Thread: did you get your tree yet ?

did you get your tree yet ?

our house,

living room

my office

bedroom

bathroom

dining room

pretty - I use the same fake tree every year to save the planet - just add a few different decorations like a bow on top each year.

Got ours today from Costco. I've never seen them sell them there before. Incredible deal, $45 and a bit over 8 foot tall! A really beautiful tree too! If we would have bought it from the place we usually buy from, this quality and size of tree would have been in the $120 range easily.

No tree this year.
    Actually, only 1 tree in the past 20 years, best Christmas ever, no need for one since then.

Christmas is harsh for me.

That said, your trees look awesome Dan
    Love the nut crackers in the last shot.
    Stocking for the pup?

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Went and got ours 2 weekends ago, cut down myself, at a local family farm in town.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    pretty - I use the same fake tree every year to save the planet - just add a few different decorations like a bow on top each year.
    Now, I have nothing against artificial trees. But...I can't see how a fake tree "saves the planet". It's manufactured, so along the line resources were taken from earth that are used in a way to never be put back into earth. Metal, plastic, rubber...factories that create waste. And one day you will die and someone will discard this tree into the garbage..into a town dump...where it will add to human refuse.

Getting natural live trees....we're not going out into tropical rainforests or state parks and cutting down special trees that we're not replacing. Trees get raised at tree farms..they're planted as saplings and raised...to be cut...and when they're cut they're replaced with another sapling. There is no abuse of earth this way, no ill side effects or byproducts. After the holiday season, my tree gets dragged into the woods behind my house to the area where I do my firewood...broken down into the pile of branches that go through the wood chipper..it's broken down into wood chips, where it composts back into the earth, to complete the cycle quite naturally.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    Now, I have nothing against artificial trees. But...I can't see how a fake tree "saves the planet". It's manufactured, so along the line resources were taken from earth that are used in a way to never be put back into earth. Metal, plastic, rubber...factories that create waste. And one day you will die and someone will discard this tree into the garbage..into a town dump...where it will add to human refuse.

Getting natural live trees....we're not going out into tropical rainforests or state parks and cutting down special trees that we're not replacing. Trees get raised at tree farms..they're planted as saplings and raised...to be cut...and when they're cut they're replaced with another sapling. There is no abuse of earth this way, no ill side effects or byproducts. After the holiday season, my tree gets dragged into the woods behind my house to the area where I do my firewood...broken down into the pile of branches that go through the wood chipper..it's broken down into wood chips, where it composts back into the earth, to complete the cycle quite naturally.
    I see your point - I just think its easier, less maint and 1 tree for many many years than kill 1 each year but to each his own I reckon.

Ohh on another point of xmas phillip didn't turn on the snow machine yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post

Ohh on another point of xmas phillip didn't turn on the snow machine yet?
    that can be kept off as far as I am concerned,not worth the slowdown for me.

Good looking trees.

Here are the ones we put up.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tree.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	795Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	796
    Speedguide.... If you don't love Obama you won't like it here.
    Straight out the Trailer!
    Re.....Spect "walk"!

MacBook Pro 2.33Ghz, 3G of Ram, OS X

I haven't had a tree since the kids lived at home. In October, within 31 days, I was admitted to the hospital with 3 life threatening events. I wanted a tree this year. I got a little 4ft artificial and while it's not the prettiest thing on the planet, it's a Christmas tree!
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates