Thread: How do you wake up?

How do you wake up?

Each to their own, partner and schedule and all.

For my 45-hour work week, I have 11-7 week-days.
    Get up at 9:30 and leave for work by 10:45, plenty of time to make coffee and feed the *5* dogs and parrot, surf and check the news, take a shower, and make it to the store by 11.

Late as hell, I love sleeping late. I bitch about having to close the store late at 7PM, but a big trade-off is getting to sleep so late.

Now I just need to learn to stay asleep long enough.

ESSENTIALS:
    Sleep-you go crazy with out it. Fake it at first , when you're so sleep deprived you see shadow critters you know aren't there, just give up and ride with it. Remember that last dream
    Last edited by Humboldt; 02-01-12 at 01:47 AM.

Wow at 930 the first half of My day is done
    I get up at 430am M-F Get in the shower then go to work. Almost Never late.
    Work till 2pm then drive to My second job. Have a short break then work from 330-1130pm. Get Home at 1145 then get about 4.5 hours sleep and start all over again. Weekends off to do sidejobs

I work 8-4 Monday through Friday. Wake up at 5:30am.

Quote Originally Posted by Humboldt View Post
    ESSENTIALS:
    Sleep-you go crazy with out it. Fake it at first , when you're so sleep deprived you see shadow critters you know aren't there, just give up and ride with it. Remember that last dream
    That explains the cows bolting...well...sort of anyways...

Humby, you have got to stay out of the cow pastures… Too much of the purple and yellow fungi are not good for you. And for heaven’s sake, quit hanging around with Haggis as he is rubbing one off on you…er…rubbing off on you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't remember the last time I set an alarm. I wake up when I wake up and go from there... Life is too short to sweat the small stuff, enjoy it while you can...

I'm usually up at 3am. Have to get the wife up for work at 4am. Try to nap when I can. Right now, I'm so anemic that I'm tired all the time and can sleep just about any time I close my eyes. Upper GI bleeds suck!
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

Quote Originally Posted by Humboldt View Post
    Each to their own, partner and schedule and all.

For my 45-hour work week, I have 11-7 week-days.
    Get up at 9:30 and leave for work by 10:45, plenty of time to make coffee and feed the *5* dogs and parrot, surf and check the news, take a shower, and make it to the store by 11.

Late as hell, I love sleeping late. I bitch about having to close the store late at 7PM, but a big trade-off is getting to sleep so late.

Now I just need to learn to stay asleep long enough.

ESSENTIALS:
    I'm up at about 6:30,I do about 6 or 7 hours sleep,never been a "sleep in" person,I have my 2 cups of strong coffee,watch the news,email,internet stuff,make my lunch,call my clients between 8 & 8;30,hit the road by 9.

Up at 6:30, been very difficult to get out of bed these last 11 years.

I'm trying to get use to days again after 20 years of working a swing shift. Fortunately my wife and I have close to the same schedules and mornings are pretty much a ballet.

05:30 Alarm - We trade off on who showers first. Who ever doesn't makes the coffee and packs the lunches etc.
    06:15 - I'm out the door to be to work by 07:00, The wife take a little longer getting ready and leaves later.
    16:45 - We usually arrive home at the same time.

i've been a shift worker for over 5 years. on my day shifts I am up usually around 5am and out the door for 6am then I am home for 7pm. Night shifts I am up around 3:30pm then back home for 6:50am then in bed for 7:30.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilog B
    Loading the dishwasher at brembo's house means bringing the fiancee a sixpack home.

Work :M-F 8-5

Up at 6:00 AM
    Shower,Coffee, Teeth
    Drive 45 Mins to work

Weekends are all over the place if I sleep at all or sleep all weekends. Depends on my activities.

One thing I know, I use an app called "Sleep Cycle" Need to check it out. Works very well and wakes me up nice and gently! No crankiness

Emerald Triangle looking for EA and some trainwreck!
    Work M-F 7:30 am to 4:00pm

Wake up at 6:30, out of bed at 6:40 and out the door at 7:00. I wake up and get dressed, brush my teeth and leave!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow View Post
    Wow at 930 the first half of My day is done
    I get up at 430am M-F Get in the shower then go to work. Almost Never late.
    Work till 2pm then drive to My second job. Have a short break then work from 330-1130pm. Get Home at 1145 then get about 4.5 hours sleep and start all over again. Weekends off to do sidejobs
    Damn

Quote Originally Posted by ace View Post
    Work M-F 7:30 am to 4:00pm

Wake up at 6:30, out of bed at 6:40 and out the door at 7:00. I wake up and get dressed, brush my teeth and leave!!
    I admit I take my time in the mornings but not much I can do to hurry it.
    My 3 indoor dogs eat one at a time.

So I get up, make coffee, let the 2 outdoor dogs out of their kennels, feed the indoor dogs as I drink my coffee, feed and lock up the outdoor dogs, let the indoor dogs out, take a shower, feed the parrot, bring the indoor dogs back in, and THEN I can go to work