Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So, for the few of us that still post here...

I've been 56 for 22 days.
    No one has any right to force data on you
    and command you to believe it or else.
    If it is not true for you, it isn't true.

LRH

Quote Originally Posted by mnosteele52 View Post

Found Speedguide long ago in the Windows 98 days, I was learning how to optimize my connection for broadband.
    44 here.

G O <<< R E D S K I N S ! ! !

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    blebs wtf is wrong with your lungs!? with all the medical advances today did they ever give you a correct diagnosis? is there a name for that?
    Yes I was diagnosed with Idiopathic Pulmonary Hemosiderosis after bronchoscopy and open lung biopsy. It didn't stop there. In 95, I had a ruptured thoracic aortic aneurysm, which should have killed me then, but somehow I survived it. In 2002, I had my aortic valve replaced, a cyst removed from the apex of my heart and well, I'm all screwed up now. Last Oct and Nov had me really thinking this was coming to a close soon. 3 major hospitalizations in 31 days. Afib with rapid ventricular response, Renal Failure, then a major upper GI bleed.

You just never know when the other shoe will drop. You learn to appreciate each day.
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

Wow blebs, you have had some serious medical issues, you are a true miracle and I can see why you appreciate each and every day.

Proof that we DO have the technology to rebuild blebs.

In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    Quote Originally Posted by Paft View Post
    25 here. Since I joined, I've graduated high school, held down multiple jobs in three different states, gotten married, and joined the Navy. It's been one hell of a trip.

You’re lucky you got married before you put those glasses on. Does the Navy make you wear those BCD’s or is that your choice frames?
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

"Idiopathic Pulmonary Hemosiderosis" damn man, do you think they could've thought of a longer name?

Hey man I heard they're using pig valves now, did they do that to you?

Quote Originally Posted by RoundEye View Post
    "Idiopathic Pulmonary Hemosiderosis" damn man, do you think they could've thought of a longer name?

Hey man I heard they're using pig valves now, did they do that to you?
    No. I was already put on Coumadin for what they thought was a blood clot in the apex of my heart, but it turned out to be a cyst instead. They took the cyst out, which left the apex paralyzed, so my heart doesn't fill with blood fast enough to keep up with oxygen demands. I have a St. Jude Mechanical valve and Dacron aortic conduit. My woes haven't stopped. I now have a 4.3 cm abdominal aortic aneurysm. I'll be getting my next echo in September. If it's grown more, it's time to take action. Hopefully it can be stented by catheter. I'll never make it through a major surgery again.

In 1993, I was called into my doctors office and told that I wouldn't be around in 10 years. I'm still here. I can only tell you that I've been through hell and back and honestly, I'm getting very tired of it all. I'm not saying this for sympathy or anything else. I just want those that are still able bodied to remember that all of that can change in an instant.
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

Quote Originally Posted by blebs View Post
    No. I was already put on Coumadin for what they thought was a blood clot in the apex of my heart, but it turned out to be a cyst instead. They took the cyst out, which left the apex paralyzed, so my heart doesn't fill with blood fast enough to keep up with oxygen demands. I have a St. Jude Mechanical valve and Dacron aortic conduit. My woes haven't stopped. I now have a 4.3 cm abdominal aortic aneurysm. I'll be getting my next echo in September. If it's grown more, it's time to take action. Hopefully it can be stented by catheter. I'll never make it through a major surgery again.

In 1993, I was called into my doctors office and told that I wouldn't be around in 10 years. I'm still here. I can only tell you that I've been through hell and back and honestly, I'm getting very tired of it all. I'm not saying this for sympathy or anything else. I just want those that are still able bodied to remember that all of that can change in an instant.
    And you'll be around for many more years. You are a fighter (obviously). I hope and pray that you and yours are alright and if you need ANYTHING please let me know- I will help if I can.

Damn blebs you've been through hell. Not many people have had more surgeries than me, ………….. but damn!

I’ve had five orthopedic, screws, plates etc. (18in 10out). One other surgery. Luckily no heart.

SG Enthusiast
    43 here. Don't post too much anymore, but still browse through quite a bit.
    Looking for work............

Quote Originally Posted by RoundEye View Post
    You’re lucky you got married before you put those glasses on. Does the Navy make you wear those BCD’s or is that your choice frames?
    I could get new ones, but it's not worth it right now. I figure when I get back from deployment, I'll get my eyes checked again (on the Navy's dime) and get a new pair or two (also on the Navy's dime).

I could get new ones, but it's not worth it right now. I figure when I get back from deployment, I'll get my eyes checked again (on the Navy's dime) and get a new pair or two (also on the Navy's dime).
    Tactical Contacts.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    On the northern 1/2 of my 40's.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    43 here. Don't post too much anymore, but still browse through quite a bit.
    Hey ya young punk, nice to see you!

I don't know the same things you don't know.

Blebs Wow! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiopat...haemosiderosis

thats a rare one! about 1 in every million has Idiopathic Pulmonary Hemosiderosis

and you have survived past expectations with added complications. Your one tough SoB!

I was going to post a link to that thread, but the SG search results for "bullsh|t" were too numerous

sometimes you have to think outside the box to get inside the box .

I remember you used to have a fro like the dude lmfao... you joined SG when you were 14 ish!

I was going to post a link to that thread, but the SG search results for "bullsh|t" were too numerous

sometimes you have to think outside the box to get inside the box .

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    Blebs Wow! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiopat...haemosiderosis

thats a rare one! about 1 in every million has Idiopathic Pulmonary Hemosiderosis

and you have survived past expectations with added complications. Your one tough SoB!
    Not tough. Just incredibly lucky. As the heart surgeon put it to me after surviving the ruptured aneurysm, "Someone upstairs is looking out for you, that's for sure. There is no medical reason on this earth that you should have survived that surgery." I don't mind saying that it's getting tougher and tougher to breath, so .............

Quote Originally Posted by blebs View Post
    Not tough. Just incredibly lucky. As the heart surgeon put it to me after surviving the ruptured aneurysm, "Someone upstairs is looking out for you, that's for sure. There is no medical reason on this earth that you should have survived that surgery." I don't mind saying that it's getting tougher and tougher to breath, so .............

You are a survivor! Good for you, just not your time to go yet.

RaisinCain said it best.

And you'll be around for many more years. You are a fighter (obviously). I hope and pray that you and yours are alright and if you need ANYTHING please let me know- I will help if I can.
    Ditto!