Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows 8 download upgrade for $39.99 ?

Quote Originally Posted by jawz View Post
    to upgrade to mountain lion will cost $29.99. So you can see that they are trying to compete with apple in terms of pricing structure. I think $40 is cheap and cant wait to install the new os.
    BS. Microsoft doesn't have to compete with Apple.

I say stick with what you have. If you need to "upgrade" look at your needs and go forth accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisinCain View Post
    BS. Microsoft doesn't have to compete with Apple.
    It makes snese. Lower price to compete with Apple and also to try and sway the XP people to switch again. But I feel liek XP users switchign to Windows 8 will hate the lack of the start menu the most.

A+, Security+, Mobility+ Shinobi's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    Got it..just been slammed....new Hyper-V setup giving quirks on a RAID 10, and some demo stuff with a BDR company.
    Hyper V?... no VMWare ESXi ?

comes with a fancy front destop board where you could put a dvdrom....

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Haggis View Post
    comes with a fancy front destop board where you could put a dvdrom....

yes,but you should check the clearance section at office depot first

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Haggis View Post
    Mhy Phone is silent!

like a fart ?

Just installed 8 Preview Release..... can't believe I actually like it. There is a definite learning curve, but it is faster than 7 and the Metro gui is growing on me. I think once there are more apps it will improve greatly. Once you go to your desktop it's just like 7 other then the start menu, control panel, options are the same, Windows Explorer is much nicer. I'm gonna use it for a while to give it a real evaluation.

Also, all drivers for Vista and 7 work fine and all the software I installed works fine as well.

Philip, you need to make an app for SG.

Quote Originally Posted by mnosteele52 View Post
    Just installed 8 Preview Release..... can't believe I actually like it. There is a definite learning curve, but it is faster than 7 and the Metro gui is growing on me. I think once there are more apps it will improve greatly. Once you go to your desktop it's just like 7 other then the start menu, control panel, options are the same, Windows Explorer is much nicer. I'm gonna use it for a while to give it a real evaluation.

Also, all drivers for Vista and 7 work fine and all the software I installed works fine as well.

Philip, you need to make an app for SG.
    Just download Start8 as previously mentioned and you essentially have 7 with the improvements of 8 (minus the Metro crap if you don't like it).

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisinCain View Post
    Just download Start8 as previously mentioned and you essentially have 7 with the improvements of 8 (minus the Metro crap if you don't like it).
    Quote Originally Posted by mnosteele52 View Post
    Just installed 8 Preview Release..... can't believe I actually like it. and the Metro gui is growing on me. I think )
    Err..sounds to me like he's liking it? Hence doesn't need the bloated adware laden (multiplicity adware) stardock stuff.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    Err..sounds to me like he's liking it? Hence doesn't need the bloated adware laden (multiplicity adware) stardock stuff.
    Hence the minus the Metro crap if you don't like it. It was a generalized statement directed toward other users who may have not witnessed my previous post. Get over yourself.

RC, I want to use it as MS intended, gotta support it soon so I need to try it "as is". From the pictures of it I had seen I thought I would hate it but it's not bad, programs are renamed apps and they are all there just like a modernized start menu when you select show all apps and you can pin your favorites. I kind of do agree that the start menu is out dated, been around since Windows 95 (maybe 3.1 can't remember), it's time for a make over.

From what I'm hearing we will get the RTM in August as MS Partners? Is that what you guys have been hearing?

I didn't intend to disrespect anyone BTW. It will RTM the first week of August with the general release in October. I like the OS but for me, Metro is a PINA for anyone not having a touchscreen. How do you mean "support it"? Personal business I am guessing? If that is the case I am in the same boat- my customers are going to FREAK out when they purchase an new PC.

Owner of Dr Tweak LLC, the doctor that makes house calls for your pc.

It's not too bad once you figure out where to move the mouse to bring up your menus.