Morphine, demerol and dilaudid, ya gotta luv it!

I want to say thanks to all of you for the well wishes as I felt them while laying on the tablet teetering between life and death.

Oh, I would also like to remind everyone that SCat is a wanker!
    Glad you are ok Ken. Is this the same Sx that you had the last time???

Yes, Debbie. It is still from the problem that started when Bouncer, SCat, Kold and the others came down for Gasparilla in 2007. (Hummmmmm, I suppose that we could blame it all on that wanker, SCat as that bastard is still trying to kill Kenny!... )

Last August while training/preparing to do the 60 mile breast cancer walk, the mesh broke loose inside by my belly button and started inflaming things, so I had it fixed in December, but broke open (again) and my intestines slipped outside of the hole through the muscles of my abdominal, causing part of my colon to be on the outside... (Food had to travel outside, then back in...)

After many complications and operations, I hope they have it fixed now.

Thanks everyone!

Yes, Debbie. It is still from the problem that started when Bouncer, SCat, Kold and the others came down for Gasparilla in 2007. (Hummmmmm, I suppose that we could blame it all on that wanker, SCat as that bastard is still trying to kill Kenny!... )

Last August while training/preparing to do the 60 mile breast cancer walk, the mesh broke loose inside by my belly button and started inflaming things, so I had it fixed in December, but broke open (again) and my intestines slipped outside of the hole through the muscles of my abdominal, causing part of my colon to be on the outside... (Food had to travel outside, then back in...)

After many complications and operations, I hope they have it fixed now.

Thanks everyone!
    I had surgery in 2007 and they found an incisional hernia where my colon was imbedded against my abdominal wall. The doc could not believe I did not have a problem all these years... 24 years to be exact at that time. I had told him obviously the tear was big enough and did not pinch off the colon. I had this since I gave birth to my son. I had a C-section. My son will be 30 in March!

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    (Hummmmmm, I suppose that we could blame it all on that wanker, SCat as that bastard is still trying to kill Kenny!... ))
    LOL..that was a crazy night staggering through Y'Bor!

...but it got weird when you started followin' 'n hittin' on that transvestite Paris Hilton look-a-like...
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

SG Enthusiast
    Glad you are feeling better and are home, Ken.

An awful long description when in reality it was a simple addadictome

Glad you're home and doing better. Awful lot of effort just to get me to post again though

Take care and keep up the recovery

Quote Originally Posted by De Plano View Post
    An awful long description when in reality it was a simple addadictome

Glad you're home and doing better. Awful lot of effort just to get me to post again though

Take care and keep up the recovery
    Actually it was a addadoubledicktome!

It is great to hear from you! And if it takes me sacrificing myself to surgeons scapels to get you back on the boards, so be it!

Do you still come down to FL? Hopefully, this was my last operation and I will be healthy again. I still would like to meet up sometime.

Don't be a stranger!

Quote Originally Posted by 24giovanni View Post
    Glad you are feeling better and are home, Ken.
    Thanks, 24giovanni!

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    LOL..that was a crazy night staggering through Y'Bor!

...but it got weird when you started followin' 'n hittin' on that transvestite Paris Hilton look-a-like...
    Yes, however, when we walked up on you makin' out with that dude that had a boyle on his face, it blew everyone away! Good times for all!

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
    I had surgery in 2007 and they found an incisional hernia where my colon was imbedded against my abdominal wall. The doc could not believe I did not have a problem all these years... 24 years to be exact at that time. I had told him obviously the tear was big enough and did not pinch off the colon. I had this since I gave birth to my son. I had a C-section. My son will be 30 in March!
    Unbelievable! You were lucky.