Thread: This is just too cool to keep in the digital forum by itself...

Blog Entries

This is just too cool to keep in the digital forum by itself...

Cross one item off my photography bucket list....

The Setting Eclipse by Sonic Aeronautic, on Flickr

Solar Eclipse/May 2012/Amarillo, Texas by Sonic Aeronautic, on Flickr

I hadn't been able to see a solar eclipse since the late 70s, so this was a really cool thing for me to see
    ------
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

Those are awesome

I like #1 the best. very cool

Yes, very nice...#1

Wow Indy! Fantastic!

Blog Entries
    I've got about a dozen shots I took up on facebook if anyone's interested in looking: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...3&l=702bef6d91

It was really cool having both my daughters out there with me watching as the light diminished rapidly, sort of the same amount of light you might have right before sunrise. Neither daughter had ever seen an eclipse in person before, so they both got a kick out of it
    ------
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

It was too foggy here to see a thing. The light was weird for a few minutes but that was about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    I've got about a dozen shots I took up on facebook if anyone's interested in looking: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...3&l=702bef6d91

It was really cool having both my daughters out there with me watching as the light diminished rapidly, sort of the same amount of light you might have right before sunrise. Neither daughter had ever seen an eclipse in person before, so they both got a kick out of it

Very nice!

How's your Alpha holding up? I'm thinking of going with an a77 but right now I have alot of money wrapped up in Canon glass.

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JawZ View Post
    Very nice!

How's your Alpha holding up? I'm thinking of going with an a77 but right now I have alot of money wrapped up in Canon glass.
    It's doing pretty well...I've upgraded (slightly) from the a100 to the a550, and the a77 is somewhere hopefully in the near future for myself as well. I can understand being held back by the equipment you already have...I've looked at a couple of Nikon bodies that I wouldn't mind going with myself, but for the money and the lenses I've already got, the a77 will probably be in my hands by the end of summer...
    ------

It's doing pretty well...I've upgraded (slightly) from the a100 to the a550, and the a77 is somewhere hopefully in the near future for myself as well. I can understand being held back by the equipment you already have...I've looked at a couple of Nikon bodies that I wouldn't mind going with myself, but for the money and the lenses I've already got, the a77 will probably be in my hands by the end of summer...

Mirrorless is the future and Sony is leading the front.

Blog Entries
    Sony's been great for me so far and I like the selection of older minolta lenses that are available to me at fairly reasonable prices. I've got my eye on a 75-210mm f/4 telephoto (beercan) that I may buy here in the next month or so, and all the image stabilization stuff is built into the camera, not the lenses, so the lenses tend to be less expensive than their Canon and Nikon counterparts.
    ------

Sony's been great for me so far and I like the selection of older minolta lenses that are available to me at fairly reasonable prices. I've got my eye on a 75-210mm f/4 telephoto (beercan) that I may buy here in the next month or so, and all the image stabilization stuff is built into the camera, not the lenses, so the lenses tend to be less expensive than their Canon and Nikon counterparts.

Another reason why I aspire to Sony in the future. I wonder if they have an adapter for Canon glass?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JawZ View Post
    Another reason why I aspire to Sony in the future. I wonder if they have an adapter for Canon glass?
    I'm betting that there is an adapter out there somewhere. I had bought an adapter some time ago to use some older non-AF Minolta lenses on my Sony. Had to go full manual with them in order to use them, but it was no big deal. I wanted it just for the wide angle lens that I had at the time. If you go looking, look for something that adapts to the A-mount, that's the Minolta/Sony lens standard. Not sure how well auto focus would work between your lenses and a Sony camera, but who knows?
    ------