Thread: Kindle or Nook?

Kindle or Nook?

Hi all!

I need some feedback in a hurry!

I'm going to buy my daughter a Nook or Kindle fro getting straight A's and I know NOTHING about them. She's 9, so I suppose it will be email, web, games, ect.

Can someone please give me an idea why one is better than the other, or comments? The price difference is not an issue.

Thanks in advance!
    "We do not inherit the Earth from our parents, we borrow it from our children."

Asus P5Q-E LGA 775 / Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale / Artic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro / NVIDIA GTX650 Ti Boost / Corsair Dominator 8GB DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) / Corsair CMPSU-650TX / Asus 20X DRW-2014L1T / Klipsch 4.1 / Creative Sound Blaster Z / Crucial MX100 CT512MX100SSD1 2.5" 512GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive / Too many hard drives to mention.....

kindle can do more and you have the app store on amazon

Blog Entries
    What versions of Kindle and Nook ? They're pretty comparable, but since you mention web/games I assume Kindle Fire vs. the newest color NOOK Tablet ($199).

They both cost around $200, have custom Android builds, weigh the same, same resolution and size, etc. The Nook has a version with 16Gb storage (and microSD card slot) vs. the 8Gb storage on the Kindle fire, while the Kindle has better app store probably, those would be the only notable differences for me. Neither has bluetooth, so no bluetooth keyboards... They're very similar. Maybe someone that has more experience with them would chime in.

I personally prefer the 10.1 screen asus tablets with vanila Android 4 Ice Cream Sandwich but that's a different class/price point.

I have a Kindle and love it.

I have NOOK touch and color. Touch is not for internet and Color is limeted on the internet. Can't comment on the NOOK Tablet.

I bought her a Kindle Fire and so far she's been really happy with it.
    "We do not inherit the Earth from our parents, we borrow it from our children."

Asus P5Q-E LGA 775 / Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale / Artic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro / NVIDIA GTX650 Ti Boost / Corsair Dominator 8GB DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) / Corsair CMPSU-650TX / Asus 20X DRW-2014L1T / Klipsch 4.1 / Creative Sound Blaster Z / Crucial MX100 CT512MX100SSD1 2.5" 512GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive / Too many hard drives to mention.....

I would have just gone with a regular Android tablet Asus T300 is what I have and it works great - you can use both nook and kindle apps on it without being tied down by the restrictions of either... you've already made the purchase, may consider returning it as you will benefit much more with so many other things to use with a tablet.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Got our daughter the Kindle Fire for XMas..it's good for kids, the Amazon store is a bit more mature and policed than the wide open stores of generic Android tablets.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    I know nothing of either one but tell your daughter congratulations on the straight A’s.
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................