Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dell Latitude E6410 BIOS Admin Password

Dell Latitude E6410 BIOS Admin Password

Laptop: Dell Latitude E6410

Win7 keeps looping and sometimes freezes at Windows loading logo and I'm trying to use the restore cd but cant get into the BIOS to enable dvd-rom. I forgot the admin bios password to unlock, even tried removing the coin battery to no ava, I think its a chip that has to be removed to hard reset.

System Number: G2CLXN1-2A7B

Dell support isn't helping at all and keep telling me to run diagnostics, which everything Passed. They said they would charge to send a tech out to remove password but that's gonna make me wait longer and probably cost me a bundle. Does anyone know where there is a battery or chip or jumper on this mobo to remove the pass?

Have you tried the F12 key to give you the boot options yet?

Yea, the thing is I disabled dvd-rom so my kids couldnt put cds in and try to screw things up on boot...lol works so well it's keeping me from doing so as well

I might have an actual disc/ISO of the technician disc at work. Let me check and if I do I'll get it to you.

The problem is that I cant get into the BIOS cause I dont remember BIOS Admin Password and that is needed for me to enable the dvd-rom so having a cd doesnt really help if I cant boot it...called Dell and the support said I needed to transfer ownership to get the Master Password and I couldn't cause I dont know the other people that had this laptop before

Let me see if I can get the master password from my Dell technician where I work. I'll also ask the other people in my IT department if they have any idea what it could be.

I tried using one of the master passwords someone gave me: ee06KJ9c5bHEP00X but that still gets me invalid password and it's QWERTY keyboard layout and even did the Ctrl + Enter...I love the security but really just want to get this working again =/

The master password is related to your service tag or other number, so its different for everyone. At least thats what google suggests.

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    The master password is related to your service tag or other number, so its different for everyone. At least thats what google suggests.
    There are ways to access the BIOS other than having a MP generated by the Service Tag. I just need to inquire about it as I have forgotten how to do it.

That password (ee06KJ9c5bHEP00X) was what was produced with my tag G2CLXN1, they said it should've worked, cause they used some tool from Chris something...I tried looking online for a chip or some spot to short since they dont have the jumper to move.

I give up when people don't listen. Hope you find the answer to the problem you're dealing with.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisinCain View Post
    I give up when people don't listen. Hope you find the answer to the problem you're dealing with.
    What because he mentioned the master password, and I goggled around to find the info I posted previously? How is that not listening? Yes you say there are other ways to do it, ok so research them as you were planning. Our discussion of the master password doesn't affect that.

What because he mentioned the master password, and I goggled around to find the info I posted previously? How is that not listening? Yes you say there are other ways to do it, ok so research them as you were planning. Our discussion of the master password doesn't affect that.
    No, because you're a tool and I have access to a Dell tech and he doesn't seem to want to utilize that i guess. So I won't waste my time.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisinCain View Post
    No, because you're a tool and I have access to a Dell tech and he doesn't seem to want to utilize that i guess. So I won't waste my time.
    I don't see anything in the thread from him saying he didn't want your help. I have seen plenty of you acting like an ass on this forum though. Either try to be helpful or don't post.

I don't see anything in the thread from him saying he didn't want your help. I have seen plenty of you acting like an ass on this forum though. Either try to be helpful or don't post.
    I'm not "acting" like an ass- don't like my responses, then move on. I was referring to your post and how he seemed to totally ignore my help. Quit being a helpless troll.

You are acting like an ass. You said you had to talk to some people at your work, what does that require him to say? I'm sorry your ego wasnt massaged enough in this thread for you to continue to help someone.

You are acting like an ass. You said you had to talk to some people at your work, what does that require him to say? I'm sorry your ego wasnt massaged enough in this thread for you to continue to help someone.
    For the love. Please move on. I will not continue to feed the troll. I know what I posted. Try not to give me a thread education please. Go away jackass. I love how the 500000000 posters on this site always jump in to give their "opinions". Nobody gives a ****.

Yea, sorry for being impatient but I was looking around for other options. That is the MP but I thought those where 0 (Zeros) not O (letter) It worked thank you for responding tho

Quote Originally Posted by FFKefka77 View Post
    Yea, sorry for being impatient but I was looking around for other options. That is the MP but I thought those where 0 (Zeros) not O (letter) It worked thank you for responding tho
    Cool, now pick something easy to remember for the reg password, or leave it disabled.

Cool, now pick something easy to remember for the reg password, or leave it disabled.
    lol, yea that's what I did, was just left it disabled