Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 44

Thread: Osama bin Laden operation, Part Two

  1. #1
    Dr Tweak mnosteele52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA
    Posts
    11,912

    Osama bin Laden operation, Part Two

    Osama bin Laden operation, Part Two

    This makes me sick, Obama taking credit for killing Bin Laden. This decision would have been made no matter who was in office and the real credit goes to Seal Team 6, NOT Obama. My brother-in-law is a former Seal and they are the most humble warriors you will ever meet, Obama taking credit for them risking their lives for the betterment of the world is embarrassing.


  2. #2
    R.I.P. 2013-11-22 blebs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    North Canton, Ohio
    Posts
    12,819
    Sorry but without a body, he's not dead.
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

  3. #3
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    give it a rest mnosteele. He made the call and took the credit. I don't recall the same rage from you when Bush declared "Mission Accomplished"'

    Obama is a politician. He's going to talk up what was accomplished. They all do that.

  4. #4
    Dr Tweak mnosteele52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA
    Posts
    11,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    give it a rest mnosteele. He made the call and took the credit. I don't recall the same rage from you when Bush declared "Mission Accomplished"'

    Obama is a politician. He's going to talk up what was accomplished. They all do that.
    Blah, blah, blah. I don't recall Bush making the statement HE was personally responsible. I agree that they all do that but not like Obama where he makes sound as if it was single handedly his idea, decision and direction that let to Bin Laden's death. I don't give ANY politician credit for military actions, yes they are "technically" the Commander In Chief" but they do as they are told to do by the leaders of our military.

  5. #5
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Quote Originally Posted by mnosteele52 View Post
    Blah, blah, blah. I don't recall Bush making the statement HE was personally responsible. I agree that they all do that but not like Obama where he makes sound as if it was single handedly his idea, decision and direction that let to Bin Laden's death. I don't give ANY politician credit for military actions, yes they are "technically" the Commander In Chief" but they do as they are told to do by the leaders of our military.
    Then your memory sucks because he took all kinds of credit which is all Obama has done. Anyone with a brain knows Presidents make the call and someone else does the job. How this escapes you is beyond me, but literally everyone else but you gets that.

  6. #6
    Dr Tweak mnosteele52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA
    Posts
    11,912
    If I could ignore you I would but you are an admin (and I use that term loosely) and I can't.

  7. #7
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Quote Originally Posted by mnosteele52 View Post
    If I could ignore you I would but you are an admin (and I use that term loosely) and I can't.
    if I made as weak an argument as you do I'd want to ignore others also.

  8. #8
    SG Enthusiast Easto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    So. California
    Posts
    4,992
    I think he's right in taking some credit. He made the call. He also privately met with the team that carried out the mission and congratulated them. I think that alone shows his recognition of the teamwork involved. No matter what he said, anyone who would interpret that he was patting himself on the back is tainting their opinion with a bit of politcal prejudice.

  9. #9
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Easto View Post
    I think he's right in taking some credit. He made the call. He also privately met with the team that carried out the mission and congratulated them. I think that alone shows his recognition of the teamwork involved. No matter what he said, anyone who would interpret that he was patting himself on the back is tainting their opinion with a bit of politcal prejudice.
    Exactly. Very well said.

  10. #10
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    69,992
    Any politician would use this for themselves if it happened while they were in office.

  11. #11
    Dr Tweak mnosteele52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA
    Posts
    11,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    if I made as weak an argument as you do I'd want to ignore others also.
    Blah, blah, blah.

  12. #12

  13. #13
    Resident Atheist Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Orangevale ,Ca
    Posts
    18,682
    Quote Originally Posted by mnosteele52 View Post
    Osama bin Laden operation, Part Two

    the real credit goes to Seal Team 6,
    I agree 100%

  14. #14
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Quote Originally Posted by mnosteele52 View Post
    Blah, blah, blah.
    An expected response from a person whose bias has been proven.

  15. #15
    Dr Tweak mnosteele52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA
    Posts
    11,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    An expected response from a person whose bias has been proven.
    Blah, blah, blah.

  16. #16
    R.I.P. Nov 2015 RaisinCain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,951
    Another Bitch Fest? ALL politicians are *******s and liars. Have you people not figured this out yet? They succumb to the lobbyists to get their wallet padded. Do some homework for the love.

  17. #17
    Dr Tweak mnosteele52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA
    Posts
    11,912
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisinCain View Post
    Another Bitch Fest? ALL politicians are *******s and liars. Have you people not figured this out yet? They succumb to the lobbyists to get their wallet padded. Do some homework for the love.
    I totally agree RaisinCain, I'm not Pro Bush or anti Democrat, I'm anti Obama. He is an EXTREME leftist radical, the worst this country has seen in the office of the President. I have said numerous times, your usually voting for the lesser of the evils and in my opinion Obama is in a class all by himself.

  18. #18
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Quote Originally Posted by mnosteele52 View Post
    Blah, blah, blah.
    You know it's not the fact you have a differing opinion that is the issue. It's the fact that two people can do the same thing and if you dislike one you blast them while giving the other a pass. People like Easto and YoS made good points regarding this thread. Any President would brag about their accomplishments. That's where you have literally no clue at all. It's why you are along with Sava the least credible person on this site.

    One thing I do give you credit on though. At least you don't deny it. You may attempt to deflect it, but you don't deny it....yet.

  19. #19
    R.I.P. Nov 2015 RaisinCain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,951
    [QUOTE=Roody;2400652]You know it's not the fact you have a differing opinion that is the issue. It's the fact that two people can do the same thing and if you dislike one you blast them while giving the other a pass. People like Easto and YoS made good points regarding this thread. Any President would brag about their accomplishments. That's where you have literally no clue at all. It's why you are along with Sava the least credible person on this site.

    One thing I do give you credit on though. At least you don't deny it. You may attempt to deflect it, but you don't deny it....yet.[/QUOTE
    What a great way to bring this thread around.

  20. #20
    Dr Tweak mnosteele52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA
    Posts
    11,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    It's the fact that two people can do the same thing and if you dislike one you blast them while giving the other a pass.
    Show me one thread where I gave someone a pass when blasting another for the same thing?

    You are EXACTLY like the liberal media, you take one excerpt of a quote and take it COMPLETELY out of context then twist it around trying to make your point valid..... I call that lying therefore you are a liar, period.

Similar Threads

  1. Osama bin Laden Sux
    By MRB in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-19-01, 12:27 PM
  2. As for what to do with Osama bin Laden:
    By crazyman in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-11-01, 12:33 AM
  3. this is what they should do when they get osama bin laden.
    By TrueAmerican in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-17-01, 05:40 PM
  4. Osama Bin Laden Is Going Down!!!
    By TrueAmerican in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-14-01, 10:56 PM
  5. Osama Bin Laden
    By mikemean in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-11-01, 07:19 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •