Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Five on FOX News at 5:00 today....make sure to watch

So who cut me off?

Quote Originally Posted by RaisinCain View Post
    So now I have to give rep to mno to post when dealing with this thread? Ridiculous.

no stupid, LOL all that meant was that I liked what he said and I couldn't give him rep points again yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    no stupid, LOL all that meant was that I liked what he said and I couldn't give him rep points again yet.
    Well ******* I was referring to the fact that I can't post a response anymore.

I get a little red box when I try.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisinCain View Post
    I get a little red box when I try.
    well,sorry,but it looks as though you have been banned then

Are you still having an issue RaisinCain? Drop me a PM if you see this but can't respond for some reason.

We can tell others what we see and how it will play out. They chose not to believe it, even when it's proven to them. It's a shame, but that's the way it is. Ultimately, we are all so screwed that there isn't any unscrewing that can be done. What has been seen cannot be unseen.
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blebs View Post
    We can tell others what we see and how it will play out. They chose not to believe it, even when it's proven to them. It's a shame, but that's the way it is. Ultimately, we are all so screwed that there isn't any unscrewing that can be done. What has been seen cannot be unseen.
    Blebs,

Did you happen to notice that neither I nor Jawz particularly like our current president? What I have been hearing from you mnosteele and my mother in law are fox news talking points. You are right we are screwed. Do you think that the Republicans (aside from the slightly misguided Ron Paul) have the answers? They don't! They serve Mammon and hIs corporate string pullers the same or maybe worse than the Democrats. These rants do grow tiresome after a while and it is a shame.

These days I have grown particularly disgust with the news media, from both sides. Bold half truth statements as titles with nothing substantive to follow.

I am sorry if I seem to be pointing you out.... It is not meant to be that.

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by mnosteele52 View Post
    Because it's BS, it's funded and backed by Soros as nothing but a ploy. It's all been planned for a long time, it's not some peaceful protest and they are targeting the wrong people, it needs to be Occupy Pennsylvania Ave., but you can't protest who is paying you.

How are they the wrong people when they are the ones that brought down our economy?

I'm going to show you a factual graph. If you are interested in the story behind the graph, I will tell it.

Wall Street gets paid to do math, and they couldn't even do that right. Why do we want to place so much value in *******s that can't do math?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

Please explain the story behind the graph.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Blebs,

Did you happen to notice that neither I nor Jawz particularly like our current president? What I have been hearing from you mnosteele and my mother in law are fox news talking points. You are right we are screwed. Do you think that the Republicans (aside from the slightly misguided Ron Paul) have the answers? They don't! They serve Mammon and hIs corporate string pullers the same or maybe worse than the Democrats. These rants do grow tiresome after a while and it is a shame.

These days I have grown particularly disgust with the news media, from both sides. Bold half truth statements as titles with nothing substantive to follow.

I am sorry if I seem to be pointing you out.... It is not meant to be that.
    David I take no offense to your post.

Fact of the matter is, political parties don't mean a thing anymore. We have Wall st, The Fed and the Government in bed together. Until we pry them apart, since they are like locked, mating dogs, fighting over reps or dems is just silly. We have people with more money than they'll ever need, telling these 3 entities what to do. It's all smoke and mirrors.

Being overly wealthy isn't a sin by itself, but to use that wealth to the detriment of your fellow man, then we have a problem.
    Last edited by blebs; 05-24-12 at 08:42 AM.
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

Blog Entries
    David I take no offense to your post.

Fact of the matter is, political parties don't mean a thing anymore. We have Wall st, The Fed and the Government in bed together. Until we pry them apart, since they are like locked, mating dogs, fighting over reps or dems is just silly. We have people with more money than they'll ever need, telling these 3 entities what to do. It's all smoke and mirrors.

Being overly wealthy isn't a sin by itself, but to use that wealth to the detriment of your fellow man, then we have a problem.
    Amazing when we focus on commonality.

We have a corporatocracy. While Wall St. and the Banks play games with money, it is the corporates who have put the yoke on the workers. The food industry operates it's own nation within ours. The gas industry is ruining wells from Ohio through the northeast. The coffers they have permit them to flaunt protection laws and interests.

Being wealthy is not a crime, it is interesting what money can buy.

Hell_Yes

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by mnosteele52 View Post
    Please explain the story behind the graph.

this graph came from a TED presentation but you won't see it as TED removed it because they felt it was too partisan. Imagine that...the truth being partisan. The info came from government sources. I love TED but this is a black mark in my eyes. Since TED removed it, it has caused a huge stir online. The presenter has since put the entire presentation online and other news outlets are posting all the graphs for public consumption. Again, why do we allow the truth to remain hidden? Who cares who it hurts!

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

David I loved this line from that link:

One view of social critics is that the corporate influence in the United States is "so strong" that it can "render ineffective any president" who fails to advocate for the corporate agenda.[1]

Blog Entries
    David I loved this line from that link:
    Which is why we are here.

Be well my friend,
    david

Hell_Yes

Blog Entries
    Also worth noting from the link:

Economist Jeffrey D. Sachs described America as a corporatocracy in his 2011 book The Price of Civilization.[24] He suggested that it arose from four trends (1) weak national parties and strong political representation of individual districts (2) the large U.S. military establishment after World War II (3) big corporate money financing election campaigns (4) globalization tilting the balance away from workers.

... the lobbies dominate policy-making at the expense of the nation and contrary to the expressed opinions of the American people
    —Economist Jeffrey Sachs in 2011[4]

The globalization has been one of my drums. Our labor force cannot compete with slave labor and indentured servitude.

Hell_Yes