Thread: Now this should make you very angry

Now this should make you very angry

Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

What a bunch of ********. Boggles my mind that our elected reps can't crack down on this.

Blog Entries
    It is illegal even under current law to claim additional child tax credit for someone who is not your dependent, or not living in the U.S. for more than 6 months/year: http://www.irs.gov/publications/p972/ar02.html

They're simply lying and cheating the system of self-preparing and reporting taxes, it is still illegal and wouldn't hold at an audit.

Nothing surprising, to me it falls along the same lines as showing ID when voting. We are paying for illegals with our taxes, a major burden on our system, we are giving them free healthcare and they can even vote when they aren't even a citizen. But Democrats won't challenge any of it because it's a free vote for them.
    Help & Tips broadbandnuts.com - CableNut Tcp/Ip Analyzer TCPOptimizer drtweak.com - Dr Tweak

LSD melts in your mind, not in your hand.
    WOW!!! I am So Shocked!

r u xprincD

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    It is illegal even under current law to claim additional child tax credit for someone who is not your dependent, or not living in the U.S. for more than 6 months/year: http://www.irs.gov/publications/p972/ar02.html

They're simply lying and cheating the system of self-preparing and reporting taxes, it is still illegal and wouldn't hold at an audit.
    I know it is, but why are they allowing outright Fraud and not doing anything about it. Let you or I try that crap and see how fast they throw us in prison.
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

Quote Originally Posted by blebs View Post
    I know it is, but why are they allowing outright Fraud and not doing anything about it. Let you or I try that crap and see how fast they throw us in prison.
    Exactly, you or I loyally pay our taxes every year and one year we make a mistake and we get red flagged and audited then raked over the coals by the IRS. These people purposefully and knowingly commit fraud and the IRS turns a blind eye to it.
    Help & Tips broadbandnuts.com - CableNut Tcp/Ip Analyzer TCPOptimizer drtweak.com - Dr Tweak

Quote Originally Posted by mnosteele52 View Post
    Nothing surprising, to me it falls along the same lines as showing ID when voting. We are paying for illegals with our taxes, a major burden on our system, we are giving them free healthcare and they can even vote when they aren't even a citizen. But Democrats won't challenge any of it because it's a free vote for them.
    You should Condi Rice's book. She even covers legislation President Bush pushed for during his time to allow illegals to be in the country as long as they are working.

Blog Entries
    I totally agree that anyone defrauding the tax system should be dealt with accordingly, and loopholes should be closed. This still smells a bit like a crusade to further alienate a bunch of poor people few care about.

It seems consistent with congressman Dan Burton's idea for the "flat/fair tax" that puts the biggest tax burden on those who spend the majority of their income, but that's a different discussion.

One thing I've always pondered....if the the mexicans here in the US spent their energy rallying against the mexican system instead of our system maybe they'd have a country worth living in.
    Nutty like squirrel terds!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SlyOneDoofy View Post
    One thing I've always pondered....if the the mexicans here in the US spent their energy rallying against the mexican system instead of our system maybe they'd have a country worth living in.
    The drug cartels have all but taken over the country.

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    This still smells a bit like a crusade to further alienate a bunch of poor people few care about.
    I would agree, but it does strike a chord with anyone who has faced an audit.

Hell_Yes

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Blog Entries
    And the Repugs are content to have below minimum wage labor available. Many established Latinos do vote GOP, based on Christian faith issues.

Exactly, you or I loyally pay our taxes every year and one year we make a mistake and we get red flagged and audited then raked over the coals by the IRS. These people purposefully and knowingly commit fraud and the IRS turns a blind eye to it.
    No arguments. Important to note that SS# fraud is very common.

Hell_Yes

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    And the Repugs are content to have below minimum wage labor available. Many established Latinos do vote GOP, based on Christian faith issues.

No arguments. Important to note that SS# fraud is very common.
    Wrong=wrong....quit sugar coating it with politics.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    The drug cartels have all but taken over the country.
    And how is that our problem?

And why do I have to pay for it?

Quote Originally Posted by SlyOneDoofy View Post
    And how is that our problem?
    It makes the United States more attractive for Mexican citizens.