Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: did you get your tree yet ?

  1. #1
    Resident Atheist Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Orangevale ,Ca
    Posts
    18,682

    did you get your tree yet ?

    our house,
    .

    living room

    .
    my office

    .
    bedroom

    .
    bathroom

    .
    dining room

  2. #2
    Ohh Hell yeah.. Sava700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    24,052
    pretty - I use the same fake tree every year to save the planet - just add a few different decorations like a bow on top each year.

  3. #3
    SG Enthusiast Easto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    So. California
    Posts
    4,976
    Got ours today from Costco. I've never seen them sell them there before. Incredible deal, $45 and a bit over 8 foot tall! A really beautiful tree too! If we would have bought it from the place we usually buy from, this quality and size of tree would have been in the $120 range easily.

  4. #4
    resident Humboldt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Northern CA
    Posts
    27,824
    No tree this year.
    Actually, only 1 tree in the past 20 years, best Christmas ever, no need for one since then.

    Christmas is harsh for me.

    That said, your trees look awesome Dan
    Love the nut crackers in the last shot.
    Stocking for the pup?

  5. #5
    Moderator YeOldeStonecat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Posts
    50,900
    Went and got ours 2 weekends ago, cut down myself, at a local family farm in town.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

  6. #6
    Moderator YeOldeStonecat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Posts
    50,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    pretty - I use the same fake tree every year to save the planet - just add a few different decorations like a bow on top each year.
    Now, I have nothing against artificial trees. But...I can't see how a fake tree "saves the planet". It's manufactured, so along the line resources were taken from earth that are used in a way to never be put back into earth. Metal, plastic, rubber...factories that create waste. And one day you will die and someone will discard this tree into the garbage..into a town dump...where it will add to human refuse.

    Getting natural live trees....we're not going out into tropical rainforests or state parks and cutting down special trees that we're not replacing. Trees get raised at tree farms..they're planted as saplings and raised...to be cut...and when they're cut they're replaced with another sapling. There is no abuse of earth this way, no ill side effects or byproducts. After the holiday season, my tree gets dragged into the woods behind my house to the area where I do my firewood...broken down into the pile of branches that go through the wood chipper..it's broken down into wood chips, where it composts back into the earth, to complete the cycle quite naturally.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

  7. #7
    Ohh Hell yeah.. Sava700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    24,052
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    Now, I have nothing against artificial trees. But...I can't see how a fake tree "saves the planet". It's manufactured, so along the line resources were taken from earth that are used in a way to never be put back into earth. Metal, plastic, rubber...factories that create waste. And one day you will die and someone will discard this tree into the garbage..into a town dump...where it will add to human refuse.

    Getting natural live trees....we're not going out into tropical rainforests or state parks and cutting down special trees that we're not replacing. Trees get raised at tree farms..they're planted as saplings and raised...to be cut...and when they're cut they're replaced with another sapling. There is no abuse of earth this way, no ill side effects or byproducts. After the holiday season, my tree gets dragged into the woods behind my house to the area where I do my firewood...broken down into the pile of branches that go through the wood chipper..it's broken down into wood chips, where it composts back into the earth, to complete the cycle quite naturally.
    I see your point - I just think its easier, less maint and 1 tree for many many years than kill 1 each year but to each his own I reckon.

    Ohh on another point of xmas phillip didn't turn on the snow machine yet?

  8. #8
    Resident Atheist Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Orangevale ,Ca
    Posts
    18,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post

    Ohh on another point of xmas phillip didn't turn on the snow machine yet?
    that can be kept off as far as I am concerned,not worth the slowdown for me.

  9. #9
    TypicalWhitePerson JC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Single Wide
    Posts
    4,560
    Good looking trees.

    Here are the ones we put up.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tree.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	795Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	796
    Speedguide.... If you don't love Obama you won't like it here.
    Straight out the Trailer!
    Re.....Spect "walk"!

    MacBook Pro 2.33Ghz, 3G of Ram, OS X

  10. #10
    R.I.P. 2013-11-22 blebs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    North Canton, Ohio
    Posts
    12,819
    I haven't had a tree since the kids lived at home. In October, within 31 days, I was admitted to the hospital with 3 life threatening events. I wanted a tree this year. I got a little 4ft artificial and while it's not the prettiest thing on the planet, it's a Christmas tree!
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

Similar Threads

  1. Tree
    By cybotron r_9 in forum Digital Media and Photography
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-05-09, 01:11 PM
  2. Tree is up. What do you think?
    By MadDoctor in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-09-06, 09:28 AM
  3. A tree or not a tree, that is the question.
    By Debbie in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-26-06, 03:29 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-04-04, 08:04 PM
  5. If you were a tree what kind of tree would you be?
    By gmcd33 in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-17-01, 07:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •