Thread: Black Friday / Cyber Monday shopping anyone ?

Blog Entries

Black Friday / Cyber Monday shopping anyone ?

So, did anyone fight at the front lines for that $200 TV at Best Buy or what ?

I tried Newegg for a $199 Toshiba tablet but their website was inaccessible for 5 minutes and then they were sold out... Missed the Best Buy $250 Asus Eee transformer tablet as well. Ended up buying an Intel 320 SSD - 160GB for $154 after mail-in rebate (Newegg), and some 32GB SDHC so far.

What did you guys buy, if anything ?

sort of,we went to Lowes and got 11 6" poinsettias for .98 each,
    and at Fry's I got a MS Office 2010 Home & Student 3pc for $89.
    and staples had 50% off clearance items.

but then we did'nt leave the house til 9am LOL (no camping/midnight crap for us)
    Last edited by Dan; 11-25-11 at 05:40 PM.

I was checking NewEgg. Bought 1 monitor but the laptop deal $299 was sold out by the time I got to it. Seems to be some good prices on memory there too. By accident I did have to hit the local Home Depot which is next to a WalMart but it didn't seem bad at all. Actually the Home Depot seemed like normal weekend traffic before the economy took a dive.

I wanted to get a toshiba BRP that was half off for $40,but that was gone,I have a highend BRP,I just wanted the toshiba for NF,pandora,streaming,etc,etc,

but oh well,maybe next time.

Blog Entries
    I drove to a nearby Best Buy at midninght and it was crazy - two police cars blocking the entrance, and a line wrapping around the store all the way in the back of the plaza... I just turned around and went to bed.

blasting a deer shopping?

I tried to get a camera from Newegg, advertised price was 199.99 but when I added it to My cart it was 239.99. Waited almost an hour to talk to customer service they said the price in the cart is right nothing they can do. I have spent probably 10k plus at newegg in the past but now I'm done. I checked first thing yesterday morning and also last night and the price was still 199.99. F***Y** Newegg.

Newegg has been getting shady. So I suggest everyone use this site to track prices changes so you don't get screwed.

www.camelegg.com

In some instances, Newegg will raise prices, then put them on sale when in all actuality, the sale price is higher than their "normal" day to day price. This is a normal tactic by most retailers but Newegg didn't do it to the extent they are now. Amazon has been coming on strong lately as a real competitor to newegg.

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

I've always found that NE adjusts their prices depending on one thing or the other. I can be frustrating but I also don't want to shop something to death. If I "need" it, I'll go for what I would consider a fair price and buy it. When it's something I "want", then I just take my time and wait for my price to come around. It's really no big deal.

A lot of times it just depends on what's hot and what's not. I work for a company that delivers orders to NE (from all the major players). When one of them has overestimated the desirability of a particular item and it's just sitting on their warehouse floor... they cut a deal with NE. If NE can get their hands on it cheap, they'll sell cheap.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Coby Kyros 8" tablet for the 8yo daughter. Seemed to be a great quality/feature tablet for the entry level price, that segment of the market is usually really bad chinese knockoff tablets. Did some reading around reviews...found that Coby Kyros is a pretty decent mid-ranged tablet for an entry level price.

Starting to get me to want to snag a tablet.....dunno how useful it will actually end up being for me though, needing to do lots of remote work and typing.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

My mom got a Kindle Fire, it seems pretty neat. Amazon just needs to get more content on its app store.

Certified SG Addict
    Unless it's some esoteric computer part I need, I do all my online shopping with Amazon now. Prime is too inticing.

Quote Originally Posted by Burke View Post
    Unless it's some esoteric computer part I need, I do all my online shopping with Amazon now. Prime is too inticing.
    Even without Prime I've shopped alot at Amazon lately...the only issue I have with them is they have so many 3rd party vendors that I don't care for so I have to watch to make sure I trust/like them or its from Amazon themselves vs another vendor like Buy.com or newegg...I'd rather pay the extra $1 or whatever than worry about that 3rd party vendor even if it does go thru Amazon.