Thread: Netgear N300 router issue...

Netgear N300 router issue...

What could cause the internet LED to go red, but I have connection to the internet on my wired computer. My wireless computers have spotty connections when this happens.

If I reboot the router it corrects the problem, and all my computers connect just fine, but I have to do this like once a week or so.

Also, when the internet led is red on the router I can no longer log in to the router, but again I do have connection to the internet....

Hi,

Not sure if you're still having an issue with your Netgear, but..
    Are you familiar with the router's internal settings and such? If so, you're probably better off resetting the Netgear back to it's original factory parameters-- this will completely clear any custom settings you have setup within the router, such as a login connection (PPPoE?) for your ADSL connection, and so forth.. so maybe sure you're willing to reinsert all the vital information. You'll also need to make sure the SSID is correct so your computers can connect, and setup the wireless security, if you have any.