Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Irene

Quote Originally Posted by cybotron r_9 View Post

full moon affecting the weather?
    more

http://imageshack.us/clip/my-videos/820/60r.mp4/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47GV8...layer_embedded

raining here. must be the quickies Catman spoke about. Got to get in the yard and secure stuff.

on a serious note, hey Eric Fisher and all you other weather reporters, go inside and stfu already.........

Oh yeah, because you're wearing gay ass goggles and a rain suit it's safe to stand in the way of flying debris......

Well, I got all the possible projectiles tied down and I tarped over my garbage can bin, I dont want to here the cover slamming against the house all day. Next is a quick trip to the store for a quick couple of supplies (booze, half and half & beer)

It hit us in mid CT as a tropical storm, knocked power out as any storm seems to, other than that it just dropped a lot of leaves.

We were fine but across town did not do well...

About 7 blocks from my house

Harbor Patrol house by Hudson Park Beach. This is the beach I used to go to as a kid. It is about a mile from my house.

Pier at Hudson park beach. The first bench to the left is where I used to hang out when I brought my son.

Pier almost covered. Tiki Bar to the right.

Goodbye Tiki Bar

Another one is kicking up..this one is making a straight line to the East Coast...

Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    Another one is kicking up..this one is making a straight line to the East Coast...
    Jose is weakening. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44311167.../#.Tlz0Sl0Z8UM

F U C K Irene.
    Kinky is using a feather.
    Perverted is using the whole chicken.

I read that it is too soon to give an exact projection of the path. I am not going to worry about it until it gets close to Bermuda.

My E-kit is packed and ready. :P

My area got hit very hard. The videos and images I'm seeing on the local news are devastating. One town up here in the Catskills was literally washed away!
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

Debbie, glad to hear you're OK, I have been waiting for someone to post some pics.

Quote Originally Posted by CableDude View Post
    I know a girl named Irene.
    Saw said girl today, she is cute.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Good grief...kicked the snot out of the shoreline. We're not going to see power for another several days. Borrowed a 5k generator and got my kitchen lit up, as well as my firewall and U-Verse box, so finally as of this evening have internet and TV.

So many huge trees knocked over, lines on the street everywhere. Internet and cable TV widespread knocked out. Cell towers running at less than 50%...many areas not able to get 3G/4G data...just pure cell.

However, feel lucky compared to our more nothern neighbors in VT and NY...wow, so sad to see what happened up there. Rivers overflowing...setting all time records, washing away towns, washing away some of the few remaining historical covered bridges. People having their homes washed away, towns flooded badly with historical buildings....very sad. Amazing to see that happen from one, blowing away records set from even heavy spring flooding from the snow/ice meltoffs. Saw one video of a lady filming her backyard...above ground swimming pool. Flood came in so fast, covered her backyard..and rose to a depth to hit the top of her above ground pool...IN ONE HOUR! What...3.5 to 4.0 feet? WOW!

I'm tired of no power..and now just limited generator power. Tired of taking ice cold showers. But it can't compare to losing homes and towns.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    Good grief...kicked the snot out of the shoreline. We're not going to see power for another several days. Borrowed a 5k generator and got my kitchen lit up, as well as my firewall and U-Verse box, so finally as of this evening have internet and TV.

So many huge trees knocked over, lines on the street everywhere. Internet and cable TV widespread knocked out. Cell towers running at less than 50%...many areas not able to get 3G/4G data...just pure cell.

However, feel lucky compared to our more nothern neighbors in VT and NY...wow, so sad to see what happened up there. Rivers overflowing...setting all time records, washing away towns, washing away some of the few remaining historical covered bridges. People having their homes washed away, towns flooded badly with historical buildings....very sad. Amazing to see that happen from one, blowing away records set from even heavy spring flooding from the snow/ice meltoffs. Saw one video of a lady filming her backyard...above ground swimming pool. Flood came in so fast, covered her backyard..and rose to a depth to hit the top of her above ground pool...IN ONE HOUR! What...3.5 to 4.0 feet? WOW!

I'm tired of no power..and now just limited generator power. Tired of taking ice cold showers. But it can't compare to losing homes and towns.
    ugh. Glad you guys are safe at least.
    "Nobody's invincible, no plan is foolproof, We all must meet our moment of truth." - Guru

Yep looks like Katia is cooking up a big one!

In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    Quote Originally Posted by chimdogger View Post
    F U C K Irene.
    I feel the same way about Katrina. What really sucks is the electricity being out and for some people the high water. You just can't properly evacuate a big city, just imagine the traffic jam if they made a mandatory evac for NYC and what about the loads of people who don't own cars?

OOOF what a fuster cluck.
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
    I read that it is too soon to give an exact projection of the path. I am not going to worry about it until it gets close to Bermuda.

My E-kit is packed and ready. :P
    Do you own a car? If not how would you leave?
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................