Thread: How many installed wi-fi internet adapters on one computer?

How many installed wi-fi internet adapters on one computer?

How many wifi internet adapters can be installed at the same time on one computer? Will the installations interfere with eachother?

I had a "Wireless G card" of Linksys a few years ago and I used it on a laptop (someone else installed it). I never uninstalled it. Then several months ago, I bought and installed a Belkin usb-connectable type N adapter on the same computer, and it has been working very well. I just wonder if we could also try another brand and model of wireless adapter, and then be able to use either at any time, like in case one day, one of them stops working or goes bad.

I really do not remember all of the choices I made when I firt installed the Belkin adapter, so I have no idea if the computer itself needed to be configured as to use one and only one wireless adapter.

http://forums.speedguide.net/showthr...l-and-external I wondered about that too, seems if if you go into device manager and disable one should be able to use another with no conflict.

Windows will list all of the adapters and the available SSID's. Pick an adapter and use it. No need to disable any of them.

I kept having IP conflict warnings if I did not disable the internal one when using the USB one with my laptop. Also would randomly switch between them with both on sometimes connecting me to a neighbor, was alright if they happened to have internet access but some didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by mspl View Post
    I kept having IP conflict warnings if I did not disable the internal one when using the USB one with my laptop. Also would randomly switch between them with both on sometimes connecting me to a neighbor, was alright if they happened to have internet access but some didn't.
    Use one adapter to connect and turn off the automatic connection setting for the others. Either that or remove all but one adapter.

The whole list of all attached adapters will be shown, we can randomly choose any one of the all available ones and can use it as such their are no boundation.