Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TCP Optimizer version 3.0.8 released

My very, very major congratulations to whoever provided this little gem of a program.

I use wireless broadband on a Win XP home 32 bits computer. My download speed has been around 6 Mbits/s, while the service provider claims I should be getting much more. I tried resetting the TCP/IP stack using the netsh command which did not help.

Just now I DL'ed and ran your gem using 20 Mbits/s and optimize. Download speed as around 21 Mbits/s. As we say in Swedish, Du är helt enkelt ett geni! Stort tack!

will this also work on windows 8 x64?

I would include that other things can cause your internet to be slow or cause latency. Possible bad wires, modem, router, spyware/malware/virus, can and will cause issues with your internet speed. These things should be ruled out before trying to tweak your settings.

I have cable internet, and I did get a slight increase just by applying optimal settings. It did how ever cause the upload speed to decrease. I don't really need to tweak my settings, just would like to understand the program and help others.

TCP Optimizer version 3.0.8 maybe not working with windows 8.................

Although they have updated TCP Optimizer to v3.0.8 which has helped with the differences introduced by Windows 7 SP1 & to some part the differences brought by IE 11. Here is what I've found out as to the problem with Windows 8. Where the earlier versions of Windows used TCP/network settings which applied to all programs, even if they are stored as virtual, Windows 8 now has the settings in multiple locations (an extension of Windows 7 & Vista's per user Virtualization). Each setting now has it's own location & has separate settings for each program. TCP Optimizer which works with system wide & virtual settings, doesn't have the ability to track down the now separate per program settings. Windows 8 ignores all general settings if it has settings for the program itself, so yes the changes are made to the registry, but Windows 8 ignores them.

Hello, i need help. there a tweaks at the Windows 7, Vista, 2008 Tweaks. My question is, is the tweaks the same as using SG TCP Optimizer? will there be any slight changes if using one of the methods?

This program needs some updates, like; Dial-UP RAS MTU or TCP Receive Window, like in Dr. TCP !
    Why those are not present ? It is a very helpful tool but it needs a little improve to actual windows 7 and 8.1 !

Why this site shows my MTU 1440 if my Router is set with 1500 ? in windows registry is set 1500 even loopback

Idx Met MTU State Name
    --- ---------- ---------- ------------ -----------------------
    1 50 1500 connected Loopback Pseudo-Interfa
    11 20 1500 connected Local Area Connection

what is the problem with that and what can I do to improve it ?

Blog Entries
    The program changes the TCP Receive Window on OSes that suppor it.
    Your ISP, or the protocols used may change the MTU that is on your end, i.e. your registry/router - the Analyzer shows what your end advertises when connecting to our server, this is the MTU that actually reaches servers.

I notice the documentation was never updated. It doesn't mention what most settings under the General Settings tab do :/

If someone could explain the settings, that'd be brilliant!
    Last edited by Nicholas Steel; 03-02-14 at 09:50 PM.

It would be nice at least to be explained for each windows in part !

Quote Originally Posted by meteora25 View Post
    Hello, i need help. there a tweaks at the Windows 7, Vista, 2008 Tweaks. My question is, is the tweaks the same as using SG TCP Optimizer? will there be any slight changes if using one of the methods?
    Most of the settings (tweaks) are well know & can be found all over the net. What SG TCP Optimizer does is bring all of them to one place & allows you to make changes, while keeping a backup of the setting, each step of the way. This allows you to try the included "tweaks" & to try other custom "tweaks" to see which works best for you.

Also remember, while the "tweaks" may work for most people, they may not be the answer to all problems, filtering software, antivirus software, out of date drivers & out of date browser plug-ins, can still cripple your internet experience.

Something is wrong with Optimizer 3.0.8 ...
    Even is set in the registry connections per server, The Optimizer don't recognize that in windows 7 SP1 ultimate x64!
    Why is that ?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN\FeatureControl\FEATURE_MAXCONNECTIONSPER1_0SERVER]
    "explorer.exe"=dword:00000008

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN\FeatureControl\FEATURE_MAXCONNECTIONSPERSERVER]

If I will modify registry, optimizer will not recognize it! because of what ?

Quote Originally Posted by KEiGHT View Post
    Something is wrong with Optimizer 3.0.8 ...
    Even is set in the registry connections per server, The Optimizer don't recognize that in windows 7 SP1 ultimate x64!
    Why is that ?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN\FeatureControl\FEATURE_MAXCONNECTIONSPER1_0SERVER]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN\FeatureControl\FEATURE_MAXCONNECTIONSPERSERVER]

If I will modify registry, optimizer will not recognize it! because of what ?
    That would be, since you're using x64 Windows, The Optimizer is using these keys for those settings.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN\FeatureControl\FEATURE_MAXCONNECTIONSPER1_0SERVER

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN\FeatureControl\FEATURE_MAXCONNECTIONSPERSERVER

Thanks Riza !

the question is; what explorer.exe is that in Windows 7 ? as far as I know there must be set another things ;
    like iexplore.exe of this registry settings;

"explorer.exe"=dword:00000010
    "iexplore.exe"=dword:00000010

"iexplore.exe"=dword:00000008
    Last edited by KEiGHT; 06-05-14 at 03:02 AM.
    Every man has his destiny.

Cool Mismatch MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server

look at this picture ! both are inverse in Optimizer when is in Apply function on Windows 7 x64!
    Last edited by KEiGHT; 06-10-14 at 02:04 PM.

please update the documentation!

Another BUG in TCP Optimizer !

The program saves NonBestEfforLimit instead of NonBestEffortLimit for Windows 7 x64

missing a letter, T here^

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Psched]
    "NonBestEffortLimit"=dword:00000000
    Last edited by KEiGHT; 02-08-15 at 03:31 PM.

Blog Entries
    We have released the beta version of SG TCP Optimizer 4.0, so this thread is deprecated. Please report any remaining bugs and post comments in the new TCP Optimizer 4.0 thread here:

http://forums.speedguide.net/showthr...all-supported)