Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: So, for the few of us that still post here...

Quote Originally Posted by minir View Post
    ---

Beauty catch FunK & Yes those were the days. I do miss them.

Enjoy Japan & its lovely Ladies.

---

regards

Larry
    Oh I surely do.. Every day.. Head is on a swivel over here....
    Simply run adaware, spybot, ZoneAlarm, HijackThis, AVG, update windows daily, have a router, don't open e-mail, turn off action scripting, don't use P2P networks, don't violate EULAs, and wear a condom to get Windows secured.

People say Linux is alot of work!

Not much of a regular anymore.
    I'm 31.

I am 52, still here on a spam visa...always dropping in to see how everyone in doing from time to time!

Blog Entries
    Downhill, still about

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Downhill, still about

OK, what the hell is going on? Why did the post get deleted? That’s probably why he’s not around much, somebody has a grudge we’re not aware of.
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

Quote Originally Posted by RoundEye View Post
    OK, what the hell is going on? Why did the post get deleted? That’s probably why he’s not around much, somebody has a grudge we’re not aware of.
    My guess is it wasn't DH...mod hijacked his account to be funny

In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    Nah, there’s way more than that.
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

well i guess i'm one of the old farts here at age 63.
    found this site in 2000 and started reading and just kept coming back to see what might happen next.
    even though i have never met anyone from here i fell like i know a lot of you guys.
    hope all have a great and safe weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronny View Post
    well i guess i'm one of the old farts here at age 63.
    found this site in 2000 and started reading and just kept coming back to see what might happen next.
    even though i have never met anyone from here i fell like i know a lot of you guys.
    hope all have a great and safe weekend.

SG.net was the first message board I ever joined. Spent a lot of time here learning about PCs, networking, etc.

Check in every few years anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Abbey
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.

33. 23 when I joined.

I was a young naive A+ certified entry-level IT tech who was thrown to the wolves on a large enterprise network after all the experienced techs were fired and I was promoted into their place by default. The bosses liked me for my attitude, demeanor, and willingness to take on anything they threw at me without complaint even when I felt like I was way over my head at the time. Trial by fire turned me into a seasoned tech within' 5 years and I eventually broke out and started into IT consulting.

Now I work for a healthcare company that used to be a client of my consulting business. My daughter is a 5yr old computer whiz. When I'm not at my computer or spending time with my family, I'm out feeding my addiction to the fast growing sport of disc golf (since 2006). I play on the amateur tour throughout the state of Florida and am a director for one of the local disc golf clubs.

Just got back from Seattle/Redmond area. 2 days of working with software engineers (healthcare software company we use) and 2 days of driving around northwest WA playing some of the most beautiful disc golf courses Washington state has to offer.

I drop in and lurk occassionally.. Good to see you guys!
    "Nobody's invincible, no plan is foolproof, We all must meet our moment of truth." - Guru

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by blebs View Post
    Hey ya young punk, nice to see you!
    Nice to see you as well, although I hardly feel young. This past year has aged me more than I care to acknowledge. My wife had to quit working last September due to her MS getting worse. Struggled through on one income until her disability and early retirement kicked in this April. She got diagnosed with brain cancer in March and we have spent the last few months traveling 100 miles every other week for chemo treatments. She had to stay in the hospital for several days after each treatment, to make sure it was all flushed back out of her system. As of last week she has been changed to once a month treatments, which will be a major blessing. The tumor has shrunk to what the doctors are calling a sliver. We will continue on the present course for the next year and hopefully will be cut loose at that time. And to top it all off my mom passed away on the 12th, after having stomach surgery.
    Looking for work............

Bah, damned crazy new BBS layout!

Aaaanyways;

I'm 42. I like long walks on the beach... preferably in bare feet. My turn-ons include any female that breathes, ladies that can say "hi" and don't judge me for my gifted groin area. Turn offs are anything sausage related.

All joking aside, I wandered to SG for more web speed. I got it and wound up typing out a reformat/reinstall guide.

\After that it all went to hell.
    "Today is a black day in the history of mankind."

- Leo Szilard

Your only bringing up the hell thing cause it's ramadan? Faust!, I do not no you. not true. You getz just as bored as me. Reading all the threads.

FAUST

I have hope, I have faith, I know how to swim....

Big fear of all the oxygene on the planet just disappearing?, have you seen china, or old people?

Can we take it back?, Is it a man/or/woman breath in...everyb ody dies....breath out...everybody lives...

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    Nice to see you as well, although I hardly feel young. This past year has aged me more than I care to acknowledge. My wife had to quit working last September due to her MS getting worse. Struggled through on one income until her disability and early retirement kicked in this April. She got diagnosed with brain cancer in March and we have spent the last few months traveling 100 miles every other week for chemo treatments. She had to stay in the hospital for several days after each treatment, to make sure it was all flushed back out of her system. As of last week she has been changed to once a month treatments, which will be a major blessing. The tumor has shrunk to what the doctors are calling a sliver. We will continue on the present course for the next year and hopefully will be cut loose at that time. And to top it all off my mom passed away on the 12th, after having stomach surgery.
    Wow. Sounds like the black cloud over my house has broken apart and is sitting over yours. I sure didn't tell it too, though I would like it to move elsewhere. I can imagine where your at emotionally and physically, not to mention financially etc. Illness sucks. Far too many people take life for granted and when these life threatening things pop up, suddenly, you have a whole new prospective of what life is really all about. I know last Oct and Nov really screwed my head up. 3 life threatening hospitalizations in less than 30 days. I really thought I was going to be leaving before years end. Still here though. Not doing well, but I got up this morning, so I'm blessed.

If there is anything I can do, even if you just want to talk, let me know.
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates