Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lunesta script

Lunesta script

Holy mother of wow, sh*t.

$192.22 for a one month supply.

I should've asked for a price quote when I dropped it off but (until now) my insurance has been great so I didn't bother.

Advanced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Humboldt View Post

I should've asked for a price quote when I dropped it off but (until now) my insurance has been great so I didn't bother.

Wow didnt know sleeping drugs cost that much, have you ever looked into a passion flower tea or valerian root tea? If your having to buy a prescription theres no reason you couldnt grow those plants yourself and have something much better for you, many many times cheaper and always fresh medicine than some white lab coat brew.

Quote Originally Posted by frostybear View Post
    Wow didnt know sleeping drugs cost that much, have you ever looked into a passion flower tea or valerian root tea? If your having to buy a prescription theres no reason you couldnt grow those plants yourself and have something much better for you, many many times cheaper and always fresh medicine than some white lab coat brew.
    Oh yeah, we've had several threads on insomnia over the pasts few years and I've tried melatonin, valarian root, catnip, chamomielle, etc. Have never tried fresh though.

Had never gotten this stuff before either, had no clue it was so expensive. I won't be able to afford to refill it.

The real pisser? I took one last night and slept great...for 4 hours

Do you workout or play sports?
    Kinky is using a feather.
    Perverted is using the whole chicken.

Advanced Member
    Oh yeah, we've had several threads on insomnia over the pasts few years and I've tried melatonin, valarian root, catnip, chamomielle, etc. Have never tried fresh though.

Had never gotten this stuff before either, had no clue it was so expensive. I won't be able to afford to refill it.

The real pisser? I took one last night and slept great...for 4 hours
    Yeah the key is fresh, like with anything else the main constituents are at their highest and most potent fresh, the dried herbs in pill form or dried herbs you get at stores have lost a majority of their potency and dont work very well, just like anything else..just a thought..too bad your not in Socal else I could set you up with those plants and fresh herbs to try, have seen it work with everyone I have gave them to so far that had sleeping trouble. Another thing you may try is turning off all the electronics in your house besides your fridge, electro radition can affect some peoples sleeping patterns..

Blog Entries
    Do you drink any caffeinated beverages?
    Do you take any protein supplements?

Be mindful, like their pharmaceutical counterparts, herbals can have deleterious side effects.

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Weed or shots before bed would be cheaper!

Quote Originally Posted by chimdogger View Post
    Do you workout or play sports?
    No, but I'm fairly active given my schedule and aim to increase my exercise. Not much cardio. I know tiring myself out can help don't have the money/time for the gym.

I try to get in as much walking as I can with my various dogs, either on my street or at the beach or forest during the weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by frostybear View Post
    Yeah the key is fresh, like with anything else the main constituents are at their highest and most potent fresh, the dried herbs in pill form or dried herbs you get at stores have lost a majority of their potency and dont work very well, just like anything else..just a thought..too bad your not in Socal else I could set you up with those plants and fresh herbs to try, have seen it work with everyone I have gave them to so far that had sleeping trouble. Another thing you may try is turning off all the electronics in your house besides your fridge, electro radition can affect some peoples sleeping patterns..
    Thanks for the suggestions, I'll look for those plants at my nursery.

Quote Originally Posted by morbidpete View Post
    Weed or shots before bed would be cheaper!
    Cheaper, yes. Effective, no.

Weed doesn't make me sleepy and smoking before I go to sleep seems wasteful

I drink plenty, part of the problem IMO.

Blog Entries
    Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) is a muscle relaxer that I use. I think 10mg. The nice thing about, I can take "half" and it is enough to make me go to bed. My doctor says that is the side benefit of it.. I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Do you drink any caffeinated beverages?
    Do you take any protein supplements?

Be mindful, like their pharmaceutical counterparts, herbals can have deleterious side effects.
    Thanks for the reminder

I drink 2 mugs of coffee every morning (2 mugs = 4 coffee cups?) but none after that.
    No soda. No protein supplements.

In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    Sava wants to complain about gas these pharmaceutical companies are a ripoff. Sure they say it’s research but there has to be a limit. My bill is well over $20,000 a year and that is for medicine that slows the relapses of the MS. That much and it doesn’t even cure it.
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

Quote Originally Posted by RoundEye View Post
    Sava wants to complain about gas these pharmaceutical companies are a ripoff. Sure they say it’s research but there has to be a limit. My bill is well over $20,000 a year and that is for medicine that slows the relapses of the MS. That much and it doesn’t even cure it.
    I agree on both cases. I know the concept of a business is to make money but in some cases it seems that greed is the ultimate motivating factor.

Do you have 1 medication or several RoundEye?

In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    My Copaxone is the most expensive and that is for the MS. I have a couple others for twitching and nerves and such. I think I’ve had 15 prescriptions so far, but I don’t fill them all.
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

That's a lot.

15 meds at the same time, or one after another over time?

I would kill for a good nights sleep. I recently got some Ambien and although it helps you fall asleep faster is doesn't seem to do anything to keep you asleep. I also found it to be mildly addicting. 4 or 5 days in a row and then stop then 6th night it's a bitch trying to fall asleep.

As I get older I find that even my naps aren't as refreshing as they use to be. I've never slept good my entire life. Everytime I mention it to a doctor they usually just blow you off with the same old crap about caffeine, excercise etc. My mind is doing a frantic 2-step 24/7 and sometimes I wish I could just sit down.

Quote Originally Posted by Easto View Post
    I would kill for a good nights sleep. I recently got some Ambien and although it helps you fall asleep faster is doesn't seem to do anything to keep you asleep. I also found it to be mildly addicting. 4 or 5 days in a row and then stop then 6th night it's a bitch trying to fall asleep.

As I get older I find that even my naps aren't as refreshing as they use to be. I've never slept good my entire life. Everytime I mention it to a doctor they usually just blow you off with the same old crap about caffeine, excercise etc. My mind is doing a frantic 2-step 24/7 and sometimes I wish I could just sit down.

Yep, and yep.

Advanced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoundEye View Post
    If it cured it they wouldnt have a customer for life, theres no money in any cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Easto View Post

Thats the bad thing about the pills with them being addictive. Your in Socal so if your up for trying maybe we could get together and I can set you up with some plants to try to see if it works for you, they are homegrown and fresh. I have the same issue with mind in overdrive 24/7 but it is only a matter of quieting the mind, with it being like water it needs to be still to be smooth and at peace.

I use 22.5 mg Temazepam ,with my ins it costs $20 for 30pills,I take it every other night,works great for me,it comes in 15,22.5,& 30 mg

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0000808/