Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Video card needed

SG Enthusiast
    Just so I know it is surely my video card. I had a monitor plugged into this PC and received no picture what so ever but I am using this monitor on another PC without issues. Before I was using it on the original PC, there was nothing wrong with the PC other than something messing up with it since I bought it from my school which iswhy it is a secondary PC now. Should I assume it is video card?

thx

Quote Originally Posted by 24giovanni View Post
    Cat, When you say $20 or under thats what I am talking about for a secondary PC that will hardly be used.
    You may be able to spot a deal once in a while but as I said before.. a DECENT card will cost you about $40 or so bucks and unless you have a fan inside aiming at it I would get one with a cooling fan on the card. I bought one for a guy PCI card for the same reason, old computer but needed one and I got him one for around $40-$50 with the cooling fan and it worked awesome and should last a good while. No sense in going cheap for something you may still use a few years.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    You may be able to spot a deal once in a while but as I said before.. a DECENT card will cost you about $40 or so bucks and unless you have a fan inside aiming at it I would get one with a cooling fan on the card. I bought one for a guy PCI card for the same reason, old computer but needed one and I got him one for around $40-$50 with the cooling fan and it worked awesome and should last a good while. No sense in going cheap for something you may still use a few years.
    He had onboard Intel sludge....unless he digs up some 15 year old S3 Virge with 2 megs of onboard video PCI video card....pretty much ANYthing will be a massive upgrade. And heck..even the old S3 Virge with 2 megs vram will work for just plain web surfing.

That card I linked on the specials for 9.99...it was an nVidia based evga card with 512 megs, geforce 7200 or 9200 or something.

What state you live in? If you're close, may be worth..I got a pile of various cards...you pay the shipping and 10 bucks after you receive it and it works...and you can have one. Some ATI based OEM cards, full height and half height.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

SG Enthusiast
    Cat or Sava, Will this work on my board? http://www.microcenter.com/single_pr...uct_id=0345523

Cat or Sava, Will this work on my board? http://www.microcenter.com/single_pr...uct_id=0345523
    Yeah that's not a bad card... cheaper here after you do the rebate - make sure the power consumption is ok for the power supply you have or else you will have another issue.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814162053

SG Enthusiast
    Yeah that's not a bad card... cheaper here after you do the rebate - make sure the power consumption is ok for the power supply you have or else you will have another issue.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814162053
    How can i tell Sava? So u thinkit is a decent card for surfing the net?

Do they have to give rebate?
    Last edited by 24giovanni; 06-02-11 at 08:27 PM.

What is your Power Supply?

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by CableDude View Post
    What is your Power Supply?
    No idea. As i cant use s/w to see whats in it.

That's a low profile card, I asked earlier in the thread if you have a low profile chassis or a standard. Don't think I saw that answered yet. If you have a chassis that takes full height cards...a half height won't fit. And visa versa.
    Guinness for Strength!!!

No idea. As i cant use s/w to see whats in it.
    Can you crack the case open and ....look?
    Guinness for Strength!!!

How can i tell Sava? So u thinkit is a decent card for surfing the net?

Do they have to give rebate?
    yeah I think it's a decent card for even some good gaming but yeah now I'm curious as to what Stonecat asked..is this a low profile case system or a full ATX case? Can you take a picture of computer?

As for the power supply it should have a sticker on it staying specs.. and as long as you follow the guidelines exactly as listed for the rebate you should get it. I've gotten two 1 from eVGA and another from Galaxy in the last few weeks from buying stuff through newegg and using the rebates.

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    That's a low profile card, I asked earlier in the thread if you have a low profile chassis or a standard. Don't think I saw that answered yet. If you have a chassis that takes full height cards...a half height won't fit. And visa versa.
    How do I tell as I have no Idea? Plz clue me in Cat.

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    Can you crack the case open and ....look?
    It is a Hipro model= HP-w430pa3 ac-input 50-60 Hz 100-240v-7A. Hope this is enough info. Can one of you guys tell me if this is compatible with my case or do you need more info?

thx

How do I tell as I have no Idea? Plz clue me in Cat.
    post a picture (of the whole computer) and we can tell.. also the power supply MAY be enough for that card.. run it through the power calculator and find out for sure.

http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

Post the desktop too while you are at it.

SG Enthusiast
    post a picture (of the whole computer) and we can tell.. also the power supply MAY be enough for that card.. run it through the power calculator and find out for sure.

http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp
    Don't have cam. IF I attach a copy of belarc advisor will that be able to tell you the info you need for that site EXTREME POWER SUPPLY cause I have no clue how to answer some of the things it wants to know? I have 2 sticks of ddr sdram that i put in the PC after this belarc was run.

Don't have cam. IF I attach a copy of belarc advisor will that be able to tell you the info you need for that site EXTREME POWER SUPPLY cause I have no clue how to answer some of the things it wants to know? I have 2 sticks of ddr sdram that i put in the PC after this belarc was run.
    belarc is junk.. why waste you're time. Is the computer a pre-built dell or something along those lines or what??

SG Enthusiast
    belarc is junk.. why waste you're time. Is the computer a pre-built dell or something along those lines or what??
    It was built by 3rd party that I bought from the school I attended at the time. So how can I tell if card will work or not plz?

Speccy, ftw.

SG Enthusiast
    Can I use that card as psu cant exceed 193W and that card says 300W? Like I said, this PC is only gonna be used for net + downloading and is a secondary PC so it wont be used much.
    Last edited by 24giovanni; 06-03-11 at 04:52 PM.