Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Osama bin Laden operation, Part Two

Osama bin Laden operation, Part Two

This makes me sick, Obama taking credit for killing Bin Laden. This decision would have been made no matter who was in office and the real credit goes to Seal Team 6, NOT Obama. My brother-in-law is a former Seal and they are the most humble warriors you will ever meet, Obama taking credit for them risking their lives for the betterment of the world is embarrassing.

Sorry but without a body, he's not dead.
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

give it a rest mnosteele. He made the call and took the credit. I don't recall the same rage from you when Bush declared "Mission Accomplished"'

Obama is a politician. He's going to talk up what was accomplished. They all do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    give it a rest mnosteele. He made the call and took the credit. I don't recall the same rage from you when Bush declared "Mission Accomplished"'

Obama is a politician. He's going to talk up what was accomplished. They all do that.
    Blah, blah, blah. I don't recall Bush making the statement HE was personally responsible. I agree that they all do that but not like Obama where he makes sound as if it was single handedly his idea, decision and direction that let to Bin Laden's death. I don't give ANY politician credit for military actions, yes they are "technically" the Commander In Chief" but they do as they are told to do by the leaders of our military.

Quote Originally Posted by mnosteele52 View Post
    Blah, blah, blah. I don't recall Bush making the statement HE was personally responsible. I agree that they all do that but not like Obama where he makes sound as if it was single handedly his idea, decision and direction that let to Bin Laden's death. I don't give ANY politician credit for military actions, yes they are "technically" the Commander In Chief" but they do as they are told to do by the leaders of our military.
    Then your memory sucks because he took all kinds of credit which is all Obama has done. Anyone with a brain knows Presidents make the call and someone else does the job. How this escapes you is beyond me, but literally everyone else but you gets that.

If I could ignore you I would but you are an admin (and I use that term loosely) and I can't.

If I could ignore you I would but you are an admin (and I use that term loosely) and I can't.
    if I made as weak an argument as you do I'd want to ignore others also.

I think he's right in taking some credit. He made the call. He also privately met with the team that carried out the mission and congratulated them. I think that alone shows his recognition of the teamwork involved. No matter what he said, anyone who would interpret that he was patting himself on the back is tainting their opinion with a bit of politcal prejudice.

Quote Originally Posted by Easto View Post
    I think he's right in taking some credit. He made the call. He also privately met with the team that carried out the mission and congratulated them. I think that alone shows his recognition of the teamwork involved. No matter what he said, anyone who would interpret that he was patting himself on the back is tainting their opinion with a bit of politcal prejudice.
    Exactly. Very well said.

Any politician would use this for themselves if it happened while they were in office.

if I made as weak an argument as you do I'd want to ignore others also.
    Blah, blah, blah.

the real credit goes to Seal Team 6,
    I agree 100%

Blah, blah, blah.
    An expected response from a person whose bias has been proven.

An expected response from a person whose bias has been proven.
    Blah, blah, blah.

Another Bitch Fest? ALL politicians are *******s and liars. Have you people not figured this out yet? They succumb to the lobbyists to get their wallet padded. Do some homework for the love.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisinCain View Post
    Another Bitch Fest? ALL politicians are *******s and liars. Have you people not figured this out yet? They succumb to the lobbyists to get their wallet padded. Do some homework for the love.
    I totally agree RaisinCain, I'm not Pro Bush or anti Democrat, I'm anti Obama. He is an EXTREME leftist radical, the worst this country has seen in the office of the President. I have said numerous times, your usually voting for the lesser of the evils and in my opinion Obama is in a class all by himself.

Blah, blah, blah.
    You know it's not the fact you have a differing opinion that is the issue. It's the fact that two people can do the same thing and if you dislike one you blast them while giving the other a pass. People like Easto and YoS made good points regarding this thread. Any President would brag about their accomplishments. That's where you have literally no clue at all. It's why you are along with Sava the least credible person on this site.

One thing I do give you credit on though. At least you don't deny it. You may attempt to deflect it, but you don't deny it....yet.

[QUOTE=Roody;2400652]You know it's not the fact you have a differing opinion that is the issue. It's the fact that two people can do the same thing and if you dislike one you blast them while giving the other a pass. People like Easto and YoS made good points regarding this thread. Any President would brag about their accomplishments. That's where you have literally no clue at all. It's why you are along with Sava the least credible person on this site.

One thing I do give you credit on though. At least you don't deny it. You may attempt to deflect it, but you don't deny it....yet.[/QUOTE
    What a great way to bring this thread around.

It's the fact that two people can do the same thing and if you dislike one you blast them while giving the other a pass.
    Show me one thread where I gave someone a pass when blasting another for the same thing?

You are EXACTLY like the liberal media, you take one excerpt of a quote and take it COMPLETELY out of context then twist it around trying to make your point valid..... I call that lying therefore you are a liar, period.