Thread: System Security Audit

Post System Security Audit

Hey SG,
    So we have a client that is interested in a security audit on his network. Now we can do this manually but that could take a long long time (200+ PC's) All PC's are joined to the domain and all Printers are shared thru the server and added to the directory.
    Now like I mentioned. Instead of doing it manually and viewing everything and manually checking each user group and PC. Is there a program or suite that will do the following?

1. Report each domain PC's:
    FQDM
    Mac
    Local User names and if there admins

2.List the user's and:
    What user group there in, if there admins on any local PC's
    Shares they have access to (if any)
    PC's they have access to

It seems like a lot of info to have automated. But I was hoping there is some Software to run on the DC with admin rights. any idea's or are we doing this manually?

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    You guys run any MSP software that has a product to do this? Like GFI?...they have one called LanGuard.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Hey Cat,
    No, This client does not have any type of managment or any agents. Just a plain Jane Domain

Cat,
    Running the LanGuard trial now on a smaller Domain we manage. This looks like EXACTLY what I need, Pricing is steep, but I think we are going for it. Thank you!

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Yeah it's steep....esp if you're looking to buy it for just one job. Meant really to be bought..and then you do a bunch of jobs with it over time, eventually paying it off and reaping profit from it. I don't know of any cheaper smaller products..never looked, I'm sure there are some out there. I just remember GFI's product sticking out....cuz we saw their dog 'n pony show a while ago when we were picking a MSP product to purchase ourselves to manage lots of our biz clients with (we went with N-Able/N-Central). N-Able has their own product called Audit Manager.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Managing the Lan Guard check now on less scaled Industry we manage. This looks like EXACTLY what I need, Expenses is excessive, but I think we are going for it. Designed really to be bought..and then you do a lot of projects with it gradually, progressively investing it off and experiencing advantage from it.