Thread: Iran to park warships off Atlantic Coast

Iran to park warships off Atlantic Coast

http://www.cnn.com/2011/09/27/world/...html?hpt=hp_t2

Time to put my tinfoil hat on... park that sucker 12miles off the Virginia coast...nice way to ensure you can shove a nuke our way without needing ICBM's.

Iran plans to send ships near the Atlantic coast of the United States, state-run Islamic Republic News Agency reported Tuesday, quoting a commander.

"The Navy of the Iranian Army will have a powerful presence near the United States borders," read the headline of the story, in Farsi.

"Commander of the Navy of the Army of the Islamic Republic of Iran broke the news about the plans for the presence of this force in the Atlantic Ocean and said that the same way that the world arrogant power is present near our marine borders, we, with the help of our sailors who follow the concept of the supreme jurisprudence, shall also establish a powerful presence near the marine borders of the United States," the story said. The reference to the "world arrogant power" was presumably intended to refer to the United States.

IRNA cited the force's website as saying that the announcement was made by Adm. Habibollah Sayari on the 31st anniversary of the Iran-Iraq war.

State-run Press TV said Sayari had announced similar plans in July. In February, two Iranian Navy ships traversed the Suez Canal in the first such voyages by Iranian ships since 1979.

U.S. Defense Department officials had no immediate reaction to Tuesday's announcement. The United States has deployed fleets to the Persian Gulf in the past.

Doesn't look like that'd leave too many to spare.
    http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...iran/ships.htm..

That would take some balls.

I would love to see those dirtbags try this and then watch the live news coverage as they get turned to shark bait.
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    They’re probably doing it just to prove to use they can. Also to instill fear in whoever they can.

I see no problem with it, they can park any place they like. We could use the target practice.
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Well..the sub fleet based out of the Groton CT base (15 minutes from me) will have some fun.
    Wouldn't have expected Iran to have any Naval vessels capable of crossing the Atlantic..kinda like someone going to one of Michael Vicks dog fights wit ha chihuahua lol.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Somali pirates will probably hijack their ship before it gets over here...LOL
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Wow...first ship arrived...I'm scared! ...LOL

Name:  balseros1.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  81.1 KB
    Guinness for Strength!!!

We just need to send some tittie-torpedoes and a giant whirpool will devour their subs.
    Feelings about religion: I believe in a dogma-free personal Prime Mover.

Should be interesting now.... park a few warships off the east coast within 20miles of DC and load them with a ton of these!!!!!

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/...html?tag=stack

TEHRAN, Iran - Iran said Wednesday it has begun large-scale production of a domestically-developed cruise missile designed for sea-based targets and capable of destroying warships.

Defense Minister Gen. Ahmad Vahidi said an unspecified number of the missiles, called "Ghader," or "Capable" in Farsi, were delivered to the Iranian military and the powerful Revolutionary Guard's naval division, which is assigned to protect Iran's sea borders.

The announcement came as Iran's naval commander was quoted as saying the Islamic Republic would deploy warships to the Pacific, off the U.S. west coast, as retaliation for the American naval presence in the Persian Gulf.
    Vahidi said the new cruise missiles, which have a range of 124 miles, can travel at low altitudes and "can sink giant warships." The comments appeared to suggest that the new missile could potentially counter the U.S. naval presence in the Persian Gulf.

I'm calling BS. They can't be THAT stupid.

First statement: "Iran plans to send ships near the Atlantic coast of the United States, state-run Islamic Republic News Agency reported Tuesday, quoting a commander."

His second statement "The announcement came as Iran's naval commander was quoted as saying the Islamic Republic would deploy warships to the Pacific, off the U.S. west coast, as retaliation for the American naval presence in the Persian Gulf."

Atlantic...Pacific...which one? Make up your mind!
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post

Atlantic...Pacific...which one? Make up your mind!
    lol maybe they don't know which I guess for them which ever is cheaper!

A+, Security+, Mobility+ Shinobi's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    Well..the sub fleet based out of the Groton CT base (15 minutes from me) will have some fun.

Correct... and I'm glad that base did not close a few years ago

This is pure comedy at it's finiest. Bring em on, we'll eat em up.
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

Pure BS. Just more propaganda from the media.

Blog Entries
    ------
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    LOL thats what I was thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilog B
    Loading the dishwasher at brembo's house means bringing the fiancee a sixpack home.