Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Video card needed

YOSC offered you a card or two, why not take him up on this offer?

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by CableDude View Post
    YOSC offered you a card or two, why not take him up on this offer?
    I just might do that. Cat, do you have any cards that are low in wattage as my PSU cant exceed 193W? Or can I use a card that is a little higher in watts and still be ok? Please let me know.

thx
    Last edited by 24giovanni; 06-03-11 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 24giovanni View Post
    It was built by 3rd party that I bought from the school I attended at the time. So how can I tell if card will work or not plz?
    I do NOT have any idea if the card will work or not cause I have no idea what type of computer you have..... Ok let me try to figure this out...can you go to google or some place and find one similar to it and post it??

Can I use that card as psu cant exceed 193W and that card says 300W? Like I said, this PC is only gonna be used for net + downloading and is a secondary PC so it wont be used much.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817174022

Also this is the power supply you gave me a model # of which clearly states it has a max output of 400watts, so where are you getting 193 watt limits?

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    I do NOT have any idea if the card will work or not cause I have no idea what type of computer you have..... Ok let me try to figure this out...can you go to google or some place and find one similar to it and post it??

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817174022

Also this is the power supply you gave me a model # of which clearly states it has a max output of 400watts, so where are you getting 193 watt limits?
    Read on psu label where it stated +5v & +3.3v shouldn't exceed 193W so I assumed it was that. This will be going into normal size tower. So the card I was asking about should be fine? Please let me know. Also, I have never dealt with rebates before, do they really refund you the money as 1 site said I might have issues getting it and will be paying the whole price.

Sava, what specs \do you need and I will try and get the answers you need.

thx

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Read on psu label where it stated +5v & +3.3v shouldn't exceed 193W so I assumed it was that.
    thx
    The power supply cannot feed a demand greater than 193w...that's what the power supply is rated for. You can always replace it with a larger power supply. However, shouldn't need a larger power supply with a basic video card. If all you do is surf with that computer, don't worry about getting a heavyweight video card. Like I said earlier...heck you can get by with a very basic 2 meg video card from 10 years ago if all you do is surf the web lightly. If you get some fancier video card...yes you'll need a higher capacity power supply to feed it..and ...if you're just doing basic stuff on it...why go through all that?
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    The power supply cannot feed a demand greater than 193w...that's what the power supply is rated for. You can always replace it with a larger power supply. However, shouldn't need a larger power supply with a basic video card. If all you do is surf with that computer, don't worry about getting a heavyweight video card. Like I said earlier...heck you can get by with a very basic 2 meg video card from 10 years ago if all you do is surf the web lightly. If you get some fancier video card...yes you'll need a higher capacity power supply to feed it..and ...if you're just doing basic stuff on it...why go through all that?

Cat, Do you have any low wattage cards that you could send me and I will pay you for it and cheapest postage? Sorry, short on funds ATM. I live in South Massachusetts. The card will be going into a tower BTW.

Read on psu label where it stated +5v & +3.3v shouldn't exceed 193W so I assumed it was that. This will be going into normal size tower. So the card I was asking about should be fine? Please let me know. Also, I have never dealt with rebates before, do they really refund you the money as 1 site said I might have issues getting it and will be paying the whole price.

Sava, what specs \do you need and I will try and get the answers you need.

thx
    That card should be fine with that power supply as you've posted. As for the rebates most are giving out pre-paid debit/credit cards instead of checks but still some are doing checks, it just takes a few weeks to process as long as you follow the directions they say fully.

Post a picture of a similar computer from say searching on google... cause a "normal size tower" could be anything but I'm assuming..and I mean ASSUMING it's a normal ATX case..

this is a low profile case

SG Enthusiast
    Similar to this as the side panel slides off for access http://sanantonio.olx.com/dell-dimen...0-iid-10006905

Similar to this as the side panel slides off for access http://sanantonio.olx.com/dell-dimen...0-iid-10006905
    ok then that card will work fine for that computer... anything will work and if you're not gaming then just get something cheap with good reviews and don't worry about it.

I like small form factors.

SG Enthusiast
    I like small form factors.

Your last girlfriend must of had the same feeling when you 2 were making love. LOL kidding CD.

Lol.

SG Enthusiast
    Lol.
    Just kidding bud. Hope I wasn't offensive. Sorry if so.

Just kidding bud. Hope I wasn't offensive. Sorry if so.
    No offense taken.

Blog Entries
    I may have missed the notation in a previous post, but the black slot in the photo appears to be AGP.

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

SG Enthusiast
    Brand new video card was working fine for few days and now it is not working again. What could be causing this?

thx

What video card?

SG Enthusiast
    What video card?
    brand new one I just put in http://www.microcenter.com/single_pr...uct_id=0345523 turned PC on and off about 4 times and no video. Left PC unplugged for a few hours then it booted up with video. PC has been a POS since I bought it from school I attended. Thank god it is secondary PC now.

brand new one I just put in http://www.microcenter.com/single_pr...uct_id=0345523 turned PC on and off about 4 times and no video. Left PC unplugged for a few hours then it booted up with video. PC has been a POS since I bought it from school I attended. Thank god it is secondary PC now.
    Reseat the card? Connection for monitor plugged in good? Does it show video on post of bios or anything?

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    Connection for monitor plugged in good?
    They connection from the PC to the card weren't as tight as I thought it was. thx
    Last edited by 24giovanni; 06-12-11 at 08:01 PM.