Thread: so I'm out of the "smart phone" thing

so I'm out of the "smart phone" thing

I think the iPhone "novelty" just wore off,between my laptop & working from home,I realized that I really did'nt need all the iPhone stuff,so I dropped the data plan,I don't text anyway, and got this phone http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cel...SGH-A847ZAAATT and so far I really really like it.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    I'm liking Samsungs phones lately.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

I have a Blackberry Bold. It's supplied by my work. It's mostly in place for after hour problems and calls on the weekend. I text my wife about 3 times a day and that's about it. I've used the internet connection about twice. If all it did was make phone calls that would be fine by me.

I've had no problem resisting a smartphone. My family bill is already crazy high having 2 Daughters with them. A guy at work just got one and he lives on that thing. Constantly showing me a new "App". I did have data on my work phone for a while and the only thing I ever did was check weather and scores. Comcast cut the service to save money. They are only a 50 billion dollar company you know, can't waste!
    USMC RETIRED

Steve

Tacoma Guitar Forum

Don't have a cell phone, but if I did, I would go droid, I hear the i stuff no like flash?

I love My iphone, But I don't have or need data on it. Everywhere I go I have Wifi.

I think the iPhone "novelty" just wore off,between my laptop & working from home,I realized that I really did'nt need all the iPhone stuff,so I dropped the data plan,I don't text anyway,
    same here, I got this one:
    http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cel...SCH-U310ZNAVZW
    No one has any right to force data on you
    and command you to believe it or else.
    If it is not true for you, it isn't true.

LRH

As much as I'd like to go to something like the Droid Bionic I can't justify the amount they want for the sucker (verizon) AND now they don't offer Unlimited data instead its about 2 gigs a month for $30 and I just think the apps that I would prob install plus the time I'd end up using it may run over that quickly so I just can't see myself doing it yet.

The phone needs to come down A LOT first!

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    As much as I'd like to go to something like the Droid Bionic I can't justify the amount they want for the sucker (verizon)
    That Bionic rocks! So dang fast. I just got my Samsung Charge like...less than 3 months ago, but I may swap out for the Bionic depending on my mood the next time I drive past the Verizon store.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    That Bionic rocks! So dang fast. I just got my Samsung Charge like...less than 3 months ago, but I may swap out for the Bionic depending on my mood the next time I drive past the Verizon store.
    I've read mixed reviews on it but most seem to be positive so yeah if they come down in price I'll grab one.... just still unsure about the data plan of 2gigs/$30month I don't browse the net much on my current phone but the apps may suck it up so I'd have to research it more to see whats best.

If I were to return to a smart phone I'd get this Samsung:
    http://www.samsung.com/global/microsite/galaxys2/html/
    No one has any right to force data on you
    and command you to believe it or else.
    If it is not true for you, it isn't true.

LRH

I heard apple inc took ahit today?, not my doing, but if i WAS A STOCK OPTION HOLDER WITH ALLERGIES...HMMM

Just purchased the Motorola Photon 4G. It arrives tomorrow.

Viewsonic V350. Android 2.2. Dual Sim. brushed aluminum frame. Not the fastest or shiniest, but you try finding a dual sim android phone. It's more of a niche market for international travelers or people who have work and personal sim cards but don't want to carry two phones.

Regards,
    -Bouncer-

I bought my iphone because I don't have a computer at home at this time. I needed a new phone, so I killed two birds with one stone. The monthly cost of having both iphone and a computer/with internet at home would be a lot more. I am happy with what I have.

I'll wait until I can get one with Ice Cream Sandwich pre-installed or I might just get a WP7. Not sure at this point.

A+, Security+, Mobility+ Shinobi's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisinCain View Post
    I'll wait until I can get one with Ice Cream Sandwich pre-installed or I might just get a WP7. Not sure at this point.
    Here you go...
    Name:  ice-cream-sandwich-android.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  10.5 KB