Thread: Nice little speed increase!

Emerald Triangle looking for EA and some trainwreck!

Nice little speed increase!

Just connected my whole home dvr and also just got my Docsis 3 speed increase. Its a Arris media gateway with built in wireless. Any way here are the new speeds!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1588508156.png 
Views:	82 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	791

Blog Entries
    "little" ? 50Mbps is sweet!
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑

Comcrap has yet to turn on DOCSIS 3.0 in my area.... I've been waiting for my damn modem lights to turn blue and channel bonding to hit for a year or longer now!

Yea little.lol. I had 15/2 before this and that was fast enough for me and my family but I will never turn down a free upgrade. To be honest though, I am more excited about the whole home dvr. Its the arris media gateway and it has six tuners and I have five media extenders. The new look and features of the guide is just what I have been waiting for.

My signal levels.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	signals.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	792

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Nice....
    Comcast has been cranking out the Doc 3 all over my area. Not long ago we put a 100/10 connection at a client of ours...it's freaking sick!
    Next month I'm doing another wide area network for a client of mine switching their sites from ATT to Comcast...can't wait...those VPN tunnels on Comcasts nice fat pipes will make those satellite offices feel like their on the main network at the central office.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

I'd love to see DOCSIS 3 hit here... I'd love to get a business package for say a 20/5 speeds with a dedicated IP# to run a few game servers on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    I'd love to see DOCSIS 3 hit here... I'd love to get a business package for say a 20/5 speeds with a dedicated IP# to run a few game servers on.
    If you're only looking for a 25/5 package...you don't need to wait for Docsis 3 for that.
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    If you're only looking for a 25/5 package...you don't need to wait for Docsis 3 for that.
    I know.. I'm on a 16/2 package now but I see speeds that way exceed that on tests which is great if they remain stable. I have a feeling from reading reviews on dslreports that once DOCSIS 3and channel bonding kicks in I'll see even more speeds for the package I pay for thus not having to spend more each month to get more.

This is pretty much based off of a lot of solid reviews of the turn on from all over the country.

Also keep in mind that I have a 16/2 package.. if you try to increase upload you may as well double the monthly bill which is crazy. I wish they would give you options to drop the download and raise the upload as that's more important to me in the long run.

They'll increase it as they bump up the nodes in your area. It's not really related to a Docsis directly...as even Docsis 1.0 supports faster downloads and uploads than you currently have...by quite a bit. Not to mention Docsis 2.0. It's just...since they're rolling out Docsis 3, they upgrade nodes in your area to support future growth and abilities of Doc3, and they sprinkle that added bandwidth around so current users see a perceived upgrade. Ultimately, your package is what it is...16/2 in your case. Additional speeds above that..just icing on the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    I know.. I'm on a 16/2 package now but I see speeds that way exceed that on tests which is great if they remain stable. I have a feeling from reading reviews on dslreports that once DOCSIS 3and channel bonding kicks in I'll see even more speeds for the package I pay for thus not having to spend more each month to get more.

This is pretty much based off of a lot of solid reviews of the turn on from all over the country.

Also keep in mind that I have a 16/2 package.. if you try to increase upload you may as well double the monthly bill which is crazy. I wish they would give you options to drop the download and raise the upload as that's more important to me in the long run.
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    They'll increase it as they bump up the nodes in your area. It's not really related to a Docsis directly...as even Docsis 1.0 supports faster downloads and uploads than you currently have...by quite a bit. Not to mention Docsis 2.0. It's just...since they're rolling out Docsis 3, they upgrade nodes in your area to support future growth and abilities of Doc3, and they sprinkle that added bandwidth around so current users see a perceived upgrade. Ultimately, your package is what it is...16/2 in your case. Additional speeds above that..just icing on the cake.
    That icing on the cake better get a lot thicker.... I'm losing patience after I keep getting told next week, next week, next week everytime I walk into the office they have here.

^ WTF are you doing that would even require those speeds (Inquiring minds would like to know)?

Quote Originally Posted by RaisinCain View Post
    ^ WTF are you doing that would even require those speeds (Inquiring minds would like to know)?
    Nothing he just wants more upload speed for the same price hes paying now cuz he has small business level needs(uploading to his website) and wants things to go faster than his current residential service provides.

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    Nothing he just wants more upload speed for the same price hes paying now cuz he has small business level needs(uploading to his website) and wants things to go faster than his current residential service provides.
    ehh that is some of it although I'm not really doing much with the site I have lately. I'm thinking of changing it up but I've been uploading a lot lately to other sources and working on scripts and so forth..the added upload would come in handy either way. Be nice to see them adjust the ratio more.

My speed test results!

so how do my results look
    i subscribe to 12Mbps? Centurylink

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg T Lopez View Post

so how do my results look
    i subscribe to 12Mbps? Centurylink
    Slow as *****.

No worries Sava. There is going to be FIBER in the area soon. They've already started. Comcrap and Embarq will need to step up their game in order to compete.

I should bring a D3 EMTA home to see if it's any better. Still not bad for a 3 year old modem and a cheap crapsys router.

USMC RETIRED

Steve

Tacoma Guitar Forum

Hi Greg,

We can help with your speed issues if you email us your account & contact numbers.

Thanks,

Corey Tidwell
    Centurylink Help Team
    talktous@centurylink.com