Thread: Anyone in the Auto Insurance industry

Anyone in the Auto Insurance industry

I need some advice. I was hit by a drunk driver last night, aside from a very sore back, I seem to be ok. I'm concerned my car will be a total loss as it's 14 years old. If that is the case the value of the car is far less than its value to me, in the sense that it was well maintained by me and I didn't have a payment.

The value of it is not likely enough to allow me to replace it with something comparable, with no money out of pocket. I'm wondering if there is any tactic or angle I can go at Progressive with to come out of this thing on top. Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
    Feelings about religion: I believe in a dogma-free personal Prime Mover.

I am in the auto claim world,and I say get some real legal advice from an attorney before you do anything else !

also don't look at your insurance co as your enemy,they are on your side.don't "go at them",ask them for their help.

Glad you're ok dude.

I'm wondering if there is any tactic or angle I can go at Progressive with to come out of this thing on top.
    From what I heard you're a "bottom"

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I am in the auto claim world,and I say get some real legal advice from an attorney before you do anything else !

also don't look at your insurance co as your enemy,they are on your side.don't "go at them",ask them for their help.
    Thanks Dan, my insurance is Geico, it is the other party that has Progressive. I have to say that Geico has been good to me since I've been with them and it is my expectation that they should be an advocate for me. However I don't believe there's much they can do or would be willing to do if I don't want to accept Progressive's offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Humboldt View Post
    Glad you're ok dude.

From what I heard you're a "bottom"

Well your sister is fond of the "reverse cowgirl" position and who am I to deny such an insatiable spirit?

Seems like some good advice here:http://www.auto-insurance-claim-advice.com/

http://www.auto-insurance-claim-advi...a-vehicle.html

Nothing specific to your case but there are some good explanations.

Quote Originally Posted by triniwasp View Post
    I need some advice. I was hit by a drunk driver last night, aside from a very sore back, I seem to be ok. I'm concerned my car will be a total loss as it's 14 years old. If that is the case the value of the car is far less than its value to me, in the sense that it was well maintained by me and I didn't have a payment.

The value of it is not likely enough to allow me to replace it with something comparable, with no money out of pocket. I'm wondering if there is any tactic or angle I can go at Progressive with to come out of this thing on top. Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

First, delete this post. Saying you are ok when you may not be isn't going to help your scenario. My wife works at the biggest law firm in Philly and she's feeding me info. Secondly, did you goto the hospital? If not, get to a doctor ASAP. Sore back now, ruptured disc in 6 months...who will pay? Always CYA. Take care of yourself. Cars come and go. Again, get to a doc ASAP and consult a lawyer.

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

Quote Originally Posted by JawZ View Post
    First, delete this post. Saying you are ok when you may not be isn't going to help your scenario. My wife works at the biggest law firm in Philly and she's feeding me info. Secondly, did you goto the hospital? If not, get to a doctor ASAP. Sore back now, ruptured disc in 6 months...who will pay? Always CYA. Take care of yourself. Cars come and go. Again, get to a doc ASAP and consult a lawyer.

http://www.forthepeople.com/auto_accident.htm