Thread: Fatal hardware failure

Question Fatal hardware failure

Hello guys

I'm getting frustrated, I can't install windows 7x64 due BSOD 0x00000124 error

Windows is genuine and activated right after I install ethernet drivers.

I looked at MS knowledge base and it says there is something wrong with my hardware.

So far I did mem test corsair vengeance 4x4gb (13 hours 0 errors) got rid off PCIx revodrive and got new corsair force 3 series SSD in raid 0, changed videocard, and the only items left are mobo, psu and cpu.

When I try to install the OS on sata2 HDD it works fine (i'm able to install the OS but unable to get to the dump files) but 1-5 minuts later (windows update or installing drivers) I get exactly same error message.

Psu is Corsair 1000 watt approx 18 months old, Cpu and mobo are 2 months old (socket 1155).

Tomorrow I'm getting replacement motherboard (Z68x chipset as well this time it will be Asus), also I reseated everything, removed all internal HDD's, updated my gigabyte bios to version F8, air compressed the motherboard and case to remove all the dust, I think it could be motherboard (broken capacitor or corrupted bios?) or faulty PSU ? I doubt it's the cpu but you never know.

Also airflow is fine, mobo temperature is in 35 degree celsia range, cpu temperature is 31 degree celsia (idle).

I got the BSOD error out of the blue, no overclocking.

Any idea what else it could be ?

Thanks
    To be human is to choose.

It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

- Emiliano Zapata

I'm leaning towards Motherboard... sounds like Win7 just doesn't like the current one you have with some sort of setting in the Bios ..compat issue with hardware on the board like memory too..

Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    I'm leaning towards Motherboard... sounds like Win7 just doesn't like the current one you have with some sort of setting in the Bios ..compat issue with hardware on the board like memory too..
    That's what I think too but it was working for 1+ month and RAM is on QVL.

I knew I should stay away from Gigabyte

- Emiliano Zapata

Venge This!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivas View Post
    Hello guys

I'm getting frustrated, I can't install windows 7x64 due BSOD 0x00000124 error

Windows is genuine and activated right after I install ethernet drivers.

I looked at MS knowledge base and it says there is something wrong with my hardware.

So far I did mem test corsair vengeance 4x4gb (13 hours 0 errors) got rid off PCIx revodrive and got new corsair force 3 series SSD in raid 0, changed videocard, and the only items left are mobo, psu and cpu.

When I try to install the OS on sata2 HDD it works fine (i'm able to install the OS but unable to get to the dump files) but 1-5 minuts later (windows update or installing drivers) I get exactly same error message.

Psu is Corsair 1000 watt approx 18 months old, Cpu and mobo are 2 months old (socket 1155).

Tomorrow I'm getting replacement motherboard (Z68x chipset as well this time it will be Asus), also I reseated everything, removed all internal HDD's, updated my gigabyte bios to version F8, air compressed the motherboard and case to remove all the dust, I think it could be motherboard (broken capacitor or corrupted bios?) or faulty PSU ? I doubt it's the cpu but you never know.

Also airflow is fine, mobo temperature is in 35 degree celsia range, cpu temperature is 31 degree celsia (idle).

I got the BSOD error out of the blue, no overclocking.

Any idea what else it could be ?

Thanks

Strange because the 0x00000124 stop error is usually due to overclocking. I would bet its a faulty motherboard. Gigabyte quality has been slipping with the Z68 series.
    Rob

Can you give the complete error code, including what is in the parenthesis?
    Have you checked all of your BIOS settings? I recall reading that if 32-Bit Disk Access was turned off in Bios and changing that to ‘enabled’ stopped the problems...
    Also sound devices (onboard or card) have had fingers pointed at...
    What chipset is on your board?
    This doesn't seem like it, but it could be a power issue, psu not giving enough for a particular voltage, or even power coming to your house. Do you use a battery backup? Have you verified the voltages are OK?
    Verify that your RAM voltage is set to the correct setting. The manufacturer should tell what voltage it uses. Be sure it is set to matching voltage in BIOS.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Can you give the complete error code, including what is in the parenthesis?
    Have you checked all of your BIOS settings? I recall reading that if 32-Bit Disk Access was turned off in Bios and changing that to ‘enabled’ stopped the problems...
    Also sound devices (onboard or card) have had fingers pointed at...
    What chipset is on your board?
    This doesn't seem like it, but it could be a power issue, psu not giving enough for a particular voltage, or even power coming to your house. Do you use a battery backup? Have you verified the voltages are OK?
    Verify that your RAM voltage is set to the correct setting. The manufacturer should tell what voltage it uses. Be sure it is set to matching voltage in BIOS.

It was PSU, damn Corsair, didn't bother RMA it, bought different brand and stronger.
    I could give you the dump file back then but it's fixed now.

And BSOD 0x00000124 is not due overclocking, when the overclock is incorrect it will shut your computer down and load default Bios.

- Emiliano Zapata