Thread: Weird Disconnects

Weird Disconnects

So i managed to get my full bandwidth - 6,250mb/s with some tweaks and updates (drivers). But now im facing these weird disconnects, randomly. Sometimes it works for hours, sometimes i get dc'ed twice in like 30mins. Steam gets always dc'ed, only sometimes i get dc'ed on browser and skype. I get reconnected after like 10secs - 2mins.

I'll post the only 2 events which are listed in my Eventlog.

Event Id : 8004
    Failed to register network adapter with the following settings:

Adapter Name: {A5A04108-1436-44E3-B201-4D02BBA77518}
    Host Name: Crack Farmer
    Adapter Specific Domain Suffix: box
    DNS server list:
    2A02: 2450: dd3f: 400f :: 10, 2A02: 2450: dd3f: 400f :: 11 62.117.1.25, 89.16.129.25
    Server to which the update is sent: <?>
    IP address (es):
    2A02: 2450: 10d0: 701: 1cba: 3fb3: 70c3: 6c1c, 192.168.0.2

This DNS registration failed because of a DNS server failure. Probable cause is a zone transfer, which blocks the DNS server for the applicable zone that your computer needs to register.

(The applicable zone should match the adapter-specific domain suffix specified above.) You can try to configure the network adapter and its settings manually, by typing in the command line "ipconfig / registerdns". Consult with respect to the network state of the network system administrator if the problem persists.

Event ID : 10016

By permission settings for "Computer Standard" the user "CRACK FARMER \ Crack Farmer" (SID: S-1-5-21-1845251820-934741517-3756181789-1001) at the address "localhost (using LRPC)" no authorization of type "local activation" for the COM Server application with CLSID
    {C2F03A33-21F5-47FA-B4BB-156362A2F239}
    and the APPID
    {316CDED5-E4AE-4B15-9113-7055D84DCC97}
    in the Application Container "Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_1.6.1.52_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy" (SID: S-1-15-2-1861897761-1695161497-2927542615-642690995-327840285-2659745135-2630312742) granted. The security permission can be modified using the management tool for Component Services.

Can some1 help me?

Edit : First one (8004) appears every 30mins. Lease in router is set for 3600. Im using Lan connection , cat 6 cable on 1.0gbit pci-e adapter. Router is 1000mbit/s too, ipv4 and ipv6 are supported and work.
    Only Firewall i use is the one from Windows. Router's Firewall is off for v4 and v6. Antivirus is Avira Free Antivirus.

The weird thing is that i did exactly the same settings on my GF's pc. Same driver, same settings, same cable. Same ISP (router). In her event log it doesnt appear. We both use win 10 x64 - she has pro, i use home.
    As anti spyware i use o&o shut up 10, same on my gf's pc, with same settings.
    I scanned for malware and adware with adwcleaner and my AV. Nothing.
    Did the netalzyr test, passed everywhere, no problems. Except one for the fragmented ipv6 travel. http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/re...9-4a6c-b6f1/rd
    Last edited by Sylencer; 05-31-16 at 05:35 PM. Reason: spoiler didnt work

Blog Entries
    The first error has to do with DNS, probably with the "Register this connection's addresses in DNS" setting under the Network Adapter Properties > TCP/IPv4 > DNS. I doubt any of those two event IDs will fix your connectivity issues.

Sounds like you are experiencing some issues either with the line from your ISP, or locally to you. To pinpoint the issue, I would first try to eliminate local issues, i.e. are you connecting wirelessly ? (try cable), are different client machines getting disconnected at the same time, does your modem appear to be connected ?

I would also check the diagnostics page on your cable/dsl modem, are the signal levels ok, is there a log that shows disconnects ? While experiencing the issue, also do a traceroute and see if it shows any lag spikes/packet loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    The first error has to do with DNS, probably with the "Register this connection's addresses in DNS" setting under the Network Adapter Properties > TCP/IPv4 > DNS. I doubt any of those two event IDs will fix your connectivity issues.

Sounds like you are experiencing some issues either with the line from your ISP, or locally to you. To pinpoint the issue, I would first try to eliminate local issues, i.e. are you connecting wirelessly ? (try cable), are different client machines getting disconnected at the same time, does your modem appear to be connected ?

I would also check the diagnostics page on your cable/dsl modem, are the signal levels ok, is there a log that shows disconnects ? While experiencing the issue, also do a traceroute and see if it shows any lag spikes/packet loss.
    umm so, my router seems fine. I just get dc'ed on this pc. Tried with my laptop with cable and wlan. Worked flawless. So it definitely it related to my Pc. It may is the isp, since my gf faced some of these issues too before, but less often.
    So i can ignore both of these events ? I didn't fcked with my dns, it's all automatically set. I called my isp some weeks ago regarding to that problem and they set up a log file for my whole traffic to track down the problem, they told me to traceroute when i face that dc but if i dc, the trace doesnt even pass step 1 xD. So i still think it's something on my end.

But what i saw is that the event triggered (8004), at every 30mins - the dc came, not every 30mins but like at 1 pm and at 2pm again, so every 2nd. Mostly it's on early afternoon, around 1-2 pm. Never had a dc on evening nor morning. Only at this time since like 2 days.

Blog Entries
    I would try a traceroute with an IP address instead of a domain when you are experiencing the issue... I.e. instead of: tracert speedguide.net do: tracert 68.67.73.20
    If the IP works, and not the domain, you are having DNS issues. Make sure the "DNS relay" is turned on in your router, you could also set it up manually in your network adapter if you want. You can even skip your ISP's DNS servers and use Google's DNS servers, for example.

I would try a traceroute with an IP address instead of a domain when you are experiencing the issue... I.e. instead of: tracert speedguide.net do: tracert 68.67.73.20
    If the IP works, and not the domain, you are having DNS issues. Make sure the "DNS relay" is turned on in your router, you could also set it up manually in your network adapter if you want. You can even skip your ISP's DNS servers and use Google's DNS servers, for example.
    Will try the traceroute.
    My router really isn't that configurable, it's pretty damn set already. I cannot change a damn thing inside that thing. Just the basic stuff like port forward-/trigger, ddns etc. Nothing DNS related.
    I tried setting the dns manually (the ipv4) didn't changed a thing. The google DNS's server brought me alot "dns_probe_no_internet" and stuff. Haven't tried setting my isp's ipv4 and ipv6 manually at the same time, but does that really matter since it takes the same stuff automatically.

The dc's on Steam still keep going but i didn't faced any problems on Skype, general browsing or other desktop applications like Discord.

Blog Entries
    I would also check for malware and disable any type of web filtering software you may be running, some software firewalls/antivirus solutions add a lot of load on the system. It may be prudent to also reset TCP/IP and Winsock if that is the only machine having the issues (the TCP Optimizer can do it, look in the "File" menu).
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑

I would also check for malware and disable any type of web filtering software you may be running, some software firewalls/antivirus solutions add a lot of load on the system. It may be prudent to also reset TCP/IP and Winsock if that is the only machine having the issues (the TCP Optimizer can do it, look in the "File" menu).
    Did the tcp/ip reset with adwcleaner + the scan itself (nothing malicious found). Removed everything related to spybot anti-beacon, resetted the hosts file and removed unnecessary firewall rules (also from spybot), went to O&O shutup 10. Now i don't have ANY more events, no dc's anymore. I solved my problems. Thanks for the help