Thread: PayPal and/or NewEgg having issues?

Certified SG Addict

PayPal and/or NewEgg having issues?

I've been trying to buy a replacement laptop battery since yesterday evening. Tried to buy directly through Lenovo, but my (usually reliable) PayPal account would never go through.

I then found it for nearly half off at NewEgg; PayPal still didn't work, and when I tried a credit card, I get this:

Thank you for visiting Newegg.com. We are truly sorry for any inconvenience but we are currently experiencing problems on our server. Please try again at a later time. If you have any questions, please visit our FAQs or simply contact us and our helpful staff will alleviate any concerns you may have.

Anyone else been having trouble with either PayPal or NewEgg, or both in the past 12 hours or so?

I just logged into my PP account and it seems to be good.

I don't use paypal for newegg so I couldn't tell ya....but just logged into both accounts and all is well.

Certified SG Addict
    ******* me, I checked Amazon, found it cheaper, and with Prime I get it tomorrow for $4.00. Total is $8 cheaper than from NewEgg. Derp. Derp.

Quote Originally Posted by Burke View Post
    ******* me, I checked Amazon, found it cheaper, and with Prime I get it tomorrow for $4.00. Total is $8 cheaper than from NewEgg. Derp. Derp.
    yeah as much as I love newegg I do look at Amazon, buy.com etc etc..

Blog Entries
    There used to be a time when Newegg had the best prices consistently, not as much lately it seems.

Even though Newegg may not be the cheapest, they are just up the road from me (they have will call too) and I usually get everything delivered "next day".

Blog Entries
    Their delivery time, return policy and selection are great, just saying they're not always the greatest anymore with their pricing. Looking at their newsletter deals for Black Friday I couldn't find anything exciting so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    Their delivery time, return policy and selection are great, just saying they're not always the greatest anymore with their pricing. Looking at their newsletter deals for Black Friday I couldn't find anything exciting so far.
    Not only with NewEgg... I think everyone is overusing the term "sale". It use to mean something special, now it's just the term used meaning "we're selling something".

Quote Originally Posted by Easto View Post
    Not only with NewEgg... I think everyone is overusing the term "sale". It use to mean something special, now it's just the term used meaning "we're selling something".
    Well its a way to attract people... this nonsense with some stores opening up at midnight tomorrow night is just stupid - way to keep people from visiting family on Thanksgiving by forcing them to work late that night. I've decided to restrict unless I absolutely need something from any store opening up at midnight thursday till Jan1st just cause of it - May as well get rid of "Black Friday"

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    way to keep people from visiting family on Thanksgiving by forcing them to work late that night.
    Working holidays is often optional/sign up...and many people like that opportunity to make crazy overtime money. I worked a job where, if I worked on holidays, I would make double and a half time! Nobody "forced" me to do anything by holding a gun to my head. Getting fat overtime before XMas season was gravy!
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    Working holidays is often optional/sign up...and many people like that opportunity to make crazy overtime money. I worked a job where, if I worked on holidays, I would make double and a half time! Nobody "forced" me to do anything by holding a gun to my head. Getting fat overtime before XMas season was gravy!
    In many cases its being forced... if its optional then ok that's fine but the way things are now its either work or you are fired and in the current economic hell we are in you don't have a choice. Now you have people forced to give up valuable family time to open a store up at midnight which is only 5 hours short of the normal time they have been opening - damn shame if you ask me.